Customer Service 866.965.0400

Under the Hood Detailing

-=Jeff=-

Question

Hi all, been a long while since I posted, but I still use Adams products. I have gotten better at the exterior detailing, my interior is not together long enough to get too deep into that, I keep changing something here or there

Now I want to work on detailing under the hood. So what are some suggestions on equipment and detailing products to use? 

Couple things.. car is a 1990 ZR-1 I would prefer not to spray water on the motor as if my valley drain is plugged my starter will get submerged

need to get the surround plastic and such looking better as well as the underside of the hood

here is a picture. the motor is powder coated so what would be best to use on that as well. 

THANKS

LT5-1024x768.jpg.ee42d0c69bf11b86a6cae14f60b74284.jpg

8 answers to this question

I would use Waterless Wash on all of the powder coated pieces and on all the black plastic & rubber I would use Tire & Rubber Cleaner.

If you have any oil or grease on the painted parts you may have to use APC & you can do that without spraying with water.

Once clean use VRT and In & out Spray especially on all of the black plastic.

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

I would use Waterless Wash on all of the powder coated pieces and on all the black plastic & rubber I would use Tire & Rubber Cleaner.

If you have any oil or grease on the painted parts you may have to use APC & you can do that without spraying with water.

Once clean use VRT and In & out Spray especially on all of the black plastic.

Hope this helps.

yes thanks.. any tools? (Brushes etc. you suggest for those products? 

Interior Detail spray can make the black plastic look amazing.  It doesn't last very long, maybe a couple of weeks for a garage queen, but it looks sharp.   

@Dan@Adamsrecently told me about using Revive Hand Polish on powder coated parts.  I have used it on my truck running boards that I messed up and a few other items I had around the house and it does an outstanding job.  It is one of those product uses that I wish I had of known about years ago.

Here is my hood after a bit of cleaning trying some products I have on hand. The darker black (top) is what I am after and that is VRT, but once it dries a bit is goes back to almost what it was. Will in and out be better for this? Or something else. Working on getting an order together for today so any help appreciated 

022DAB08-4A24-4CB5-A054-8E4707C66EE5.jpeg

28 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

This may require a few treatments of VRT to get look you want.  Sometimes the plastic will dry out, and soak up VRT.  You could also try Black Trim Restorer. 

Makes Sense.. I have some Back to Black  on hand I can try too. I did not know Adams offered a Black Trim restore product