Customer Service 866.965.0400

I didn't believe in ghost until today

IMADreamer

Ghost stories are kind part of growing up where I'm from, there are many supposed haunted places here including my aunt and uncles place which I've heard some pretty interesting stories about.

Anywho, my office is supposedly haunted. They say two people have died here. One almost 100 years ago when it was a Dodge dealership, apparently a worker was crushed by a car, and my bosses grandfather who died quietly while taking his afternoon nap in a rocking chair, which is eerily still in the same spot where he died. There have been the occasional weird thing happen in the 4 years I've worked out of this office, doors opening or closing by themselves, things sliding off shelves and this strange whistling of "camptown races." All of the doors closing and shelves things I think are explainable by either air movment or vibration from the hiway in front of the office. The whistling I've chalked up to someone outside or maybe someone in one of the other offices. Until today......

Today is kind of a perfect storm of lonliness in my office. lol My boss is gone to the doctor and my coworkers are out doing survey work. The office across the haul is a monument company and they are closed today, and the office in the back is a seasoning maker and he is out too. So it's just me in this big building all by myself.

The whistling began and continued for several minutes and i finally decided to investigate. I first looked outside, it must be a saleman at the Ford dealership on this end of the lot. Nope, no salesman around and when I went outside I couldn't hear it any more. hmm. So back inside to my desk and in the middle of a phone call I heard it again. WTH! So I go walking around toward the shop of the monument company and it's getting louder. I say "is someone here?" and it stops. I continue to look around but no one is around. I start to head back to my office and it starts again! So now I'm convinced someone is playing a joke on me so I search the whole place and no one is here!!

I have no explanation for why something is whistling "Camptown Races" in my office.

You by chance have a mini-recorder? Leave it recording in your office overnight to see what happens!

That's pretty cool!

We probably have something like that around here.

I guess I shouldn't have said I don't believe in ghost, I just don't really have an opinion one way or the other on them, until now. I can find no other justification for the whistling.

You have to start as a skeptic first, tryin to debunk anything and everything that could be causing it ya know? Sounds like you did that part.

Be cool if you could leave a vid camera there overnight...or a webcam or something...

Some of those Ghost Hunter shows have me believing as well. One more thing to check out...a noisy A/C vent...if it whistles at all you might just be convincing yourself that you are hearing the tune because you are predisposed to thinking about it. Just another possibility.

Some of those Ghost Hunter shows have me believing as well. One more thing to check out...a noisy A/C vent...if it whistles at all you might just be convincing yourself that you are hearing the tune because you are predisposed to thinking about it. Just another possibility.

:iagree:

It could be the A/C unit they do make whistling nosies out of those vents or water heater something in the Mechanical room.

I don't believe in ghosts at all, but you'll never convince my wife. She's had encounters since she was a kid. And still has them. She actually swears she saw someone in our house when nobody was home but her. And that's happened numerous times.

I just think she's nuts. :lolsmack:

Until one walks up to me and says "hey, how you doing?" I don't believe. That being said the building I work in is supposedly haunted. One of my fellow department managers claims he saw a woman walking down the hall towards him only to fade away. :eek: Another individual saw this same type apparition going past our shipping racks. He said the body was visible but at the bottom of the racks which is open, there was nothing to see. :eek: We had a woman on our midnight shift leave and never return after she saw a woman in the lunch room that walked through a wall (covered over door opening). :willy: We've had 3 or 4 different people claim to have seen someone out of the corner of their eye, but when they turn to look they are alone in the room. We had a plumber last fall rodding out the crapper next to the new lunch room upstairs he heard someone come up the stairs and into the lunch room. He said hi and when no one replied he went into the lunchroom and found it empty. :eek: One Saturday morning last summer while I was doing my "make sure all machines are off & doors are locked" walk through, my coworker Jen heard someone walking around in the upstairs offices. She heard footsteps go up the back stairs, 2 doors being closed and footsteps coming down the front stairs. The landing for the front stairs is across the lobby from her desk. No one appeared. :eek: We were alone in a locked building and I was not upstairs. I have never seen or heard anything is my 26 years in that building that was out of the ordinary.

I, along with a few coworkers want to come in on a Saturday night and do a sleep over and see what we can find ala Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures.:lurk:

BTW: I'm typing this during a raging thunderstorm....SPOOKY!

Archived