Customer Service 866.965.0400

I hate Adams Shipping

I understand with the free shipping, it can take forever, i.e. My order from last Monday is supposed to show up today. But, I ordered something from Amazon, because I didn't want to wait forever, and I had to pay for shipping on Tuesday, and it won't be delivered until next Thursday, how many other company's do you know that would be acceptable from?

end rant

If you expect to receive something quick by selecting the "free shipping" option, chances are you will be disappointed. Once it leaves the Adam's shipping dock, they no longer have control over the package. If you need an item quickly, select 2-Day shipping and pay the charge. It's just that simple.

5 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

If you expect to receive something quick by selecting the "free shipping" option, chances are you will be disappointed. Once it leaves the Adam's shipping dock, they no longer have control over the package. If you need an item quickly, select 2-Day shipping and pay the charge. It's just that simple.

Thats why I ordered thru Amazon, I paid for shipping, just didnt expect it to take 10 days. And A FYI, I did order from Adams before and used 2  day shipping, and it did take 2 days shipping time, and 3  days to get it out the door.

I understand the frustration, as many of us are used to 2-day shipping from Amazon, which now has 1-day shipping on many items. 

Order backlog during most sale events can take a few days to process for standard or free shipping options, and the free shipping option usually means Smartpost, which adds another few days for the USPS to handle the final delivery.

I have found that having a gallon refill in the order usually results in standard ground shipping and not Smartpost.

On 6/21/2019 at 1:24 PM, Mbrazelton said:

Be careful, you complain to much you'll get banished! 

Constructive feedback is always appreciated.

However, there have been past instances were some members have been overly negative in a majority of their posts, including criticising other members.  This type of behavior is not allowed.

My solution to the slow shipping (and I agree that Amazon kind of spoiled all of us) was to over order everything. I swear I have just as much Adam’s stuff as any small retailer would. Now when there is a sale, I can order whatever I want, but still have a boatload of it so I’m not in a hurry.

*this post was only the slightest of exaggerations, I do have waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of everything!

My solution is similar to @Tim with the way I order product.  When I get to a 1/2 gallon, I put a new refill kit in my wishlist.  The advantage to ordering the refill kit is that you get a gallon and a bottle with it.  By following this ordering method, I have several bottles of product in the cabinet in case there is a longer period between sales.   When a sale comes along and I have several items in my wishlist to get the free shipping, I reorder and let it ship via smartpost, it will show up in a week or so...

If I do need something quicker I go to my local Chevy dealer, who has a good selection of the basics, and I pick up a bottle of whatever, they are even nice enough to match the Adam's sale prices.  However, I have also used the Express Shipping when I order Ceramic Paste Wax or Patriots Wax during the summer

Edited by RayS

Simple. Order when you START to get low on something and don't wait till you're almost out.  I've never minded waiting for the snail mail to deliver, because I've never run that short on any of my usual go to products.  

If the heavier things are shipped Fed Ex,  they're usually here within 3 or 4 days. The lighter stuff that gets shipped USPS Smart Post can take 2 weeks.  I plan accordingly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rich hit the nail on the head!  do you buy/order toilet paper after you've already run out?  When I refill a 16oz and the gallon is empty or close to it, I've got an order going in that week.  Just keep an eye on your inventory to keep from running out completely.