Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash

VT Yeti

Question

19 answers to this question

No worries, Andy! We are here to help. And don't feel bad at all, we've ALL overbought something before...comes with the addiction 😉😃

Waterless Wash is awesome and you'll find you can go through it pretty quickly. The more the use, the more lubricity you add to the surface before cleaning. So spray away! And as said above, it's a great prewash for bugs and loosening stuff on the surface.

P.S. I was at BJ last month as part of the Adam's detail team...reminds me I need to post some pics...

No, sorry. That defeats the purpose, honestly. It's also not meant to dilute. But what's your intent? I may not be understanding your question.

• P.S. Moving this to the Wash forum to keep in line with the subject (be sure to post an intro for you though!)

You're wasting the WW if you mix it in the wash bucket with your shampoo. However, it's great as a pre-wash step to make it easier to get bugs off the front of your vehicle. Just spray them and let it soak, then proceed with washing as normal.

• Moderators
  • team_Moderator_2013-100x100.jpg
  • 5,749 posts

No, sorry. That defeats the purpose, honestly. It's also not meant to dilute. But what's your intent? I may not be understanding your question.

• P.S. Moving this to the Wash forum to keep in line with the subject (be sure to post an intro for you though!) 

Chris and Ryan,

obviously, I'm a rookie and don't know what I'm doing either with product or posting on forums. Sorry. I'll look on the 'wash' thread. Thank you for responding. Why I asked the question is I think I overbought on the waterless wash. Bought a gallon as well as the 16oz spray bottle. I live on a very nice dirt road in Vermont, but a dirt road nonetheless. This stuff seems more suited to be used to wipe of dust. Overzealous purchasing at the recent BJ Show in Scottsdale :)

If your car is well waxed the dust will rinse off easily and then you can use Waterless Wash as drying aid.   It is also one of the items that I keep in my travel kits since it can make for a easy and quick cleanup when traveling.

Thanks Chris for the info and the 'feel good' comments. ;) The guy I bought my stuff from had white hair and mustache (couldn't remember his name) and Erin wrote it all up. I bought the farm, the first day Saturday! $340 of product incl a buffer :) If my garage ever warms up I'll have the shiniest Miata East of Scottsdale :)

6 hours ago, VT Yeti said:

Thanks Chris for the info and the 'feel good' comments. ;) The guy I bought my stuff from had white hair and mustache (couldn't remember his name) and Erin wrote it all up. I bought the farm, the first day Saturday! $340 of product incl a buffer :) If my garage ever warms up I'll have the shiniest Miata East of Scottsdale :)

That was Greg...he's a funny guy! Enjoy the goodies, and let us know if you have any questions for us. We're all in this addiction together! 😃

3 hours ago, quebert said:

Why not use Rinseless Wash? it's dilutable and works fantastic.  I mostly use it for WW's. 

2 hours ago, VT Yeti said:

Rinseless Wash?

You can dilute Rinseless Wash 16:1 to make a Waterless Wash-like solution. But if doesn't smell nearly as good, IMO!

11 hours ago, VT Yeti said:

Rinseless Wash?

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-rinseless-car-wash

You can use this in your bucket with some microfiber towels. 

I love rinseless wash especially in the winter or on days when I only have 30 minutes or so to do a wash. Works well, and is best for lightly dirty surfaces. If your car is very soiled, definitely opt for the full traditional 2 bucket wash method.

8 hours ago, VT Yeti said:

Thanks to all who responded to my 'rinseless wash'? question. I had no idea! I'm a real 'babe in the woods' (of 77) apparently! :):)

You've only gotten through Waterless Wash and Rinseless Wash so far and there are many other items in the list.  For the record, I buy Waterless Wash since is smells so much better, in my opinion.   A bottle of WW and a towel in the parking lot while the wife is shopping is a perfect way to pass the time and end up with a clean vehicle, plus it keeps you from getting dragged around the store.

15 hours ago, quebert said:

The mentions of the WW smelling better, did Adam's change the RW scent in the past few years? I'm not sure how old my almost empty gallon jug is. But I just it doesn't remind me at all of Watermellon.

Whoa, I always thought Rinseless Wash was supposed to be Wild Berry scented. I was wondering why the RW smelled weird. I'll have to go back and see if my new bottles smell like Watermelon. 

11 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

Whoa, I always thought Rinseless Wash was supposed to be Wild Berry scented. I was wondering why the RW smelled weird. I'll have to go back and see if my new bottles smell like Watermelon. 

Yeah, it smells like berries to me too.  If they changed it to Watermelon I'd like it better. Maybe it is Watermelon and my nose is just broke :(