Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Containers

Couldn't wait, ordered a new tub. BTW, I just remelted the Americana chunks down into a smooth surface. Cooling now. :D

And forget using a microwave, that didn't get it done. Ended up using a hot water bath...

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gone & Forgotten

SWEET! My jar is almost gone after 2.5 years - I was gonna use it for a popcorn bowl but now that it's worth 25 bones toward a new jar---- I'm spending my kids college money. She's gonna drop outta school anyway and I only have like $37 saved up anyway.

SWEET! My jar is almost gone after 2.5 years - I was gonna use it for a popcorn bowl but now that it's worth 25 bones toward a new jar---- I'm spending my kids college money. She's gonna drop outta school anyway and I only have like $37 saved up anyway.

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I was going to say put a little Vaseline in threads but you the issue it shrinking, I don't own any Americana yet. But that's always helped me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do yourself a favor and get some!

• 6 months later...
Friends, I am terribly sorry to read that many of you are having difficulties with our Americana Jar!!

We are now developing a new jar, and it will not warp, and will be consistently easy to open.....

Stay tuned, and mid-summer it will be released. In the mean time, use up the old Americana, and all who have purchased a tub in the past will get a $25 credit towards the new tub, fair?

:thumbsup:

I'm bumping an old thread here to see if this ever happened. Did the Americana get a new container last summer?

I keep mine in the frig in the garage. Problem solved.

I keep mine in the fridge and it is still a PAIN to open and to close! It is the only real compliant I've ever had with anything from Adam's that hasn't been resolved. I love the wax, but the container could almost make me curse.....whoops, change that, IT HAS MADE ME CURSE! (and worst)! It is such a pain to get open and close that I used Buttery Wax the last time I waxed my car just because I didn't feel like hassling with the darn Americana container!

They had to have changed it. Everyone that is talking about trouble has been on here much longer than I have. I got my Americana in December, keep it in the fridge, take it out on really hot days, and never have a problem. For those of you having trouble, how long have you had your Americana?

:iagree: Both my standard and mini Americana's are in the fridge all the time. When it's time to use them I let them sit on the counter at room temperature until it's time to apply. I've also had them immediately from the fridge to the heat with no issues removing the lid. Both mine were purchased in January (standard) and May (mini).

I've never stored it in the refrigerator, but you shouldn't have to. I've kept it in the basement since I got it, where it's cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Pretty much about 70-75°F year-round. The wax is still fine, other than being split in two due to the warped container, but other than that it still functions normally and I have no complaints about it's performance. The jar however is anything but normal. Both the top and bottom of the container have bowed out so that it won't sit flat. The edges of the container are almost a 1/4" off the shelf now. In the picture you can see this. You shouldn't be able to see the reflection of the bottom of the container.

DSC_3665.jpg

For a $70 jar of wax, this shouldn't be considered acceptable. I don't want a new tub of wax, I just want a new container.

Friends, I apologize for this hassle with the Americana jars!

Those jars of Americana that warped were indeed noted, and we corrected with a few things. One, we realized the applicator needs NOT to be stored inside the tub. (We found the cause to be the expanding applicator inside, when the jar gets hot, warped the jar.)

Two, we fill the wax jar at a lower temperature now. Three, we changed the lid about a year ago, to one that is easier to open.

If you have a dead jar of Paste, which is difficult to open, please send it to us:

Adam's Polishes

ATTN: RETURNS

587 S. Taylor Avenue

Louisville, CO 80027.

Pop a copy of your receipt in the box, or your email address, mailing address, and phone number.

We will make it right!

Thanks very much for your patience with our learning curve on this product packaging.

We are human, 100%, and certainly, adjust our product line as we learn of defects, storage notes, etc.

-Adam :thumbsup: