Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bad Linting...

vm1971

Question

Ok... I've read and researched the threads on this, so I really am sorry if this is ... redundant... but it's now a first for me!

My single soft white micros and the blue waffle versions... suddenly... are linting so bad, i have to stop and swap out with a new, different towel. 

Ive boiled them, I wash according to instructions with adams cleaner ONLY (and lately the new one) with no issues. But, suddenly ONLY these lint HEAVILY. And its really HARD to get off!

I know this may be futile...  but... ??????? Anyone? It's insane. Im about to ditch them altogether or just use them as dirty JOB rags. 

17 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

Wanted to follow the thread,  had about 10 towels do the same to me lately out of nowhere.  Boiled, and even washed individually.  Nothing has helped.

Hmm.. ya, I'm in the same boat. And again - its  only those single-soft versions. Im going to try to wash them FULLY isolated and air-dry. :) Everything else is ok! Happened again last night during a 3 step "waterless magic session"... haha... car was ok, just a little dotted from a quick rain and some flinging of tire shine... I had to switch towels again but... it came out ok. I'm not normally a "waterless" guy, but... this is PRIMO:  CS3 / Vivd DS / Slick N Slide. Holy cow!

IMG_5832.jpeg

Well... (I know this isn't a riveting topic)... More detail fun yesterday with the charger,  with air-dryed towels this time..

more linting,  possibly  worse this time. I  threw one of my single softs in the trash thinking, maybe its just ... DEAD? (its about 3 years old). 

No idea. never had such a bad issue before. My next idea (after doing some research  here) ... is HAND washing.  

?

Ya, i did consider that. But then... oddly---  the  blue waffle/singles... are a bit newer,   and they also did some linting antics.

So... ???  I  guess ill try to replace anything that looks beat (which really arent many at this point)  and try a hand wash, too. 

thanks!

A good way to mess up a bunch of single and double softs is toss them in the washer right after hash products were used or somebody missed the dryer sheet when they took their stuff out of the dryer.  

As for tossing towels, unless they are so bad, they can't be used a grease rag, they never go in the garbage.  I get every last drop of use out of mine.  They generally go from the body, to wheels & tires, the exhaust tips and engines to general mechanics grease rags.   The body ones are the only ones that get the proper wash treatment with the Towel & Pad Revitalizer, the rest go to the side and generally get a bucket and hose taken to them.

I've found if I have too much of a build up of certain products on the paint surface I'll get linting. Detail Spray, Spray Wax, even Americana or Patriot. Do a Strip Wash and Clay the vehicle as Falcaineer mentioned above.

HI!

so... as SLICK  as the paint  looks and feels ...  and it does...

i do realize its  probably due for a strip/clay. for some dumb reason  i didn't even THINK of that affecting those  towels. 

and sure enough, i did the  age  old baggie test last night... not  as bad  as i expected, but def a GRIT all over the car. and the ***-end/tail/bumper... is noticeably coarser  grit... 

so i know what i'll  be doing this weekend! then we'll see!!!!!!  THANKS!!!  :) 

On 8/24/2020 at 4:45 PM, falcaineer said:

That may be your culprit... Keep us posted.

welllllp!!! hahhaa.... I couldn't wait. i left work early, packed up my polisher (cordless, yay!) and got to work. a clean slate. strip wash, iron remover, clay, machine polish, sealant, etc etc. .... (by now you all know the drill)... topped off LAST but not LEAST with Slick and Slide. (ps. the Graphene DS is KILLER!) ... Guys, I'm not kidding. ... ive never felt (on any car) a final finish so smooth and flawless. The mystery still is, though: New micros did NOT lint. Freshly washed ones (air dryed) still did. So, clearly something odd is happening (all of a sudden, all these years later) in my washing process. no clue. But... for now... I'm distracted by how wonderful it came  out. ADAMS = the ONLY CHOICE. The one step polish kinda blew my mind. I was not expecting such ease and such QUICK perfection and satisfaction. CHEEERS 

scattyAUG20.jpg

scattyAUG20B.jpg

On 8/27/2020 at 8:14 AM, vm1971 said:

The mystery still is, though: New micros did NOT lint. Freshly washed ones (air dryed) still did. So, clearly something odd is happening (all of a sudden, all these years later) in my washing process. no clue.

I wish the clay worked, but I think they're just shot. They do have a lifespan, sounds like you reached the end of it 😢

17 hours ago, falcaineer said:

I wish the clay worked, but I think they're just shot. They do have a lifespan, sounds like you reached the end of it 😢

it's ok!!!! the whole shebang was worth it, it needed it.. and i still cant believe the pristine level of the paint. im so happy with this session. best ever. 

as for the towels, all good. as mentioned above -i wont trash them. ill use  for other tasks and dirtier jobs. win/win.  all good. 

thanks kids! ADAMS rocks.