Team Adam's

Question

• Answers 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Smiley-Snoring.gif

:lolsmack: j/k... its so unlike you to get technical AJ. :thumbsup:

Careful, AJ has a bunch of those little guys with bats and doesn't seem afraid to use them.

Careful, AJ has a bunch of those little guys with bats and doesn't seem afraid to use them.

Have you seen the picture of Dylan in his Angles Mexican wrestling mask??? He ready for a bat slinging Junkman :D

224189_203015256403490_100000850509403_495268_4252905_n.jpg

iii AYE AYE AYE AYE !!! Don't make me go all Lucho Libre on you guys! :willy:

LOL... btw Angels fan set a world record on Tuesday night for the largest gathering (20,000+) of people wearing mexican wrestling masks. LOL... it was hilarious. There was a little old lady a few rows over from our seats and she wore the mask even after the record attempt was over LOL!

iii AYE AYE AYE AYE !!! Don't make me go all Lucho Libre on you guys! :willy:

LOL... btw Angels fan set a world record on Tuesday night for the largest gathering (20,000+) of people wearing mexican wrestling masks. LOL... it was hilarious. There was a little old lady a few rows over from our seats and she wore the mask even after the record attempt was over LOL!

When I seen the picture, I was like WTH? Then I seen it on SportsCenter. That was a pretty cool promotion.

When I seen the picture, I was like WTH? Then I seen it on SportsCenter. That was a pretty cool promotion.

Last year they did the largest gathering of people wearing snuggies! :lol:

Apparently its going to be like an every year thing now... but how do you top Mexican Wrestling mask night??

Last year they did the largest gathering of people wearing snuggies! :lol:

Apparently its going to be like an every year thing now... but how do you top Mexican Wrestling mask night??

Maybe hooded Snuggies and the hood doubles as a Mexican wrestling mask? :D Or have Super Hero Night. Everyone dresses as a Super Hero.

Just wait for the next big fad to come out.

Hi all,

Is the a diff between the flat orange pad for Flex and the hex orange pad for PC in term of cutting if using with other brand of polisher?? Thanks

The cutting of the flat and the hex pads should be very similar. You could use the flat pads on the PC, but the hex pads do not work well on the Flex. The Gen 4 'wavy' pads work fine on both machines. Any PC 'type' polisher (dual action, random orbital) will work with these pads.

if i were to wet sand my car with, 1500, 2000, 2500 and 3000, which machine would safely bring out the gloss? I am going to watch the junkman wet sanding videos tonight when i get home from work but though i would ask and gather some more info, Thanks!

if i were to wet sand my car with, 1500, 2000, 2500 and 3000, which machine would safely bring out the gloss? I am going to watch the junkman wet sanding videos tonight when i get home from work but though i would ask and gather some more info, Thanks!

You can remove 3000 grit wetsanding marks with a PC with SHR on an orange pad.

Ok, so if I start at 1500 and work my way to 3000, the pc will buff out the clear? Sorry its not clicking in my head right now I have been awake for to long haha

You are correct sir! After the wet-sanding the clearcoat will look very 'cloudy', and once you have worked up the 3000 grit SHR will make it clear again.

Josh recently posted a write-up of wet-sanding his SRT8 - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/cars/18034.htm.

I hope my first post on this forum isn't going to be a stupid question, but this info seems like it is outdated due to advances in the pad technology, etc. Are there still any advantages in owning a PC and a Flex? From what I have gathered, the Flex isn't necessarily any more "dangerous" than the PC. I am a complete noob, and if I am going to be getting one, I don't want to waste money on a PC only to upgrade to a Flex like everyone seems to be doing. Is either machine capable of getting into tighter areas? (And how DO you get those smaller areas if they dont?) Basically, I just want to get the most bang for my buck and make my life as easy as possible. (Shopping for a machine stemmed from not being able to move after spending all weekend hand polishing my wife's used black truck that looked like it had never been taken care of before, lol)

I also have both .. I will actually use both when detailing. The PC helps in those small areas etc.

But I did see a 4" baking plate for the flex to handle 4" pads. Not sure where though.. would be nice to see if Adams can get a hold of these.

I have both as well. I dedicate my PC to the 4" Focus Pads for the smaller areas that need attention. The Flex handles the rest of the panels with standard pads.

If I was advising someone to purchase one or the other then go for the Flex to handle the bulk of your paint correction needs and add the PC at a later time should you wish.

But I did see a 4" baking plate for the flex to handle 4" pads. Not sure where though.. would be nice to see if Adams can get a hold of these.

The 4" plate that adapts to the Flex actually is itself 4" (doesn't accommodate 4" pads), so it would take 5" pad (if I remember correctly).

The way we looked at it that size savings isn't substantial enough to justify overhauling or adding a 3rd size to the pad line.

I saw the chart, but it seemed out of date since the new pads allow the flex to machine sealant and stuff like that. Now I'm more unsure than I was, lol. I originally thought I might as well just get the "better" one... because I dont think I will ever be able to justify buying 2 different machines with the wife. So if the PC is needed to get smaller areas and it CAN do the same job as the flex (just slower), then maybe thats what I need to go with. (I know the wife will appreciate the difference in price, leaving me more money for Adams supplies!) Thanks guys!

(Oh, one more question on this topic... if I did end up getting the flex, I wouldnt dare use the focus pads that go on a drill for those small areas right? Being a novice and all, and wouldnt it be even more dangerous having a rotary type pad in those small areas next to things that could be easily damaged?)

I love my PC and it is plenty for me. I only have one car I'm currently caring for and it's paint has never been in bad shape.

If I had several cars to correct or cars in bad shape that I needed to correct I would probably get a FLEX but the PC is great for occasional (twice a year) corrections on a garage kept car.

I think it really depends on how much time you will spend w/ the machine.

The 4" plate that adapts to the Flex actually is itself 4" (doesn't accommodate 4" pads), so it would take 5" pad (if I remember correctly).

The way we looked at it that size savings isn't substantial enough to justify overhauling or adding a 3rd size to the pad line.

Understand and agree. not cost affective at all.

Thanks for the explanation Dylan!