Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lint on MSW- Junkman / Dylan or Adam ?

gymrat7953

Question

Guys,

My ride got some over spray on it.... hood - roof and deck lid ; the rest of the car seems ok. I clayed - FMP then 1 coat of MSW. I wiped off the MSW after 30 minutes cure time. Upon final inspection I noticed some lint in various places. MSW is curing at present - besides I just got finished and its almost 10:30 PM - so I'm done for the night ( unless there is something I need to do now to fix the problem). Tomorrow I'm planning a detail spray wipe down and then then final coat of MSW. My question.... if the lint is there after my detail spray wipe down what course of action do I take? Is the lint sealed in the MSW? I'm sure that I'm not the first person this has happened to? !st action taken is taking the dbl soft towels I used out of service ASAP.

Thanks,

Terry

Okay, I'm still trying to put my finger on my towel linting problem that boiling seemed to take care of, it still may help you. I've got a front load HE machine and was using Woolite that was not HE specific and think the soap wasn't completely rinsing out.

Like others have mentioned I too am using the WW towels much more, with the DS, since they don't have the same weave or linting problems.

I bet you are using way to much soap. Woolite is not like regular detergent. It is extremely concentrated and when they say use 1 or 2 cap fulls, they mean it. I can get a years worth of washing out of 1 bottle of Woolite. You're probably right, the towels still contained soap in them.

Soap with "bleach alternative" might be the culprit. I ONLY use allergen free clear laundry soap with NO perfumes, additives or dyes and then I wash on gentle cycle and warm water and low heat tumble dryer. I've never had problems with lint on even cheap Chinese micro's which are now reserved for the engine compartment. I'd take Dylan up on his offer and send them one of your towels to check out.

MJ - you're preaching to the choir; I use Woolite-allergen free clear laundry soap with NO perfumes, additives or dyes and wash as you - I tumble on air then hang dry.

He was talking to the Camaro guy who said he uses Tide with Bleach alternative.

I've never used the MF single or double soft with DS....just polish/wax as AJ already mentioned.

Okay, I'm still trying to put my finger on my towel linting problem that boiling seemed to take care of, it still may help you. I've got a front load HE machine and was using Woolite that was not HE specific and think the soap wasn't completely rinsing out.

Like others have mentioned I too am using the WW towels much more, with the DS, since they don't have the same weave or linting problems.

You should never have to just "live with" a problem like that... take advantage of our 110% guarantee. It sounds like you have a bad towel IMO and if thats the case we'll replace it free of charge or refund 110% of your purchase price.

Its there for a reason... USE IT!! :2thumbs:

I appreciate that Dylan and I have used that guarantee to replace the first two double softs I purchased that started linting...then the replacements started linting too and I just dont feel comfortable abusing that priviledge because every Adam's product I use is awesome so it must be something I am doing wrong.

I wash warm on delicate cycle with a very small amount of tide liquid detergent (with bleach alternative) with an extra rinse and spin...then snap them fresh before putting them in a lint free cool dryer on low heat with no dryer sheet to tumble dry...then snap them again and they look brand new and feel softer than ever.

And then they work excellent for polish or glaze removal but as soon as I use them to remove DS, they leave lint all over the finish. The lint is then adhered to the paint as it dries and I then wait for it to completely dry then gently wipe/swipe the lint off with a dry MF towel. That way I can then apply BG or Americana without trapping the lint underneath. Keep in mind we are talking about a freshly clayed and polished car.

It is a PITA but I have tried washing them like Adams recommends, washing them like Junkman recommends and not washing them at all with still no luck. I plan on trying the single softs to see if I have better luck with them as soon as I have a legitimate excuse to make another order. Until then please feel free to offer up any suggestions!

Thanks AJ, I quit using the Woolite altogether since it's not an HE specific laundry detergent and have gone to Tide Free HE and don't seem to have the linting problem any more.

Mine aren't the towel Adam, it happens to me with the Adam's as well as another companies towels. My problem surfaced after we bought the front load HE machine, so I really think it's the lesser amount of water used in the machine vs. the detergent I was using. I also pre-treat spots with APC so I'm adding even more soap, but I want to get the towels clean.

What color are the towels, and can you please post a photo? We have had batches that came through, which were sub-par.

Blue? White? Double Plush? :thumbsup:

In my case, the towels are the white double plush polishing towels and I will post pictures tonight after work.

For your reference the towels were ordered on 11/22/10...

good deal, nothing is more frustrating than fully detailing your car and while your doing the final DS wipedown, lint gets all over the finish :willy:

You should never have to just "live with" a problem like that... take advantage of our 110% guarantee. It sounds like you have a bad towel IMO and if thats the case we'll replace it free of charge or refund 110% of your purchase price.

Its there for a reason... USE IT!! :2thumbs:

Archived