Customer Service 866.965.0400

is this what you call detailing?!?!?!

Justin@SwanCreek

Come-on... That's NOTHING people... I tried to take a photo of it, but my 300mm lens was up stairs and I didn't have time to grab it, so the photo's came out like poo.

So I look out and up the street and I see our "token weird neighbor" and his wife pulling the hose out. It's 37ºF mind you. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I've never seen him wash his car in the best of weather, let alone 37ºF. So he hooks it up, turns it on and starts spraying the car down. I then watch as he grabs his ICE SCRAPER and uses the brush on it to clean inside his wheel wells and then around his wheels and down the side of the car, then continuing onto the rear bumper... NO SOAP!!! Just the brush and what ever water was left on the car from "rinsing" it.

I tried to get a photo... I really did...

Oh and this is the same guy I saw shoveling the snow off his car this past winter.

Chris

That is AWESOME! I would pay to see that. :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's scary is that 80-90 percent of consumers think that most of this is perfectly fine!!!!:help:

Which would be why most cars you see that are more than a few years old look like they've been "cleaned" repeatedly with sandpaper! :willy:

And yeah, few people I know personally understand my obsession with clean. At least until they gawk at the photos. :thumbsup:

Wow... those poor cars....

I have to admit though, a year ago I would have been at autozone buying products to clean my car too. Glad I have been learning the proper ways and items to use.

And the guy cleaning the Bentley, I wouldn't let him clean my dirt bike let alone a Bentley!

Guilty of the autozone products here too :o. Microfiber wash mitt, drying towels (from china w tags) are now at the back of my cabinet in favor of Adam's products

Guilty of the autozone products here too :o. Microfiber wash mitt, drying towels (from china w tags) are now at the back of my cabinet in favor of Adam's products

I think most of us have had the same issue. We only learn what we're taught. We think we know what's right until someone (in this case Adams) proves us or tells us we're wrong.

Why do you still have them? lol I tossed all my stuff a few years ago.

Chris

Its not so much the products as it is the process... you could give these baboons an entire collection of our stuff, but if they're gonna use the same horrible process then the results are still gonna be crap.

Which is kind of what he says in the video. Something along the lines of "The most expensive products won't do you any good if you don't know how to use them". Not that he did, know how to use them that is.

The video with Bentley guy has the feeling of a video they show to all car dealership detail shop employees. People who detail like that clearly only care about getting the dirt off the car at all cost and care zero about how the car looks.

Yeah, the Bentley videos... *shudder*

The OP's videos, for an Autozone-sourced wash, weren't terrible. They're definitely an enormous improvement over your average consumer's dishrag, Dawn, and mop bucket.

... except for the "10-minute polish". Ten minutes? For the entire car? That's not a polish! Heck, that's more like a tickle!

EDIT: And I just got to start watching Dylan's posted videos with audio. Cleaning experts for twenty five years? So many cars ruined... *crawls into corner and sobs*

"we're not using professional products; this is all stuff you can use at home!"

I was under the impression that if I used "professional" products, I would have to go somewhere else to wash my car!

And no, I was not wondering right about now what's under your hood. I was instead wondering why you would do that to your headlights!!!! :willy:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

"I wash with what I call the 'two bucket system'..."

What a d'bag. I'd like to offer to pay to mail him the latest Adam's DVD when it becomes available.

"Right about now you're probably wondering what's underneath the hood of this car..."

Nope, I'm wondering why you put so much time, money and passion into making something 'fast', 'custom' but don't bother to take the time to research how to properly maintain the finishes of the vehicle.

Driver's airbag must have been previously deployed, hence the aftermarket steering wheel.

LAWL! "next to clean the glass, it's not rocket science... it's cleaning glass" (then he immediately sprays the dash with the auto care equivalent of vegetable oil and rubs it all in). I'm sure none of the overspray from the shellacking the dash just got ended up on the interior of the windshield.

"...so that's why we're here to help you guys know how to do it right" - "I love these wheels so much I have to take them off to clean them with Tire Magic Titanium Wheel Cleaner".

Wow.

"the whole car getting polished shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes"

Dude... you see the post I just made about the truck I just bought? Polishing one door will take 10 minutes.

Do we always polish before we focus on swirls? Where was that professional when he was dragging his famous two-bucket-system wash pad from the rocker panel to the top of the quarter panel?.

Dude... I'll stop, sorry all.

I'm no expert either, but I'm not putting videos up there telling people how to properly care for their car. Someone needs to sell him a bucket and caddy so he can roll his bag A around the car.

Junkman, this dbag has rekindled my appreciation for you, my friend.

LMAO he seems to have a few steps down but messes it all up...

Part One:

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UaliWjVKwnA?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Part Two:

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L_SSci7nMPg?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Is this guy, by chance, Chumlee's cousin from "Pawn Stars?"

Just asking...

Is this guy, by chance, Chumlee's cousin from "Pawn Stars?"

Just asking...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lolsmack:

The OP's video guy "Meant Well"......:help::loser:

Now on to Dylan's video.....O.M.G. i have zero words for such destruction to everyones cars/paint:jawdrop: that guys should be :banned: from ever touching a bucket and wash mit.

I'm sure everyone [pretty much] on these boards started this way too.... but very, very few would have the "cojones" to admit it.

I'l raise my hand.

Those clips are gut-wrenching.

I'm sure everyone [pretty much] on these boards started this way too.... but very, very few would have the "cojones" to admit it.

I'll admit it - that's why that first detail takes so long. Undoing all that damage takes a long time!

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L_SSci7nMPg?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Does anyone else see @ the 7:20min. mark,when the guy with the Flex pull's up his yellow pad.It has red on it? :help:

That red 98' Corvette should NOT have single stage paint.The Vette's owner mention's it's GM paint in the 1st vid.

I'll admit it - that's why that first detail takes so long. Undoing all that damage takes a long time!

So true!

I died the first time I detailed my Commodore SS back home many years ago when I switched over to my first top-end Megs gear.

The bug has hung around since.

Does anyone else see @ the 7:20min. mark,when the guy with the Flex pull's up his yellow pad.It has red on it? :help:

That red 98' Corvette should NOT have single stage paint.The Vette's owner mention's it's GM paint in the 1st vid.

:help::willy::willy::willy::help:

LMAO he seems to have a few steps down but messes it all up...

Part One:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UaliWjVKwnA?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

Did anyone notice that he claims to use the 2 bucket wash. Yet at about 6:08 in the first video, he takes his mitt and tosses it into his clean bucket. Picks it right up and continues washing. So much for 2 bucket wash.

It never showed him applying the compound. Maybe it was in the red/orange family and gave the pad that appearance?

I'm kind of surprised by the responses here. The guy doesn't know any better. He's ignorant, but not stupid. He takes pride in his car just like all of us. He just doesn't realize he's not doing it the right way.

I'm pretty sure we've all been there. No reason to look down your nose at him.

Archived