Customer Service 866.965.0400

what the

Gambrinus

Question

It's amazing to me that some wheel manufacturers offer uncoated aluminum wheels. What a pain! Even with regular maintenance they oxidize and dull after a while.

On uncoated aluminum, I recommend using nothing but soap and water for cleaning. Frequent cleaning will eliminate the need for heavy de-greasing and brake dust removal.

Thanks for all the replies. I have not had much time since I sell beer and it is summer. Pretty busy not complaining pays for the toys. I did get one wheel done and it looks great! Pictures to follow :cheers:

Checked my bottle of GWC. Says..."should be diluted up to 10:1 with water before being used on Polished Aluminum Wheels".

Hope you can get them polished back the way they were.

my bottle does not say that. I think there is a new label out. I just got this bottle no longer than 2 weeks ago from what i remember.

Here is a picture of my 16oz bottle label. This is the best pic I could get at the moment, unfortunately. Maybe someone from Adams can post a graphic of there label (if this one is considered a "new" label).

DSC00029.jpg

heck did I do wrong? Brand new wheels Thursday cleaned them up yesterday with wheel cleaner and they stained.Polishing now but do not want to do this every time! :help:

Not to be a wiseguys but ALWAYS read the instructions on the label ! It could have saved you a bunch of grief.

Now you tell me!! My bad

Well no one ever told me that either and I had a $2000 set of Budnik wheels near ruined because I used something similar... took me 4 hours to polish them all out. So I know your pain! :mad:

Daryl, I can only tell you from my experience with my polished wheels on my 32 that I do not use even Adams Green Wheel Cleaner on my polished wheels. I clean them up with the Metal Polish, then put on a coat of MSW and then follow with BSG. I then only hose them off and wipe down with a sponge. I just don't want any cleaners on them at all. Just my experience

thanks yes they are just polished.metel polish does work but not wipe on rub fixed. I do not have the time to do right now.. that looks like a 10 hour project. I sell beer and have a boat and summer is very busy in my world

they are just polished right ? no clear coat if so then i would use the metal polish on them see if that helps. but im surprised about the problem contact adams tomorrow and they should have something for you. or send a pm to dylan and see what he says

Srayed wheel with ware to cool sprayed on cleaner agitated rinsed off.... done it a thousand times it it not coming off with polish very well! I just spent a ton off money on theses wheels

Done it a thosand times using Adams...not on these wheels on all my other cars.. the wheel cleaner was my favorite product use it alot of stuff never a problem...great on weber grills

What method did you use? In more detail than used above?? Did you spray the cleaner on them, let it sit and then rinse it off and leave it like that to dry?? Any agitating at all or just spray on and spray off?

Archived