Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish #2 - THE RETURN!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan,

In the past I compared #2 the pink to other products that I was using and it didn't seem to leave scratches like other products. Because the polished aluminum on my 32 is in such good shape (hard work keeping it that way) I have never really used #1 on the 32. I am worried that the combination will be a little more aggressive than I want. How would you think it stacks up to just using #2? Adam knows that I spent a lot of time comparing and I still like to have my valve covers and other aluminum without the fine scratches if possible.

Thanks

Tom

Dylan,

In the past I compared #2 the pink to other products that I was using and it didn't seem to leave scratches like other products. Because the polished aluminum on my 32 is in such good shape (hard work keeping it that way) I have never really used #1 on the 32. I am worried that the combination will be a little more aggressive than I want. How would you think it stacks up to just using #2? Adam knows that I spent a lot of time comparing and I still like to have my valve covers and other aluminum without the fine scratches if possible.

Thanks

Tom

If you don't need correction and only want more gloss, then #2 used alone is the way to go.

Will these be covered int vol7 dvd?

Also will #2 act as a sealer or?

can i haz samples LOL :P

In order:

No. Videos were shot before new formula was final.

No. Its a polish, not a protectant.

No. :D

so if we currently have a bottle that just says Metal Polish... can we use that as #1 and just get a bottle of #2???

Yes... Metal 1 has not changed... the only thing different is #2.

so I only have MP1. apparently it is the more aggressive of the two? I drive a 2007 infiniti and the chrome is by no means tarnished, does this mean I would want to only use MP2 on it? I tried MP1 a week ago and it wasnt really seeming to do anything except bleach my black trim i accidentally got it on

Is there a chance this stuff could be shipping before the 12th of march? I have a gathering then and I've been working on getting my engine bay all shined up but #1 is only getting me about 95% there, I hope #2 could get me the extra 5%. I was thinking of pulling all my parts and just repolishing next weekend with the buffer and compounds but I'd like to avoid blowing a weekend in my basement. lol

Is there a chance this stuff could be shipping before the 12th of march? I have a gathering then and I've been working on getting my engine bay all shined up but #1 is only getting me about 95% there, I hope #2 could get me the extra 5%. I was thinking of pulling all my parts and just repolishing next weekend with the buffer and compounds but I'd like to avoid blowing a weekend in my basement. lol

Jason post up some pics of your work when done!:thumbsup:

so I only have MP1. apparently it is the more aggressive of the two? I drive a 2007 infiniti and the chrome is by no means tarnished, does this mean I would want to only use MP2 on it? I tried MP1 a week ago and it wasnt really seeming to do anything except bleach my black trim i accidentally got it on

What are you polishing thats 'real' chrome on an infinity near trim? Most window and door trim on modern cars isn't real chrome, its painted plastic.

What are you polishing thats 'real' chrome on an infiniti near trim? Most window and door trim on modern cars isn't real chrome, its painted plastic.

i guess that is my problem, i didnt realize that.

i guess my trim and grill are painted plastic and my wheels are clear coated aluminum..

i need something to use my MP on ha

LOL... don't sweat it. Common mistake... chrome is expensive and time consuming to put onto production vehicles so now a days a lot of manufactures use that sprayed faux chrome. Not saying yours definitely is, but theres a good chance its painted plastic. Give your paint polishing products a shot and see what kind of results you get.

Jason post up some pics of your work when done!:thumbsup:

Oh I will, it should be a pretty miraculous turn around because it's been over a year since I've touched my engine bay. At one time it was all shiny and polished but I got so busy with life I quit going to meets and stuff so I didn't bother with the engine bay, but some of my old crew wants to get together in a few weeks so it's time to get it back to it's former glory.

This is great to hear. Just curious though, can metal polish be applied by machine such as a porter cable? I was searching on the forums and couldnt find an answer. Figured that if we polish paint by machine, there has to be something for metal by machine as well.