Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish #2 - THE RETURN!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally getting a chance to post up my opinion on the new Metal Polish #2

I want to thank Dylan @ Adams for sending me out a sample.

First thing I noticed is that it definately smells different than the old #2. The old #2 smelled a little like paint thinner. The new stuff smells like BG. The new #2 breaks down easier and polishes quicker. Turns black much sooner than the old #2. Leaves a nice shine and coating on the metal just like the old #2. It does take more effort to polish it off the metal. Old #2 seemed to wipe off a little easier. It also seems to be ever so slightly more abrasive. This is being really really picky.

5494899539_b8aed023e3_b.jpg

5495491660_eae20ec61d_b.jpg

5495491762_05351b03e1_b.jpg

5495491710_78c8f54d89_b.jpg

Edited by thedak

Hmm... So here's a shot of my wifes wheels on her 2008 Enclave. They're factory chrome and have over 98,000 miles on them.

Winter has killed them this year, but Adams to the rescue!

It was 45º out and I was in shorts so I did only a small area of the wheel to show you the results. I wish I had some billet, but everything I own is clear coated. These shots are without any wax or sealant.

I spent roughly 3 minutes on this using the products you see in front of you, as well as an Adams premium blue MF towel to buff it off.

Overall, I love the results. I used both steps and couldn't be happier. Buy this with confidence guys! I wish I could have had more time to play.

Come spring, I've got some MAJOR work to do on all four of them. Ugh...:help:

Bottom picture should be first but didn't load right.

Chris

Edited by Chewy

I have a little left of #1 & #2. Was wandering why you got rid of #2 a while back.

Hey Mick, you understand now right? VOC laws and such!

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Adam and I did our final run thru with the product this week while I was in Colorado. What better test vehicle than the Bronco... check out the pics and videos for a great example of what this stuff can do!! Metal Polish 2 goes on sale Monday :cool:

BEFORE:

0998582c.jpg

AFTER:

c2115a56.jpg

BEFORE:

8fa3b1df.jpg

AFTER:

79d20e69.jpg

Sorry for the less than stellar audio, we shot this on the fly just to have something to show you guys the process. Enjoy!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rydOUI0xHD8?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I would imagine they are.. I'll have to look in the daylight.. if they are I assume I cant use this?

Correct, if they are clear coated you would treat them the same way you treat your paint. Polish and wax :thumbsup:

Nick,

easiest way to tell if they're clear coated or not: take a drop of metal polish (ours or any other) on a clean towel and gently rub in a small area. If you get a black residue you have raw aluminum, if you don't they are clear coated.

I'd suspect those are coated simply b/c of the fact they have painted accents, but you never know.