Customer Service 866.965.0400

Slickest topper for Ceramic Spray Coat... Ceramic Boost or Liquid Wax?

rabbit_eater

Question

Hello everyone, new user to the forum here. I just placed an order for the new CSC and CS3 combo kit, plus a everything I need to prep the surface before application. I picked up a slightly used '19 VW GLI the other weekend and I'm ready to make this thing look better than new. I realized after placing my order that besides the CS3 I don't have anything to maintain the ceramic finish with. So my question is, which product bet offers the best combo of slickness and hydrophobicity? Has anyone used the Ceramic Liquid Wax on top of the spray coating yet? I understand that the CB will be easier to use, but for quick maintenance I will have the CS3 to use and I'm not opposed to spending the time to use the liquid wax. Does the liquid wax offer better properties in real world use or is the difference so minimal the the CB will be the better choice?

Thanks!!

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Chris@Adams said:

First off Welcome! I vote for CB then you can maintain with CS3.

Thanks for using our products!

Thank you, Chris! With the ceramic spray coating, I will be treating the trim on the exterior of the vehicle as well. How does the ceramic boost do with trim? Is it best to avoid it, or does it work as a sealant for that as well?

4 minutes ago, rabbit_eater said:

Thank you, Chris! With the ceramic spray coating, I will be treating the trim on the exterior of the vehicle as well. How does the ceramic boost do with trim? Is it best to avoid it, or does it work as a sealant for that as well?

Yes CB is fine on your trim & you are Welcome!

Protect your vehicle from months with Ceramic Boost. Great for coated and uncoated finishes.

• Advanced silica protection
  • Incredibly slick finish beads & repels water
  • Boosts hydrophobic properties of Adam’s Ceramic Coatings
  • More durable and increased shine, even easier application!
  • Use on several exterior surfaces – paint, chrome, and trim

The Ceramic Boost is a Sealant for the Ceramic Coatings (it can also be used as a stand alone sealant) and will help with the longevity of the coating. The Ceramic infused Liquid Wax will also help with the longevity of the coating by adding a more substantial product over the coating than Ceramic Boost alone. The Ceramic infused Liquid Wax, and the original Ceramic Paste Wax, were created for those of us that still want to be doing something to our vehicles after we've Ceramic Coated them.

All will add hydrophobic properties to the finish, be it on top of a Ceramic Coating, or bare paint.

Great thread. I'm using CS3 over my PS/H2O G&G and it's working great. I was going to wait until the fall to move to ceramic but I don't think I can wait that long :) Now I'm thinking to strip, clay, decontaminate, polish, ceramic prep, and CSC. From there CS3 maintenance and ceramic boost every few months. Looks like I'll be using all my other products on my wife's SUV. 

25 minutes ago, tomsch63 said:

Great thread. I'm using CS3 over my PS/H2O G&G and it's working great. I was going to wait until the fall to move to ceramic but I don't think I can wait that long :) Now I'm thinking to strip, clay, decontaminate, polish, ceramic prep, and CSC. From there CS3 maintenance and ceramic boost every few months. Looks like I'll be using all my other products on my wife's SUV. 

Sounds like a plan. But one caveat, use Ceramic Boost once a month or so, or every 3-4 washes. Enjoy!