Customer Service 866.965.0400

blow drying

dsny1984

Question

20 answers to this question

That is a great idea and works well to get water out from those tough spots like mirrors, gas cap doors, body moulding, etc. I use that method year round....unless I am washing the car real early and don't want to make too much noise. :thumbsup:

I just can't take the funny stares from my neighbors when I do that... :willy: I have to draw the line somewhere. :thumbsup:

My neighbor told me that blow drying the car with a leaf blower barely breaks into the top 5 things they give me funny stares for :willy::willy::willy::willy::willy:

Sure wish they would tell me what the other 4 are :help:

I have a product called a Master Blaster. It was originally desined for drying Motorcycles. This thing puts out heated air at unbelievable speed. Has a nice long hose and lots of attachments. Drys a car fast I then use detail spray and micro.

My neighbor told me that blow drying the car with a leaf blower barely breaks into the top 5 things they give me funny stares for :willy::willy::willy::willy::willy:

Sure wish they would tell me what the other 4 are :help:

I'm curious about those other 4, too. And a little afraid. :lol::lol::lol:

I have been using an air compressor to blow dry my cars for years. I also get strange looks from neighbors as to what and why would you want to spend a Saturday doing this to your car....well....just look at my rides after a blow-dry and detailing with Adams polishes...enough said!! :) Sorry if the pics are too big!!

Swear by Blow Drying the Vette - I use an ECHO BP-651 backpack blower that is stored in my Landscape Trailer - No oil or pebbles as the fan intakes fresh air and dispenses same at +200 mph removing all water from cracks and crevices.

Bob R

The less contact you can make the better so a leaf blower, shop vac, or air compressor is the way to go!...

EXACTLY!

I use a leaf blower that I bought from a tool supply store for less than $40. It's electric and it will blow chunks of the driveway around. The key to using one though is to make sure that the ground and area where you are using it is wet. You don't want to stir up dust and have it settling on the car for you to grind into the paint while using your detail spray.

Highly recommended.