Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun

Moz

Question

This is a Heads Up:Beware

attachment.php?attachmentid=937&stc=1&d=1234621178

I received my new Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun today and my Adams Car Shampoo yesterday so I thought I would go out and play a lil'.

This GFIIFG uses up the Adams Car Shampoo like there is NO TOMORROW:mad:

The gun has a dial from A-E (A=1:128 E=1:10).

*****I finally realized that you DON'T put straight soap in the resevoir*****

Thats what the settings are for,TO PREMIX:lolsmack:

Anyway's,I love the Foam Gun and if AdamsPolishes offered the foam gun I would have bought one from him!

Have a safe weekend everyone.:)

Moz

• Answers 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what foam gun do I get? Foammaster 1 or 2 ? I heard one only has the adjustable dial. I want that one. Was the Adams gun just a reNamed foammaster?

No.

Adam's Foam Gun, when they carried it looked more like the HydroFoamer.

The Gilmour is like driving a Geo Metro compared to a Corvette, upon comparing the two...FoamMaster (either series) or the one Adam's used to sell.

Like mook I much preferred my hydro... it shot foam easily twice the distance as either of my foam master guns ever thought of doing. It also maintained a more consistent foaming action thru the end of the canister versus the foam master which seems to sputter and spit during the last 25% of the bottle.

I, sadly, sacrificed my hydro in the name of hopefully finding a way to have an Adam's gun made here. Its upper assembly was cut in half to examine the interior metering system and intake layouts.

Now I'm back to using my Foam master II and standing virtually on top of the car I'm working on in order to hit it with foam. :(

Probably... the only ones I've ever seen with the rubber bumper on them like that are made by Gilmour or Orbit, both made in China.

Dramm is just about the last US manufacture of parts like that.

They sell them on Amazon.com and at Lowe's. Claims that they are brass but they are very light in weight to be brass. Maybe just the outer shell is brass.

We used to sell that gun Moz! That is, until they moved manufacturing on most of the Foam Master to CHINA. (Adam's Polishes doesn't support Chinese manufacturing.)

Soon, however, we are going to announce an American made foam gun!

I couldn't agree more with your American made philophsy Adam. I was going to order a foam gun elsewhere but instead I'll wait for yours.

If you are going to go through all the trouble to support American business, then the least I can do is wait for yours. Which I absolutely will do.

Thank you...

straight soap has its place (if your hose pressure can support it) for EXTREMELY soiled cars I will run full soap in the canister... for most 'normal washing 3-4oz mixed with water will produce more than sufficient suds.

I recently ran full soap to decontaminate a car that had been parked under a pine tree for about a month. The tiny bits of sap were holding all kinds of grit... couldn't be too safe.

I'm not sure which foam gun I bought, but I guess this explains why I have been going through Adams Shampoo like it's nobodies business! I can't believe I was so dense and just filling the entire reservoir with car wash.:explode:

We used to sell that gun Moz! That is, until they moved manufacturing on most of the Foam Master to CHINA. (Adam's Polishes doesn't support Chinese manufacturing.)

Soon, however, we are going to announce an American made foam gun!

I agree with the others, 3-4oz of soap, the 9-12oz water, and you'll be foaming like crazy!!;)

Why does everyone like the gilmour then?

Maybe Mook has them mixed up. I have 2 of the Foamaster originals. Both made in the USA and are the best foam guns due to their construction and on-the-fly metering. I bought my first one years ago and still use it to this day. The models I have are the Gilmour 75QGFMR.

Maybe Mook has them mixed up. I have 2 of the Foamaster originals. Both made in the USA and are the best foam guns due to their construction and on-the-fly metering. I bought my first one years ago and still use it to this day. The models I have are the Gilmour 75QGFMR.

Sorry, I was answering the "was the Adam's re-named" question. I have had or used both of the Gilmours. Side by side, I like the Hydro version better than both the I and II I have used or owned. Everyone has their preference though.

Something must be wrong with your foam gun. Mine have shot foam a good distance from day one. I do run clear water through them after each use as per the operating instruction, just to make sure that the passage ways are clear of soap when not in use. No sputtering with either of my guns.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFIILkkdqaA&feature=channel_video_title]Quart Foam Gun on Full Foam - YouTube[/ame]

Archived