Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Took a ride down to Reading PA (yes, the Monopoly Reading). They had a big event renaming their minor leagur baseball team from the Reading Phillies (AA affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies) to the Reading Fightin' Phils. Not a big deal, but any time I can get to a baseball park for any reason... I'm going. Plus, i did get a free hot dog out of the deal.

Went to the mecum muscle car show a met Dylan..

u2ynybut.jpg

syzeny5e.jpg

That beard is radical..

"ya know the favorite saying around here "play stupid games win stupid prizes"? once someone does something, they have a whole lot of personal responsibility they need to eat. sometimes its lead flavored with a thin copper shell."

I went and looked at some vehicles at the local VW & Toyota lots in full sunshine. The 'detailers' either went to the same school of hackery or it's the same dude for both places. The blaaaaack 2012 SportWagen I'm interested in is a swirled up hell mess. I may make them a super low ball offer on it since it'll take me the better part of a weekend to fix it. Over at Toyotaland the 2012 Camry Hybrid I test drove on a cloudy day last week shows passenger side buffer trails up and down and side to side on all panels. I guess someone was paying attention when the term "crosshatch" was taught. Forgive me for no pics but I left the notso Shmartfone at home.

Before I went home I took Mama's TBSS to the no touch car wash place. I wept a little inside as I watched somdood with a new dark blue Jeep Grand Cherokee use the tire n wheel brush abrade his new finish. :( I then had my turn and only used the high pressure wash to remove the tar my lovely wife always seems to find. On my way out Jeep guy gave me a funny look since I wasn't stopping and using old bath towels to wipe her down. (Sorry, but I wasn't in a teaching mood this AM, hadn't had any coffee yet. No coffee = Growly Gus)

Once home Mama's TBSS got a bath, a coat of Americana and SVRT on trim and tires. I put an Adam's DVD and a note in the owner's manual pouch in the G8's glove box. If I change vehicles at least the next owner will know how and why a 4 year old vehicle looks better than new.

Edited by sportredmistress

Chris, How do you manage to keep your personal vehicle from getting filthy on the ride home. I'am sure that coal dust can be nasty to clean up. Whether it be in your vehicle or clothes.

On a side note, I woke up to another week of much needed vacation. Just going to be hanging out doing whatever I want. Other than a couple of Doc appointments. Updated my Photoshop to CS6 on the Mac Platform and Lightroom to Lightroom 4 on the Mac Platform as well. More than likely will be upgrading the home computer to a new IMac. Apple - iMac According to Apple the version I want won't be out till December. And rumors have it pushed back even further. May just have to wait and see.

Sat and contemplated if I should sell my car or not .

Don't do it...if you like your car you will regret it in a few years. Either get a "beater" to save your car, or wait until you can afford another...been there, done that...here's a few that I wish I would not have traded: 1969 Mach 1 w/390, 1969 442, 1968 Shelby GT-350...no need to go on...I still beat myself up for not keeping those!

Chris, How do you manage to keep your personal vehicle from getting filthy on the ride home. I'am sure that coal dust can be nasty to clean up. Whether it be in your vehicle or clothes.

On a side note, I woke up to another week of much needed vacation. Just going to be hanging out doing whatever I want. Other than a couple of Doc appointments. Updated my Photoshop to CS6 on the Mac Platform and Lightroom to Lightroom 4 on the Mac Platform as well. More than likely will be upgrading the home computer to a new IMac. Apple - iMac According to Apple the version I want won't be out till December. And rumors have it pushed back even further. May just have to wait and see.

It s not easy, it seems like its either dusty or muddy. I wash my truck often to keep it looking good. And as far as myself I shower in the bath house so I don't bring any dirt home with me.

Don't do it...if you like your car you will regret it in a few years. Either get a "beater" to save your car, or wait until you can afford another...been there, done that...here's a few that I wish I would not have traded: 1969 Mach 1 w/390, 1969 442, 1968 Shelby GT-350...no need to go on...I still beat myself up for not keeping those!

I hear ya Mark .. I do love my G8. My beater is dying and I really don't want to go out and spend a fortune for another beater that has over 100k on it. Work just made my commute from 16 miles to 80. Always stored my G8 in the winter and I never driven it in the rain. So the car is pretty new still.

I hear ya Mark .. I do love my G8. My beater is dying and I really don't want to go out and spend a fortune for another beater that has over 100k on it. Work just made my commute from 16 miles to 80. Always stored my G8 in the winter and I never driven it in the rain. So the car is pretty new still.

I got rid of my G8 and have not looked back. I thought I would miss it but so far I have not. Plus I could not do this in the G8. However I never got the G8 that dirty either. I am glad I have a four day weekend to clean her up.

I got back from my yearly deer hunting long weekend. Had a blast and cant wait for next year already.

post-1862-136818091092_thumb.jpg

post-1862-136818091098_thumb.jpg

post-1862-136818091105_thumb.jpg

Edited by whiterp199

Damn, waiting on the 27'' too. I will be pissed if I can't get it this year.

went wheeling in mammoth, az to help a buddy out who broke an axle this weekend on a camping trip.

there were two:

4FC13AE0-9E09-4948-A456-C6F53C057F88-1176-0000022415EE2D72.jpg

and then there were three

F2AC13C1-5F53-4F57-88A2-ABF1A6D6BEF4-1176-0000022412F026CC.jpg

and then it was clean again!

9F5E97B0-DAFC-4DE9-ADE7-1D9D5F657582-1176-000002240FCC276F.jpg

some vids

getting out to carpet hill:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKgm4vhejMo]GOPR0043 - YouTube[/ame]

climbing carpet hill on the way back:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQUYcxpy9I]GOPR0044 - YouTube[/ame]

last big obstacle before leaving rug road:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZGWRlevVKs]GOPR0045 - YouTube[/ame]

Mark, I picked up a CR-V back in September for my DD, commuter, back and forth to work, running around car and love it. I did buy it brand new, being I'am a stickler when it comes to my maintenance. I love that car. Everything about it is easy on the wallet. Tires, oil, gas, etc. Easy/fast to wash and clean up as well. Saves me about 150 bucks a month in gas over what I used to drive. Goes great in the snow to. May not be a flashy sports car, but I'am all about practicality.

I woke up from a dream in which a mouse was in our pantry (which we don't have) and it was talking to me: peep, peep, peep. Not as odd as the dream three nights ago with the talking blancmange. It's last words to me as I plunged my spoon into it were "it is finished."

Anyway, I'm up before the family getting things ready for the family visit today. Dishwasher loaded and running, kids toys picked up and put away, garbage out, guest bathroom clean, windows cleaned with Adam's Glass Cleaner, tires and trim got SVRT. Oh wait, scratch the SVRT, that was just habit from 'what did you do today postings. 'Just wish that coffee would get done drippin'.:willy: