Customer Service 866.965.0400

Taking on the underside!

BRZN

Question

The last two weekends the GTO's wheels, brakes, suspension and undercarriage got some well deserved attention.

Wheels were cleaned with WCW, clay barred w/DS as the lubricant, 4" focus pads were used on my corded drill with the orange pad w/SHR and the White pad w/FMP then Revive Polish was applied where I couldn't get the drill. Took 'em outside and scrubbed the tires with APC, then back inside to be dried. Applied MSW, BG and topped them off with a nice coat of Americana. Tires were treated with VRT fronts backs and treads then placed in the basement for the winter:

IMG_1859resize.jpg

The Brake Calipers were cleaned with APC wiped down with Revive on the appropriate Hex applicator then massaged with a nice thin coat of MSW:

IMG_1897resize.jpg

The Rotors Hats Vents and Fins were touched up with Dupli-Color High Temp Paint where needed.

On to clean the suspension. One pump, about one oz. of APC into a 1/2 gallon of hot water in a one gallon ice cream bucket per corner:

IMG_1899resize.jpg

Now on to don a pair of nitrile gloves and (no it's not a sock puppet) an old worn out gym sock on my right hand to wash and a terry cloth towel in my left to dry. Helps to be ambidextrous:

IMG_1900resize.jpg

I don't remember but I must have hit my head on sharp hard things a couple hundred times and cut myself on the edge of one of the catalytic converters four or five times, but ****:

IMG_1896resize.jpg

IMG_1892resize.jpg

IMG_1893resize.jpg

Resonators and tips were polished with Metal Polish.

All rubber, plastic and vinyl got a nice even coating of the new VRT.

23 answers to this question

Alright Dave, now you've done it. I will have to post up pics of all the lightbulbs in the G8 being lovingly and carefully removed, claybarred, SHR'd, FMP'd, all with my custom-made 1" EXTREMELY Focused pads, and 11 coats of Americana applied to each bulb over a 4 month period. If I'm not out of the garage in 6 months, call the police!

And if you need help with that shifter install, you know how to reach me!

You mean you do not do that already? I prefer the BG* on the bulbs though. It gives a little extra pop? :lolsmack:

(*The author of this post does not make any representations as to the safety of putting BG on you headlight bulbs.)

[quote Rob came over Wednesday and we got the shifter in, no sweat! Thanks for the offer to help though, Bob. I'll save the gathering up of the entire "A-TEAM" for the big jobs :)

Tell me more about this shifter. My '11 Mustang has a pretty short throw. Wonder if this would be worth looking into.

Car Cleaning party? I'm all over that!

You're not looney, at least not yet. Show her this:

IMG_1999resize.jpg

There was a fly stuck in the radiator I couldn't reach while detailing the engine bay. So I removed the bumper cover. Got him and all his little friends with the vacuum:

IMG_2001resize.jpg

Figured while I was in there I'd clean the lower air duct and all the hard piping:

IMG_2002resize.jpg

Just Kidding! :jester: I'm replacing the front corner lights and attempting a fix for a couple broken tabs that attach the bumper cover to the front corners of the body: see the little white pieces on top of the crash bar.

You do know while I was in there I cleaned everything I just talked about though :willy:

Thanks!

Purchased new in May of '07 with 110 miles on her.

Up on Jack Stands right now with 8,324 miles showing.

She's been caught out in rain a few times: made my heart and stomach sink each time.

She looks so much better now than she did when I purchased her. The Service Manager said something once when I took her in for a small warranty claim that she looked better than when she left their lot and did I realize someone was going to have to touch the car to perform the work? :lolsmack:

Rob came over Wednesday and we got the shifter in, no sweat! Thanks for the offer to help though, Bob. I'll save the gathering up of the entire "A-TEAM" for the big jobs :)

Alright Dave, now you've done it. I will have to post up pics of all the lightbulbs in the G8 being lovingly and carefully removed, claybarred, SHR'd, FMP'd, all with my custom-made 1" EXTREMELY Focused pads, and 11 coats of Americana applied to each bulb over a 4 month period. If I'm not out of the garage in 6 months, call the police!

Real Nice Dave!:drool: Looks like your ready for Carlisle!:burnout:

Still have to go over the inside real well.

Nice job. Guess you'll be ready for Spring when it gets here.

Almost' date=' won't be able to detail the inside untill I get this installed:

[img']http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll140/BRZN/Misc%20Pictures/IMG_1839resize.jpg[/img]

Then: :burnout:

Archived