Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT on tire tread

XQIZT

Question

Is VRT safe to use on the tread portion of the tires (without danger of traction issues)? Problem is that with the hood open on a C4, you can see the entire tire. When the rest of the car is clean, the treads look terrible. This would be something I would apply on location once parked at a show.

This is what I'm talking about...look at those front treads.

If not, what are folks doing?

4613728422_9aafd2147a_b.jpg

10 answers to this question

I always VRT my tire treads at shows and never have a traction problem. I even use one of those small foam edging paint brushes to get inside the treads. After a minute of driving I doubt there would be any VRT left on the treads anyway

Picture-035.jpg

Gerry, that was my thought as well. I might even use my 25/75 mix. I just know that SOMETHING had to be done and it had to be done on site. I'll give it a try next time out.

Just DO NOT do that to a motorcycle!!! With 4 wheels you'll be fine. I'd do the spray method and when I&O comes back out I'd use it to make it quick and easy.

Chris

I do it all the time on my C5 Corvette. I have a bottle of 50/50 and I spray it on the tread area and work it in with a cheap micro fiber towel and an old toothbrush. It does not sling off as long as you don't over do. I have also left shows on wet roads and no problem.

I do it all the time on my C5 Corvette. I have a bottle of 50/50 and I spray it on the tread area and work it in with a cheap micro fiber towel and an old toothbrush. It does not sling off as long as you don't over do. I have also left shows on wet roads and no problem.

ditto

Archived