Customer Service 866.965.0400

New blue 4" pads

PostalTwo

Question

14 answers to this question

Can someone tell me what they measure across the face of the pad? Is it exactly 4"?

I got this one about 3 months ago. Measures 4' exactly on the back and 4 1/4 on the face.  This might be the old version of the Blue Pad for metal polishing. The second Blue Micro Fiber Cutting pad is the last pic. I just bought that one a week ago.

Hope that helps!

post-15154-0-78168600-1484899738_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-36840500-1484899848_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-46265200-1484900677_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geebee

The blue foam metal polish pads shown above are different than the new blue foam pads for paint, different foam density and cell structure. They do have the same wavy face design with the same face and back measurement, however there is no centering ring on the rear of the new 4" blue foam pad for paint. The new blue foam pad for paint is taller than the blue foam pad for metal polishing.

I'm surprised at the size of the blue microfiber. I have a set coming next week, but I assumed that as a 4" pad that it would work on the cyclo or mini. I'll be curious what actually does show up and what machines they'll fit on.

Shane.... I was surprised how small the Blue Micro Fiber Pads were. They work on my Groits Mini fine. I'll give them a try this weekend.

Here's a shot of Adam's new microfiber pads perfectly centered on the backing plates on my Cyclo. I have the backing plates positioned so the pads are as close to each other as the'll get being centered. Do they touch? No. Do they need to touch to polish? No. The Cyclo, as with any other machine, you'll want to make overlapping passes as you progress across a panel. By making overlapping passes the area not touched on the first pass gets taken care of on the subsequent pass.

These pads are perfectly fine on the Cyclo.

IMG_10201663_zpsarp9qfmn.jpg

Here's a shot of Adam's new microfiber pads perfectly centered on the backing plates on my Cyclo. I have the backing plates positioned so the pads are as close to each other as the'll get being centered. Do they touch? No. Do they need to touch to polish? No. The Cyclo, as with any other machine, you'll want to make overlapping passes as you progress across a panel. By making overlapping passes the area not touched on the first pass gets taken care of on the subsequent pass.

These pads are perfectly fine on the Cyclo.

I understand and respect your opinion thank you.for me a gap like that is unacceptable. I'll either have to find another manufacture to supply pads for me. Or make my cyclo a carpet scrubber and get rupes machines . In hindsight I prob should have done that in the first place . I never thought adams would make his customer base start "making things work" instead of providing the proper items for the tools sold . I realize I have a cyclo machine but,it does say adams on it. Good thing is I guess I haven't spent 1000's on adams gear so it's easy for me to switch now. Edited by PostalTwo

Another work-around for these smaller pads on the Cyclo is to drive the polisher a bit crooked.  Rotate the machine at an angle to the direction you are going, so that there is some overlap.

I have found that I end up doing this even with the foam pads, since it is a more natural way to hold the Cyclo. With one hand on the rear grip, and the other on the front handle, the machine just ends up a little rotated, rather than running it straight to the direction of travel, since this would have one hand directly in front of the other.

Another work-around for these smaller pads on the Cyclo is to drive the polisher a bit crooked.  Rotate the machine at an angle to the direction you are going, so that there is some overlap.

I have found that I end up doing this even with the foam pads, since it is a more natural way to hold the Cyclo. With one hand on the rear grip, and the other on the front handle, the machine just ends up a little rotated, rather than running it straight to the direction of travel, since this would have one hand directly in front of the other.

attachicon.gifIMG_10201663_zpsarp9qfmn.jpg

Thanks man I appreciate your efforts . Feeling a little frustrated atm . 45° angle seems like more than just a little. Def less than ideal. Still the advice is appreciated just the same . Cheers

I own an adams cyclo also. It's not over thinking ,just thinking . I'm no fan boy ,I don't just eat up what ever they dish out . If they release something ideal, great,I'll buy it if not I won't.these pads at 3.5" are not ideal . Most certainly designed with the skp in mind not any other machine. If the gap was 1/16 or 1/8 it would not be too bad but it's an inch for crying out loud

Edited by PostalTwo

I missed this thread last month. The most recent 4" orange and black microfiber cutting pads that we had prior to the release of these new Blue and White Microfiber Cutting Pads were not 100% ideal for the Cyclo either - the manufacturer increased the size of the pads from 4" to 4.25" in diameter for the last few shipments that we received. I did not realize this until I started to receive some in my orders and I informed Adam of this. These slightly over-sized 4.25" pads do not harm the Cyclo, but they do seem to create a little extra vibration with the machine from barely bumping into each other during oscillations. 

The new blue and white microfiber pads were not "most certainly designed with the SKP in mind not any other machine." The new pads come from a different manufacturer with a different foam material and different microfiber material. The pads are thinner than the previous foam for extra correcting strength, reduced vibration, and they're easier to clean out afterward in my personal opinion. This thinner pad has a little more bend and flex than our older orange foam microfiber pads, therefore the diameter of the Velcro backing was made to be just larger than the diameter of the backing plate, so that the pads stay more secure, have less overhang off of the backing plate, and have more stability when polishing.

The Cyclo, Rupes Mini, Cordless Drill Backing Plate, and Swirl Killer Mini all have the same 2 7/8" diameter on their respective backing plates, for use with a 3.5"-4" pad. The gap between two of the new blue/white microfiber pads when used on the Cyclo is 3/4" at the closest oscillation point. As others have stated in this thread, proper polishing technique will have overlapping passes in up/down and left/right patterns that make this 3/4" gap insignificant. On large body panels, I always use the Cyclo with the pads flat to the surface, but tilted at an angle as TheWolf shows in his post. Adam has always recommend this as well, and you can see him using the Cyclo at an angle in almost every video and demonstration that he does. If you would like to try out the new pads, we offer our 110% satisfaction guarantee if they don't work out for you :)