Customer Service 866.965.0400

How About a Hex Grip Applicator for...

LEATHER CONDITIONER!

this would be a great addition to the hex grip applicator line up!

i would think all you need to do is make it out of the red applicator you already have and put a hex grip on top!

what do you guys think???

Maybe, but personally I think it'd be too bulky for a lot of areas, like the far reaches of the dash, and where the seatback meets the seat. The red foam "ufo" fits in the tight spaces as well as works to do the rest.

If you wanted to try it use either a blue or yellow hex...maybe take a little silver sharpie to mark the back and designate it as the leather app.

I'll of course put it under the bosses nose and see what he thinks.

I have a cut down foam block as well for reaching those areas where the dash and rear deck meet the glass.

I found the red applicator was great for getting intothose tight spots between seats etc with the leather products.

Maybe, but personally I think it'd be too bulky for a lot of areas, like the far reaches of the dash, and where the seatback meets the seat. The red foam "ufo" fits in the tight spaces as well as works to do the rest.

If you wanted to try it use either a blue or yellow hex...maybe take a little silver sharpie to mark the back and designate it as the leather app.

I'll of course put it under the bosses nose and see what he thinks.

ahh yes very true... i love the hex grip applicators cuz they give you an even coat when you use them, the red "UFO" applicator feels like it soaks up a lot of the conditioner though.

I just cut up a few of my foam blocks. If you cut an X pattern you get 4 nice sized triangles. I use them for VRT, Leather, etc. I even use one with some APC for those hard to reach engine and trim areas. I like the sharp edges for getting in there. Oh I used a hack say to cut them.. Next time Ill use my sawzall!

I just cut up a few of my foam blocks. If you cut an X pattern you get 4 nice sized triangles. I use them for VRT, Leather, etc. I even use one with some APC for those hard to reach engine and trim areas. I like the sharp edges for getting in there. Oh I used a hack say to cut them.. Next time Ill use my sawzall!

haha, any reason to break out the power tools! :lolsmack:

• 2 weeks later...
I use my hands. Seriously. No applicator. :2thumbs:

Really? You just squeeze it onto your hand and rub it in? I never thought about that, but I guess its like putting on lotion, but seems like it would be hard to get/keep an even application.

Really? You just squeeze it onto your hand and rub it in? I never thought about that, but I guess its like putting on lotion, but seems like it would be hard to get/keep an even application.

You're not so much aiming for even application if you use this method as you're going to be wiping the seats down again with a dry towel to remove the excess. This is more about completely and totally saturating the seat with product. A must for very dry seats or long neglected ones. I actually posted this tip up July 9th a year ago :2thumbs:

for seats that have gone a long time without conditioning I prefer to use an almost excessive amount of product and massage it in HARD by hand, as in with my bare hands kinda like a massage for your leather. Afterall it is just skin when you think about it!! I really rub it in there and apply a lot of pressure. Once the surface is entirely treated I wipe off the excess with a clean/dry microfiber towel, wait a bit then apply a normal coat with a foam applicator. The excess pressure, product and massaging soften the leather and allow the product to be worked as deep as possible into the surface... also makes your hands soft

Archived