Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello Everyone! Adams is quickly become one of my favorite brands!

DanielChaves

Welcome, Daniel! Only a matter of time until it becomes your favorite 😉👍. In the meantime, whatcha keeping shiny?

I recommend you read this soon. Seems to be a common issue.

Oh, and before you take those colors for granted, be sure to read this thread. Been a few "oops" along the way, by me, too, and most recently by our beloved godfather, @Rich.

Currently that would be just my daily driver, a 2008 Audi TT Quattro Mk2 VR6 3.2L

Tried out Adams Buttery Wax over the weekend for the first time, loved the smell and how easy it was to apply and buff off. I do have their ceramic spray too and I picked up a new DA polisher and what not but I need to wait for a cool weekend or find someone with a garage that I can spend a weekend washing, claying, compounding, and polishing my car so I can then try out Adams Ceramic spray. 

20190413_113759.jpg

20190413_122745.jpg

@DanielChaves The Buttery Wax does have a pleasant smell and is very easy to work with.  I use it on the cars that need a quick wash and wax with the full expectation that it wont' last very long in the sun, if you get 2 or 3 weeks you are doing good.   I also have the Spray Wax which is also very easy to use and you can use it in the full sun without worry and it also has a pleasant smell, as does pretty much everything except Wheel Cleaner.

With your car, if you are looking for something with longevity, @falcaineer can tell you everything you want to know about H20 Guard and Gloss which does an amazing job on White or Silver cars.  Myself, I've moved up to Ceramic Paste Wax and while it takes a bit more effort, but not much, the results are awesome.

2 hours ago, RayS said:

@DanielChaves The Buttery Wax does have a pleasant smell and is very easy to work with.  I use it on the cars that need a quick wash and wax with the full expectation that it wont' last very long in the sun, if you get 2 or 3 weeks you are doing good.   I also have the Spray Wax which is also very easy to use and you can use it in the full sun without worry and it also has a pleasant smell, as does pretty much everything except Wheel Cleaner.

With your car, if you are looking for something with longevity, @falcaineer can tell you everything you want to know about H20 Guard and Gloss which does an amazing job on White or Silver cars.  Myself, I've moved up to Ceramic Paste Wax and while it takes a bit more effort, but not much, the results are awesome.

Yeah the buttery wax came with my mystery bucket, normally I dont use waxes since it is a daily driver but figured it came so why not try it out since some of my detailing gear wont be hear until next month and have strip my car then anyways. I plan to give it to someone that will have better use for it. The H20 Guard also showed up in my bucket so I do plan to use that as a drying aid in the future. :) 

I do have a question and I have searched the forum but didnt find what I was looking for. On my lower panels just behind the wheels there is a bit of mud splatter, almost looks like clay in color. This stuff is hard as a rock. I cant even pick it off with my finger nail. I have tried various cleaners, I even sprayed vigorously an all purpose cleaner on it and nothing seems to work to help loosen it up to wipe off. Any suggestions?  

Edited by DanielChaves

26 minutes ago, DanielChaves said:

I do have a question and I have searched the forum but didnt find what I was looking for. On my lower panels just behind the wheels there is a bit of mud splatter, almost looks like clay in color. This stuff is hard as a rock. I cant even pick it off with my finger nail. I have tried various cleaners, I even sprayed vigorously an all purpose cleaner on it and nothing seems to work to help loosen it up to wipe off. Any suggestions?  

Can you post a pic or two?

2 minutes ago, DanielChaves said:

Yeah when I get home, I will take a few pictures and upload them. 

Cool. When you do, I recommend you start a new topic under "General" or "Wash" sections to get better visibility and probably more feedback. It may get lost here.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forum/30-general-detailing-discussion-and-questions/

http://www.adamsforums.com/forum/33-washing-drying-and-decontamination/

Edited by falcaineer

I think those saying it looks like paint is right. I took some Goof Off latex paint remover and used it on the lower quarter of my panel and it started to break it down. I quickly followed up with each pass an ipa and water rinse to make sure it didnt work its way into the clear. That took off the bulk of it. I had family over for the weekend so couldnt spend to much time, so next weekend I will tackle it all and take care of it then. The wheel well liner is a felt like material. I still think its odd they do that instead of plastic maybe it keeps quieter from the wind buffering around the wheel? but yeah that will probably be harder to clean. May have to take off my wheels and use a good scrub brush to that. 

Scratch that I wont be free this coming weekend to do a full wash, clay, and polish of my car after all. Just got hired to do a gig with Robert Matthew Van Winkle for Saturday at LA Live, he called me up and asked if I wanted to work with him again which duh of course I do, it was a freaking blast the last time I got to work with him. ^_^

My poor car, all I have been able to do is maintenance washes. I have been wanting to do a full detail since Christmas but I need at least a good solid two days to do such but I keep having things come up that eat a day out of my weekend. ^^;;