Customer Service 866.965.0400

Salesman at the dealership

HydroBlueJK

Question

So i purchased a 2013 ford focus SE this past weekend for a commuter car
its silver in color.. for me..silver doesnt do much..but it always looks CLEAN..my truck is black and thats hard enough..

anyway i noticed a couple of scuffs on the rear bumper ( knowing i could polish those out) i made it known about them being there..so he goes and grabs this spray bottle of some pink chemical and asks his other salesman for a towel...

this was a white towel that looked as if it was dropped in the woods lol

i was like DONT DO THAT!!!! and he looked at me as if i was crazy...

some people just dont know  ;)

10 answers to this question

I had some greasy smudges on my fenders after my complementary oil-change.  When I mentioned it to the service manager he sent a dude over with an aerosol can and a red shop rag. 

I quickly said, "Never mind! I'll get it myself when I get home."

He said, "Really? It's no trouble at all."

No kidding.

I had some greasy smudges on my fenders after my complementary oil-change.  When I mentioned it to the service manager he sent a dude over with an aerosol can and a red shop rag. 

I quickly said, "Never mind! I'll get it myself when I get home."

He said, "Really? It's no trouble at all."

No kidding.

this was a white bath towel with black stains all over it lol

Yeah, I cringe every time I have to get any work done on any of my vehicles.  The Vette only goes to a trusted friend, but the Cadillac goes to the dealership (cringe).  It can give you nightmares.

The dealer knows not to wash my car. Well, when I show up, it is cleaner than anything they've seen. Them washing it would make it dirtier! You should hear the comments I get in the winter.

I always tell the dealer not to wash, clean or "detail" my cars. They lot at you like your nuts !!

When I had my black Lexus I told them the same thing. They said REALLY? IT'S NO PROBLEM. I just smiled and said please do not touch the body of my car.

Edited by gapwedge

Pleasant surprise at the dealership this morning when I brought my car to get an oil change and general servicing.  I had pre-printed one of those Adam's "Do not Wash" decals to hang from the mirror, thinking that telling the service manager wouldn't be enough.  He tells me, "One step ahead of you" as, to my surprise, he whips out a large "No Wash" red placard and places it on my dashboard.  Really was a nice touch...

Pleasant surprise at the dealership this morning when I brought my car to get an oil change and general servicing.  I had pre-printed one of those Adam's "Do not Wash" decals to hang from the mirror, thinking that telling the service manager wouldn't be enough.  He tells me, "One step ahead of you" as, to my surprise, he whips out a large "No Wash" red placard and places it on my dashboard.  Really was a nice touch...

Twist! The red place card was dirty and stained your dash.