Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Woke up to more rain again this weekend. My cleaning OCD kicked in and I went to town on the house doing the counters, floors, windows, etc. Finally caught a break in the weather and did some lawn work then headed to a BBQ at my wife's bosses house. Came home at 6:00 and washed the Subbie and SS up before taking the dogs for a nice long evening walk.

I cut down two 70ft trees today. Both fell where I wanted and clean up was fast!

I should say one was redneck style!

I didn't want to hit the garage or the kids swing set so I put a ladder against the tree and went up 15 ft and cut the tree 1/2 way through and then tried to pull down the top half of the tree down with the Ram and I guess I pulled too hard! I pulled the whole tree down!!! Fell in the right spot so...:thumbsup::lol:

I bid on a set of pool steps off eBay and the seller just dropped them off at my work..

they're not exactly what I was hoping for, but I may be able to rig it.. just gotta figure out how to get them home lmao, I hope they fit in the Wife's Edge and I'll swap cars with her tomorrow or something..

I bid on a set of pool steps off eBay and the seller just dropped them off at my work..

they're not exactly what I was hoping for, but I may be able to rig it.. just gotta figure out how to get them home lmao, I hope they fit in the Wife's Edge and I'll swap cars with her tomorrow or something..

Are they so you can get into the basement? :jester:

Enjoying my day off, Monday's are my Sunday's......

Today's project involves replacing the OEM suspension on my 2006 Denali that has finally quit.

I am going to give it a try, it seems pretty simple...replace all four corners with new OEM shocks that are "Dampning" ride controlled and the rear which are air ride and a new compressor.

The local "Stealer" was asking $2500 parts and labor for the rear shocks and compressor....Parts only for all shocks and compressor are $3,050 plus the labor.

So on the C6 Corvetteforum I hooked up with the Partstaxi.com that delivered all these OEM parts to my doorstep plus freight for only $1,700....thats almost half of what the local dealer was asking..

Dealer is asking $560 for the labor to install all the parts but from what I have read its seems pretty easy....

Any thoughts or suggestions....do it myself or send it to the "Stealer"...

I went fishing at lunch time again. That sun was hot and the fishing wasn't. I can't wait for school to start. Friday's fishing was moved to a different section of the river to get away from the teen idiot with a dirt bike in the river. Yep, you read that right...

Tomorrow is a vacation day so after the dental appointment I'm coming home to give the G8 a much needed bath...and wax...and vacuuming...leather conditioning...he!! how about a full detail.

Zen, I see you:hi:

Today after my trip to the dentist I got to work on the G8. Quick wash followed by clay bar then Americana. The interior will get done in the AM, it was too d@#$%^ hot in that garage today, up around 104* and that's above where I usually draw the line. I just made several trips into the laundry room and stood over the AC vent until I got chilled then went back out. I finally got to use the Rolling Detail Seat and me likey! I used it to hold the wash bucket so I didn't have to bend over as much. Right now my back is okey dokey instead of the usual stiff and slightly sore that it would usually be. :banana: I also like the storage underneath, no more back and forth for more towels, detail spray or whatever. Bucket dolly is the next purchase (subtle hint to the weekly special wizard.) :xfingers:

IMAG1006.jpg

This looked so much better in person, darn (not so) smart phone camera.:mad: But hey that's about all that is working correctly on that POS phone.

BTW: No SVRT on the tires, I told you it was too hot, it'll get done in the AM.

Looks great Paul, I swear I've seen that same type of car somewhere before. :D

So you finally got the seat away from your daughters long enough to use it for yourself?

This job was yesterday, i wish i could have gotten more pictures but these are what i did get. I wish this looked as involved as it was, on the surface it looks easy but man was this a hell of a job. this house has had many many additions so when you think your home free with a wire pull there was something else in the way that we had to fish around

I was at my last whit before i was going to tell customer that we had to cut holes/patch when i tried one last time and did the last pull out of pure luck.

Samsung 60" The sound bar below the samsung TV is custom bilt to the exact fit/form of the TV so it looks like it came from the factory. The speakers are built by a few guys in Anne Arbor Michigan, takes them about 3 weeks from design to shipped to the office. house gets closed up in a few weeks to go off to another one of their houses for the winter.

two access holes were covered by a plywood spacer board trimed out on the edges and painted satin black to accommodate the depth of the sound-bar. Customer was ADAMIT about the height of the TV

ab175bca.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

de11f0cd.jpg

f050ce64.jpg

And this is for the hall of shame thread. There were rear speakers in place from a previous system that got ripped out, there pass threw's were lightswitch cover literarily glued to the wall.

It would have just been easier for them to do a low voltage ring and screw it in, the hole they cut was 5/8" too small so i had to take my fein tool for the cabinetry and then enlarged the other side in drywall..

BTW: this is from the largest and biggest firms in the Philly market, also nationally known, notice lamp cord as speaker wire?

521e9982.jpg

:cheers:

GoodMorning-19.gif

Looks like you did a great job Brendon!:thumbsup:

Today I woke up and I thought to myself-"self, do you really feel like going to work today?" :lolsmack:

Yeah, I am sitting at work. The angel part of me said "get your butt moving." :D

Somedays I really hate that angelic part of me. She wins alot. angel.gif

Oh, I also cleaned off some bird crap off my rear quarter of my Camaro before I left for work. Stupid birds.