Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Undercarriage Spray ....

Grubrunner

Question

What's the deal with this product....

Is it a detailing spray shine [type] product or something else?

Does it have adhesive qualities that make it better as far as "sticking" to wheel wells, trims and the like?

What about its adhesive qualities as far as dirt/grime/dust sticking to it?

What is the finish like...matte, glossy, in between?

What's the longevity of the applied area like?

How does it hold up to heat [engine compartment dressing]?

And, most importantly to me....

How does it differ from the I&OS or even the S-VRT diluted with some water in a spray bottle, applied [sprayed] onto the area, run a towel or sponge applicator to it to achieve the same [similar] results?

Any further opinions would be appreciative.

22 answers to this question

:lolsmack:

You don't have to stick you head in the wheel well to tell. The whole garage has a pleasent grape smell.

Now let me ask you this. If given a choice to work with 2 different products of equal ability. One has a wonderful smell and the other doesn't, you'd pick the one that doesn't?

I spend hours detailing my cars. I'm choosing the one that smells good. :cheers:

After applying UCS, I drove to my daughters house about 10 miles, her neighbors were out and said what is that good smell, my daughter told them that it was my truck's cologne!:drool:

glad i saw this thread. i was just about to ask the same question. i suppose the only way to truly know is to have all 3 and test em out!'

ill be adding some UCS and In and Out to my next order in addition to metal polish 1 AND 2

I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said, other than...

SINCE THERE IS A 15% OFF SALE, GET YOU A GALLON AND TRY IT OUT!

Chris

Besides, nothing annoys me more than to see a freshly cleaned vehicle, and then see the wheel wells and how they look like they didn't even get washed.

I'm sure it does.

But I don't remember the last time anyone shoved their head inside my wheel-well and commented on how great it smells.

I'm sure the smell is a great product addition for those show vehicles parked indoors at a car show or the like, but for the everyday person [like me], the smell factor has no significance whatsoever.

Now if we were speaking of the interior, that's a different animal.....

Adam uses fragrances in his products, much like good steak restaurants display 16 oz. Porterhouses in a display case as you walk in the door (Junkman are you reading this?). Once you use one of his products and smell it, it becomes part of your menu so to speak. I can't wait to wash my car and spray it with his Detail Spray....you don't think it is a big thing till you use it one time, get hooked on it or addicted to it. If I haven't washed my car in a week, I get the shakes.:bow:

The deal is Undercarriage Spray is a great product for its intended use, the undercarriage! Your car is not detailed properly unless your wheel wells are black, this Undercarriage Spray is the real deal! In & Out Spray & SVRT is what you want to use in & around your engine compartment.:thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly. UCS adds a great touch to the wheel wells since you've probably spent the better part of the day busting your tail detailing your vehicle. On the couple of jobs I did for friends and family seeing the wheel wells looking new and clean really impressed them. Not to mention the next time you go to clean your vehicle it will be easier to deal with the wells.

It smells like grape Kool-Aid. All the neighborhood kids come to my garage to get grape Kool-Aid and are always disappointed. They can't imagine something used on the car smells so good.

After applying UCS, I drove to my daughters house about 10 miles, her neighbors were out and said what is that good smell, my daughter told them that it was my truck's cologne!:drool:

This is what I'm talking about! :rockon:

It's the whole ADAMS experiance... Nothing like it.

:patriot:

I'm sure it does.

But I don't remember the last time anyone shoved their head inside my wheel-well and commented on how great it smells.

I'm sure the smell is a great product addition for those show vehicles parked indoors at a car show or the like, but for the everyday person [like me], the smell factor has no significance whatsoever.

It smells like grape Kool-Aid. All the neighborhood kids come to my garage to get grape Kool-Aid and are always disappointed. They can't imagine something used on the car smells so good.

I'm sure it does.

:lolsmack:

You don't have to stick you head in the wheel well to tell. The whole garage has a pleasent grape smell.

Now let me ask you this. If given a choice to work with 2 different products of equal ability. One has a wonderful smell and the other doesn't, you'd pick the one that doesn't?

I spend hours detailing my cars. I'm choosing the one that smells good. :cheers:

How does it differ from the I&OS or even the S-VRT diluted with some water in a spray bottle, applied [sprayed] onto the area, run a towel or sponge applicator to it to achieve the same [similar] results?

The deal is Undercarriage Spray is a great product for its intended use, the undercarriage! Your car is not detailed properly unless your wheel wells are black, this Undercarriage Spray is the real deal! In & Out Spray & SVRT is what you want to use in & around your engine compartment.:thumbsup:

To put it simply, it will turn the most abused and faded plastic on your vehicle black again. The wheel wells are the first thing that fades to that ugly gray/white color plastic gets from exposure. It will last longer than the other products in the wheel wells too, it is just a great way to finish off a "complete" detail.

And it smells GREAT!

I'm sure it does.

What's the deal with this product....

Is it a detailing spray shine [type] product or something else? NO!

Does it have adhesive qualities that make it better as far as "sticking" to wheel wells, trims and the like? NO! Think of it as a very thin oil that smells AMAZING!

What about its adhesive qualities as far as dirt/grime/dust sticking to it? It helps

What is the finish like...matte, glossy, in between? Depends on what it's sprayed on, but wheel wells usually end up in between.

What's the longevity of the applied area like? Too many variables to lock in a time, but a couple of washes

How does it hold up to heat [engine compartment dressing]? It's not highly recommended as I believe Adam has said it's slightly flameable

And, most importantly to me....

How does it differ from the I&OS or even the S-VRT diluted with some water in a spray bottle, applied [sprayed] onto the area, run a towel or sponge applicator to it to achieve the same [similar] results? It smells better, but IMO it's MUCH cheaper and easier to apply.

See above in red...

Price is the big kicker here... SVRT and I&O are expensive by comparison. If it was a show only vehicle, I'd use SVRT, but since I don't have any of those, it's UCS for me. :thumbsup:

I asked the exact same question a week or so ago. It was explained that it is a less costly option than using VRT or In and Out Spray. It goes on wet dries in 10-15 minutes and keeps the wheel wells looking better longer. I bought some to try and it's been to **** cold to do anything here in Michigan, but I'm anxious to try it.

Also check out the new Adam's video VII on this forum. Ashley does a great job explaining what it does on a super cool black vette.;)

If Adam told you, he would have to kill you!!

Fred ask the same questions, and I haven't seen him in 6 months!!!:jester:

Good questions and I would like to see the "special" stuff that goes into it as well!!!

Archived