Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail of G8

StormChaser

Ok, so I had a detail weekend session...and well only got ONE car done! LOL It's all good because the g8 needed it badly!

My SS didn't even see a drop of water but we spent about 8 or 9 hours total on the G8. Six hours on Friday doing the exterior...and a few hours tonight on the interior detail.

I only took the "after" pictures ...unfortunately I forgot to bring the camera to the car wash. OOPS. My car wash area at my apt complex was broken. No water! So we went to a car wash to use their water. And thank goodness the manager on duty was gracious enough to let us stay there the whole time! It wasn't super busy. But I digress. :lol:

Adam's wash, clay, S&H, Revive Polish, Buttery wax, & Americana Wax. Adams's detail spray and MF towels. I also had "M" clay & detail spray in case I ran out of spray.

Started out with 2 buckets. One clean, one soap. I seriously need to get the grit guard...and each time I do this...I kick myself in the butt for not having EVERYTHING. LOL

We did the wash and clay first. Side story on the clay. I have Adam's clay and because Patrick's car had a LOT of tar on it, I brought the "M" clay so we could tag team the clay process. Well I let Patrick use the M stuff because I just wanted to make sure he was used to the process and if he dropped it...who cares it's just in my arsenal b/c I can't throw things away. Anyway the "M" was sticking badly to the paint. At first we thought he was using too much pressure, etc...not enough spray, etc. I tried it out and same results. Now I'm not a professional by any means but I know what was happening is NOT the way things should go. Alas I cleaned up the mess M made and gave Patrick some of Adam's clay. He was amazed at the difference.

Ok we then did the S&H, Revive Polish, Buttery wax, and Americana Wax. Patrick's G8 hadn't been waxed since he bought it over 2 years ago. Sooooooo I elected to use both wax's so that we could get some good protection on the paint. Maybe that was extra work but one more layer of protection couldn't hurt. :) And since Patrick lives about five hours away...it's not like I could throw on another layer of Americana next weekend.

Patrick's girlfriend took some before pictures and as soon as they get back home I can get a copy of those pictures and them posted up. The water couldn't even repel the water. Now...I have an SUV and I am used to the leg work behind my SS but the G8....dang I had to actually get on my knees and get real dirty! :willy::willy: I am so darn sore...I'm not kidding. Got my workout that's for sure!!! :)

This detail lesson I learned that I need a chair so that I can just roll around the vehicle, the gallon detail spray instead of just the small bottle, more applicator pads, more MF towels, and MOST importantly..... :pc:I think the whole day would have gone much faster with this little thing!!!

I am truly amazed at how AWESOME the waxing products worked on the paint job! I mean ....almost no reflection to TONS of reflection. She is definitely beautiful and I am jealous. My SS is still dirty!!!

Without further delay...here are the AFTER pictures.

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5446.jpg

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

This is a photo that we took...for joking purposes. Anyone on TBSSOWNERS.com will know the meaning. And I have NO idea why the rest of the pictures are grainy? All pics were taken on a tri-pod.

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5492.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

Great work Brandi, especially by hand!

This detail lesson I learned that I need a chair so that I can just roll around the vehicle, the gallon detail spray instead of just the small bottle, more applicator pads, more MF towels, and MOST importantly..... :pc:I think the whole day would have gone much faster with this little thing!!!

Now you've really got the bug! A rolling stool, then a couple more brushes, and a PC & collection of pads. What, Adam's has more new products for me use! Now you need a bigger cabinet to store everything in. Wow, I'm running out of room in the garage, maybe if I installed a lift in here I could STACK my cars! :jester:

I always say this, I never get tired of seeing detailed G8's! I'm about to go work on my deck lid today and do some paint correction. Looks like you may have neglected to do the inside of your wheel wells?

LOL well..this is my friend's ride. I supplied almost all of the product. He was responsible for the wheel area...and I thought he had done that area?? Of course, after seeing the pictures I saw he hadn't. LOL

Great work Brandi, especially by hand!

Now you've really got the bug! A rolling stool, then a couple more brushes, and a PC & collection of pads. What, Adam's has more new products for me use! Now you need a bigger cabinet to store everything in. Wow, I'm running out of room in the garage, maybe if I installed a lift in here I could STACK my cars! :jester:

Thank you!!!! Patrick and his girl definitely helped out ....she got a lesson in our addiction! LOL My front closet in my apt has just a jacket, gortex pants and the rest is CAR CLEANING!!! My vacuum has to go in my bedroom closet b/c I needed the room in my front closet for adams! LOLOL

Looks good that is by far the best G8 color.

NOT! :D

Looks great! I almost forgot what that back end looks like with the original badges. :thumbsup:

BTW: Was that mom's clay or Meg's clay? I definitely do not like mom's clay, too sticky and seems to be too gentle. I'm down to one sealed pack of it and may save it as a museum piece. I also don't like GG's, same complaint as mom's. Meg's on the other hand I still like, esp. for the lower parts of panels and doors. This coming payday I'm off to one of the local Adam's dealers for some clay bar, detail spray and MSW.....unless that combo pops up as a daily special. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.....

Thanks guys...it's not all me...I can't take full credit. Patrick did his share of work too!! I am not sure if he's registered on here yet or not but I know he's talked to the Junkman a few times. :)

I hope to get to my SS this coming weekend. :)

Thanks girl...debating on if I want to wait another week or two until it gets cooler but then again...I guess I have to since I am out of detail spray. LOL

I wanted more time and less heat with his car...there was a lot we didnt get to touch but he was really happy and that is what matters....although I don't think we convinced his girlfriend about our passion! LOL

I can only hope she had fun!

Thanks girl...debating on if I want to wait another week or two until it gets cooler but then again...I guess I have to since I am out of detail spray. LOL

I wanted more time and less heat with his car...there was a lot we didnt get to touch but he was really happy and that is what matters....although I don't think we convinced his girlfriend about our passion! LOL

I can only hope she had fun!

welllll-it was pretty nice of ya to supply the Adam's products and do the work-plus the car looks great!:banana:

Thanks everyone...I plan on doing my ride Labor Day weekend so I can have much more time and I secretly hope it's cooler! :)

I still haven't seen the pictures that were taken of the before ....I hope to have those soon.

Thanks Randy....trust me I know....the wheel wells weren't done...all of us were exhausted and my friend lives a few hours away so he hasn't been back in town. They definitely stand out....but it's ok..the rest of the car is amazing :)

Archived