Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish #2 - THE RETURN!

Great job on those wheels, nice to be able to sell more of this again.

Dylan - next time you are back in Colorado also pick me up some of that coffee Adam was drinking, towards the end of the video he was moving! :lolsmack:

Bruce

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you layer these before removing? like how you can apply RP right on top of SHR without removing the residue before.

I did exactly that.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Dylan - next time you are back in Colorado also pick me up some of that coffee Adam was drinking, towards the end of the video he was moving! :lolsmack:

Bruce

+1 -- I've never been a coffee drinker, but if it'll get me through a wheel that quick ... I'll take 2! ;)

Holy cow can't wait to hit my wheels! I hit my Stainless Grill lid yesterday with some decent results! Pics to come in a bit!

Lovin the spot treatment on your wife's wheel....I hope that the sun comes out soon so you can finish!

hahahaha

My guess is that it will be the Daily Special

Sweet! So it will possibly actually be on 'sale' :P I'm definitely in!

It'd be awesome if the special came with bg, mp1, and something else :D

I've never been an early adopter before :)

Not sure I'm understanding what you're asking... you mean the front end surrounds on your car? Those are actually a painted plastic, not metal, so just use the same stuff you'd use to polish the paint elsewhere on the car.

I think he means bar-b-que grill. :D

AH! Well if you're just polishing the outside theres no concern... if you were gonna polish anything where food would actually touch I'd suggest wiping it down with IPA after polishing to get any residue off as it might give it a metallic taste.

Sweet! Looking forward to today's daily deal. Hope it comes in some package too. It's hard keeping my wheels shiny for more than a day.

Quick question though. My camaro's wheels say: 20" Polished Aluminum. The correct way to wash these would be...

1.) APC

2.) MP 1

3.) MP 2

4.) BG?

is that correct? Just want to make sure I have my product lineup ready today!

Thanks guys for the awesome products again! Haven't had a product I hated yet :)

Sweet! Looking forward to today's daily deal. Hope it comes in some package too. It's hard keeping my wheels shiny for more than a day.

Quick question though. My camaro's wheels say: 20" Polished Aluminum. The correct way to wash these would be...

1.) APC

2.) MP 1

3.) MP 2

4.) BG?

Thanks guys for the awesome products again! Haven't had a product I hated yet :)

If they're the factory "Polished Aluminum" wheels then I'm pretty sure they're clear coated, in which case you'd treat them like you would the rest of your paint. If you decide to try the Metal Polish and the applicator doesn't turn black right away then they're definitely clear coated. I suppose you could use APC to clean them but I use the Green Wheel Cleaner. Many people use just Car Shampoo if the wheels aren't that dirty but my G8's brakes like to dust a lot so I always just use the GWC.

1.) APC

2.) MP 1

3.) MP 2

4.) BG?

Have you watched any of the videos multiple people on here have mentioned would be a GREAT idea for you?

If they're the factory "Polished Aluminum" wheels then I'm pretty sure they're clear coated, in which case you'd treat them like you would the rest of your paint. If you decide to try the Metal Polish and the applicator doesn't turn black right away then they're definitely clear coated. I suppose you could use APC to clean them but I use the Green Wheel Cleaner. Many people use just Car Shampoo if the wheels aren't that dirty but my G8's brakes like to dust a lot so I always just use the GWC.

Yikes! Treat the same as paint? I've been using APC followed by BG on it! That's why I was asking :) Just wanted to make sure how I was supposed to treat it.

And yes, I have seen the video on mp 1 and mp 2. I was just hoping I could use the two on it. They look awesome and I want to buy them.

I was hoping for a waterless wash daily special, to try it out, but now I'm looking forward to this too. So many things to buy :/

Here's some quotes by Dylan from this thread: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9642

Like the others the first question I'd need an answer to is are they ACTUAL polished aluminum (billet - aftermarket) or are they the factory GM "polished aluminum" which is actually a painted and clear coated finish (just like the rest of your car) made to resemble polished aluminum.

The fastest way to know - take a small drop of metal polish on a light colored towel. Rub into a spot of your wheel (when they're clean) if you get a lot of black transfer you have raw aluminum... if you don't get any black transfer you're dealing with something else.

EDIT: If you're wheels look like this they're clear coated.

sucp_0907_05_z+2010_camaro_ss+front_aluminum_wheel.jpg

You'll pretty much just treat those wheels like you do the rest of the paint on your car. Polish and wax them... polish as needed and wax/seal as often as you can as it will break down quickly due to the heat and exposure on the wheels.

Keeping them protected will also make them much easier to clean. The factory camaro brakes are DUSTY!! The more you can do to make cleanup easy the better off you are.

The BG should be fine to help them shine but the APC may be a little harsh to use every time. If you were to wax them to protect them, the APC would probably strip that wax right back off.