Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

finished a lot of work in the basement over the past few days with the help of my Dad..  All that is left is base molding, installing the ceiling tiles, and painting or replacing the railings..

well and putting a lot of the stacked up stuff away

Oh man, why did I go to my cousins for the holiday? She has a 1979 BMW 320 on blocks in her garage in running condition. Interior needs a good cleaning as does the exterior but the body is free of rust. I must have made twenty trips out to her garage...oh man oh man oh man I think I've been bitten by the car bug. Oh and my wife likes the car too!

finished a lot of work in the basement over the past few days with the help of my Dad..  All that is left is base molding, installing the ceiling tiles, and painting or replacing the railings..

well and putting a lot of the stacked up stuff away

Gonna come help me now???  Had a guy at work proposition me to help him with his.  Went and looked at it last night and I noticed right off that there is going to be a lot of concrete cutting and digging up of pipes where the bathroom will go.  I guess I should take it as a compliment that he would even ask me.  He came and looked at mine a while back and told me last night that when he was house shopping there were a lot he looked at and he could tell when it was a homeowner job in the basement.  Told me that mine looked like it was professionally done.  I'am OCD that way.  Just ask my wife and aunt.

On a side note, trimmed the bushes, picked up dog cookies, and sprayed for weeds.  We'll see how the weed killer works.  Need to wash cars now and re-apply a coat of Patriot to the wife's car again.  Oh, and ordered 2 furnace filters at a $100 a piece.  Used to get them locally, now I have to turn to the internet.  Company that I used to get them from got bought out and new owner wants 3 bones :cough: :cough:  .  Forget that.

Edited by LFairbanks

Two-bucket wash on the Camaro.  Yesterday I used my PC for the FIRST TIME on my mom's Honda Fit.  I used the Paint Finishing Polish and I saw a slight difference between the rear door that I did, and the front door that I did not do.  I also clayed the glass and used [another company product] to seal the glass.  I could NOT get the haze out...  :angry:

Overall, I was happy with my test run.

<<EDIT>> Oh yeah! I also received & opened my largest Adam's order yet.

Edited by Hot_Wheel

cut the grass (with the neighbors antique mower as mine is being fixed).. then I had to rake since his mower doesn't have a bag nor mulching blade and made a mess, lol

also disassembled the Sleep Number Set in the spare room upstairs and moved it down to the basement and set it up..

All in 90+ weather with the sun beating down..

^ Fingerprints ^     Adam's Glass Cleaner works great on those displays. Otherwise interior looks great. :thumbsup:

As for the OP, I worked this morning at the office, napped in the afternoon with wife and twins. This evening I restrung my 6' ultralight spinning rod to go along with the light action rods I've been using on the local ponds. Alarm clock set for 4:00 AM, going to do some pre-dawn top water action on the light action setup and crappie spinners on the ultralight.

Edited by sportredmistress

Yesterday I swapped out the faded hood and trunk badges on the 55 for some brand new ones. Funny how something seemingly minor like that makes such a big difference. Today I hope to be able to reinstall the trunk lock after I cut down the lock shaft so it doesn't hit the battery box. No more opening the trunk with a screwdriver for me!

Yeah, how do you deal with the Nav screen????

I use Adam's Glass Cleaner sprayed on Glass Cleaning towel which I then use to gently wipe the screen. Trust me, those screens drive me nuts too and I was very apprehensive to touch them as well.

As to the OP I went fishing in the local pond and caught 17. I'll post pics later.

I went to the Blackhawk Automotive Museum's ( http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/ ) monthly "Cars and Coffee" event with 18 other members of the Camaro5 forums community.  I used my Adam's Sampler kit and some micros to spiff up the car when I got there.

Rant on:

Yesterday I discovered that to some people etiquette is just a french word and not a set of societal norms we expect to live by. For example; if there are ten urinals and nine are open we guys know to go to the one furthest away from the one being used. If you are getting ready to bowl you wait for the people on the lanes next to you to go first. By the same token only one person tees off from a golf tee box at a time. So, if you come to a 5 or 6 acre pond with thousands of feet of empty open shorline one does not go to within 50 feet of the ONLY OTHER PERSON ON THE POND!!! to start fishing. :mad:

Rant off.

I called it an early evening and went home. This morning I went out at 4:30 and had a slow morning; only 6 largemouth bass. As promised above here is a collage of Sunday mornings catch and release plus a picture of flowers to help spruce up the place.

page_zps4c6a859d.jpg

I also took a nice pic of the G8.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/21635-you-know-youre-a-detailer-when/?p=386213

Vacuumed the '55 and then grabbed the CUC to clean the mats. Tomorrow I will be steam-cleaning the carpet. With less than stellar weatherstripping, the carpets are nasty. We'll see how they turn out. I would hate to have to replace the carpet as well!

After the mats were cleaned it was time for dinner. After dinner I removed an old decal from the rear window of the Chevy and then mowed the yards. Still sweated about a gallon or so despite the sun being down.

i spent 3.5 hours after work yesterday working on the new Escalade. this thing is a tank! i'm working one panel at a time and i've only been able to do the hood, front bumper, and the driver's side. this evening i hope to finish the rest of the paint and maybe start on the wheels. here's my process:

1. rinseless wash (vehicle isn't dirty, just washed last week)
  2. clay
  3. new 2-step polish with microfiber pads on my PC
  4. Revive Polish
  5. QS

if i get the other side done tonight, tomorrow i'll put the finishing touches on the wheels/trim, and lay down some BG and Patriot :patriot:

results to follow

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Polishing the metal on the '55. This includes the chrome, stainless and aluminum. Taking my time since the garage is like a sauna!

Sounds like you need a mini split.  I had one installed in my garage this spring.  Amazingly, I've yet to use it.  It's been amazingly cool this year.   :huh:

Sounds like you need a mini split. I had one installed in my garage this spring. Amazingly, I've yet to use it. It's been amazingly cool this year. :huh:

It hasn't been terribly hot here either because of the wet weather, but because if the rain it has been really steamy. So even if it is relatively cool, it still makes you sweat like Roman Polanski in a Girl Scout meeting.

Fishing at sun up, day at the office and a fire in the outdoor fireplace last night. Heading out for more bass fishing in a moment.

Edit: For some reason the iPhone 5 post a picture thingie escapes me. I intended to post this pic from last night. The twins were pretending to roast marshmallows with their old golf clubs:

IMG_0057_zps4feb2fd9.jpg

I am so much in trouble in 10 or so years... :willy: