Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Wash Buckets?

hawgfan

Question

So I am thinking about buying a couple of them, so far i have been using 2 5 gallon buckets with grit guards in them, but I have noticed that the grit guards move around alot on the bottom. The grit guard moves along with the wash pad, when I try and move it across, so it's like it's not really doing any good. My question is do the grit guards fit snugg at the bottom of the Adam's Buckets or do they move around like they do in the 5 gallon buckets.

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some plastic items will just float depending on the composition.

Certain blends of plastic are lighter than the water they displace others are neutral and some are heavier. It just depend on the components that make up the plastic.

I've been on the lake here and seen plastic bottle caps floating and they seem solid enough that they should just sink.

I don't have any Grit Guards yet but it could be a difference in the which company is making the guards too.

I am not sure if there is more than one company making a product marketed as a "grit guard "or not.

Is the device patented and only one place making them?

It could explain the floaters.:confused:

Floating Grit Guards, wire ties, zero gravity planets....this is one funny thread, :lolsmack::lolsmack:It had me rolling! FYI, mine have been loose since day 1, but have never floated.

If you don't like your grit guards spinning, get the bucket caddies! They are awesome, and definately help my back out. The tightening screws are right in line with the grit guards....so no spinning. Haha. Dylan's the man, and says it doesn't stir up dirt, if you rub on the guard correctly, so it's not an issue. Just searching old threads, and thought I'd FYI. I noticed this when washing my cahhhh today. For now on, I keep the screws loose when not in use, to forgoe stress on the buckets, and tighten the screws on the caddies during the wash. Word.

Mines are semi loose, the best solution I found for this is the Bucket Caddy! I tighten the caddy's screws a little harder than normal around the bucket and VOILA, the pressure from the screws on the bucket tighten the bucket so the Grit Guard doesn't move :)

I have to bang my Adams bucket upside down to loosen the grit guard, but it is loose in a 5 gallon bucket. I like the idea of the wire tie around the outside. There is just a wealth of information on this forum.

Some 5 gallon buckets are different diameters in the bottom. My buckets from a playing card hardware store made the grit guards tight, but the guards were not touching the bottom, about 1/2 off the bottom. The homer buckets let the fins touch the bottom, but are slightly loose. I would rather have the fins touch the bottom to block the water movement (like a circular swirling of the wash water.

My buckets are BRAND NEW used once just this last Saturday and they are VERY loose in the bottom.

I'll try the tie wrap idea because IMO it's like a big propeller stirring up the crap in the bottom.

My buckets are BRAND NEW used once just this last Saturday and they are VERY loose in the bottom.

I'll try the tie wrap idea because IMO it's like a big propeller stirring up the crap in the bottom.

Thats unusual, but even if it is moving the finned design should keep the turbulence at a minimum... thats the reason they're designed the way they are.

Mine fit snug and the buckets all come from the same source and haven't changed, neither have the grit guards so I'm wondering why yours would be so loose?

Another thing you could do is cut a strip off of a foam block applicator and jam it between the side of the buck and the grit guard to keep it form moving.

Thats unusual, but even if it is moving the finned design should keep the turbulence at a minimum... thats the reason they're designed the way they are.

Mine fit snug and the buckets all come from the same source and haven't changed, neither have the grit guards so I'm wondering why yours would be so loose?

Another thing you could do is cut a strip off of a foam block applicator and jam it between the side of the buck and the grit guard to keep it form moving.

I'll look into taking a video of it to show you what it's doing. It's VERY loose.:(

ok so they are suppose to be tight at the bottom, that is what I was thinking, I will try the few suggestions I saw and if that don't work I needed something else to order anyway so why not lol, I've only spent like $1000 in the last few months so whats another 50 lol. Thanks for the help.

Guys... let me settle something for you... if they fit snug in the bucket you'd never be able to pull them out easily when it came time to clean the bucket or use the grit guard as a stand while you wash pads.

If you're using them as designed the grit guard needs to be like a wash board, so back and forth movements are all you'd need to clean the pad effectively. If thats the movement you're making the grit guard shouldn't be spinning.

If you don't want it to spin the solution of adding a zip tie isn't a bad idea, but in the end you really don't want it to be in there snug as it won't be able to be pulled back out.

Archived