Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm Back

OIF Vet

Hello everyone! I've been AWOL from this site for some time now. We finally finished our 2,500 mile drive to Fort Bliss Texas. We just moved into our house and the movers delivered our stuff the other day. We are down to about 8 boxes left to unpack and we are done. Today will be the last day of the unpack and tomorrow I will have time to get the garage all set-up :). This weekend I will have my work cut out becuase I have 2,500 mile worth of dead bug and road debris to get off the wife's car and my truck. It's great to be back on here.

Rob

:patriot:

Soak some 'cheap' microfiber towels (the thinner the better) in your wash solution and put them over the 'buggy' areas while you wash the rest of the car. When you get to around to the front of the car, the bugs should be nice a soft and come off with no scrubbing. I even tie them around the rear-view mirrors.

Soak some 'cheap' microfiber towels (the thinner the better) in your wash solution and put them over the 'buggy' areas while you wash the rest of the car. When you get to around to the front of the car, the bugs should be nice a soft and come off with no scrubbing. I even tie them around the rear-view mirrors.

Good advice Mike. Welcome back Rob! :cheers:

Thanks everyone. The house is done as well as the garage. The movers only broke a few things but they will be taking care of those. However, we had some stuff come up missing and there isn't anything will be about that. I'm not happy with that answer so I have a few more doors to knock on. Other that those issues the move in went pretty smooth. I'll post some pictures when I get home from work this evening. Tomorrow the fun starts with clean the vehicles. Thanks again.

Rob

Rob I am glad that you are now settling into your home and now can enjoy some time cleaning your vehicles. 2,500 miles is a very long move. I have not heard of any movers not breaking anything. Everyone in my family has had things broken during a move.

Something missing, hmm let me guess - electronics? Something that could be sold easily?

You guessed it! What is weird, my fender brush and wheel brush is also missing. The Adam's products that I didn't take with me I triple Zip-Loced, taped and put them in Rubbermaid totes. When I unpacked that stuff the tape was broken and there was only in 1 Zip-Loc that wasn't even sealed. My BSG's cap was unscrewed and that stuff was all in the bottom of my detail bucket :mad:.

Rob

Hey AJ. It's good to be back on here. Yea, the movers deceided to help themselves to some of our stuff somewhere between Rhode Island and Fort Bliss. Not only did they aquire some of out stuff but some of our stuff was busted. Out of the 3 guys who packed our stuff, 1 must of have been a complete moron. The only thing that we are really ticked off about them breaking was my wife's Tiffany lamp that I bought her years ago. We have the inventory sheets so we'll see how we make out.

Rob

Thanks everyone. The house is done as well as the garage. The movers only broke a few things but they will be taking care of those. However, we had some stuff come up missing and there isn't anything will be about that. I'm not happy with that answer so I have a few more doors to knock on. Other that those issues the move in went pretty smooth. I'll post some pictures when I get home from work this evening. Tomorrow the fun starts with clean the vehicles. Thanks again.

Rob

I know this situation all too well. We had our HHGs delivered this week and it was a bit of a charlie foxtrot. Footboard to our bed got broke and they didn't do a few other thing they were supposed to do. I already have the inspectors at Transportation involved and soon to have Claims at JAG get on board as well. Gotta hold these suckas accountable!

I hear you Randy. Where are you at in Benning? I spent 1 year instructing at Sniper School, 2 years as a Senior Drill and my last was a 1SG of the same Basic Training Company I was a drill in. I spent a week in Columbus visiting some of out friends on our way here. Good luck with your claims.

Rob

Archived