Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

70 degree day for the first time in months! :banana: Started the spring yard maintenance; cleaned and vacuumed the inside of my mom's car, brilliant glaze on the windows, then washed it with the red shampoo. So nice to wash a red car instead of black for a change! It needs a strip, seal, and wax which will have to wait a few weeks. Now time sit down down with an adult beverage and watch some golf.

I nervously watched a thunderstorm roll in. Fortunately the hail corridor was to the north of my office. Unfortunately it was right over my house! Neighbor said a lot of quarter sized hail came down. Now we have a severe thunderstorm watch until 9 PM. Praying we don't get big hail.

I nervously watched a thunderstorm roll in. Fortunately the hail corridor was to the north of my office. Unfortunately it was right over my house! Neighbor said a lot of quarter sized hail came down. Now we have a severe thunderstorm watch until 9 PM. Praying we don't get big hail.

I hope all turned out okay!

I hope all turned out okay!

Yes it did. The remainder of the storms just rumbled and rained, at least where I was in Illinois.

Glad to hear that, Paul. Hail sucks.

Push mowed my new 1/2 acre lot and made the decision to finally purchase a riding mower. 1/2 acre does not sound like much but when you are dealing with drainage ditches and a good amount of slopes it wears on you quick. Thoughts of doing it with a push mower in 100 degree weather.....

wetsanded and polished out some paint lines on my daily Honda - someone had taped off half the rear quarter panel and sprayed right up to it without blending it, so I had a hard edge that I could rest my credit card on  :o

Started with 1500 wet and dry and finished off with 2500 wet and dry before polishing over it to remove the sanding marks, turned out OK for my first time ever wet sanding and polishing. The car isn't perfect, it has some hail damage and stone chips from its 300,000km life. It will be my practice car to build up my confidence before tackling other peoples cars - friends and family etc.

Before sanding post-15432-0-89643500-1492579669_thumb.jpg

After sanding and polishing post-15432-0-71331400-1492579668_thumb.jpg

post-15432-0-15044300-1492579666_thumb.jpg

Joel, practice makes perfect, looks good..."what would you do for a Kit Kat Bar"

wetsanded and polished out some paint lines on my daily Honda - someone had taped off half the rear quarter panel and sprayed right up to it without blending it, so I had a hard edge that I could rest my credit card on  :o

Started with 1500 wet and dry and finished off with 2500 wet and dry before polishing over it to remove the sanding marks, turned out OK for my first time ever wet sanding and polishing. The car isn't perfect, it has some hail damage and stone chips from its 300,000km life. It will be my practice car to build up my confidence before tackling other peoples cars - friends and family etc.

Before sanding attachicon.gifhonda paint.jpg

After sanding and polishing attachicon.gifhonda 2.jpg

attachicon.gifhonda 1.jpg

Next time throw some one liners directed at the help...I'm sure that will help you get dragged off, I'm sure you can think of something lol

Flew United (Denver - Orlando). Didn't get kicked off.

P.S. It's sad that's even worth mentioning.

Edited by ocdrifter

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished putting new shocks in the rear of my Dakota, in the front I did new hubs, new drilled and slotted disk brakes and new brake pads along with some new hardware on the calipers. The front shocks are proving to be a pain, the top nut is just spinning the upper piston of the shock and not breaking loose.

Have to figure out a new plan of attack.

Just finished putting new shocks in the rear of my Dakota, in the front I did new hubs, new drilled and slotted disk brakes and new brake pads along with some new hardware on the calipers. The front shocks are proving to be a pain, the top nut is just spinning the upper piston of the shock and not breaking loose.

Just a FYI - they do sell sockets that will fit the top of the shock stem, and you use a box wrench to prevent the nut from turning. Just remember to turn the socket in the "tighten" position while the nut is held stationary to loosen it. Should be less than 10.00.

Just a FYI - they do sell sockets that will fit the top of the shock stem, and you use a box wrench to prevent the nut from turning. Just remember to turn the socket in the "tighten" position while the nut is held stationary to loosen it. Should be less than 10.00.

Thanks, the new Ranchos do have something to grab, but I will have to get back in the wheel well to see if the ones in the truck have something too. The rears were the originals as far as I could tell.

I used vice grips above the nut on the threaded stem and use a box wrench. A touch of penetrating oil on the nut will do wonders if there is any rust. Or vice grips on the rod itself may work

I used vice grips above the nut on the threaded stem and use a box wrench. A touch of penetrating oil on the nut will do wonders if there is any rust. Or vice grips on the rod itself may work

Thanks, need to get eyes on the ones in there and see the top of the stem, just had so much to put in I didn't go too deep at the time, figured someone here might have tips.

You need the right tool.  I have a whole tool set that is designed for this purpose and works on every set of shocks out there.  

https://www.amazon.com/STEELMAN-78554-39-Piece-Strut-Installation/dp/B00JQZQOKK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1493478348&sr=1-1&keywords=steelman+shock+strut+tool

Edited by LFairbanks

Washed, clayed, fully cleaned wheels and arches and started correcting the paint on my partners dads car (Holden Commodore - Chevy SS but V6 version)

Ran out of sunlight today, so the rest will have to wait until the weekend, but here's a cheeky 50/50 shot of the munted paintwork ????

post-15432-0-39042600-1493636084_thumb.jpg

post-15432-0-44030400-1493636106_thumb.jpg

post-15432-0-71260900-1493636133_thumb.jpg

Picked up one of the shock sockets off Amazon, took about 45mins to swap both front shocks, they look to have been the originals like the rears. One was leaking pretty bad, but I could compress either of them by hand with not too much force. Only made a short run so far, but it feels totally different.

Did this yesterday, but it was the last thing I wanted to do after being on vacation.  Ordered all the parts while on vacation, and they were home when I returned.  Had to update my manabloc, being that new supply fittings weren't available for the older version.  It was starting to leak where the hot water tied in. Older supply fittings used more of a hose type washer.  New version is an O-ring.  They are proprietary fittings, so regular stuff won't work.  Took me about an hour to tear out the old one, replace the supply fittings and hook everything back up.  Zero leaks.  

Old one out.  

post-706-0-52563600-1494814346_thumb.jpg

New one in. 

post-706-0-00573100-1494814369_thumb.jpg

Edited by LFairbanks

Stripped washed the Ram on Thursday. Drove it to and from work Friday through Sunday. This am I used Rinseless for the first time to wash the bed sides and tailgate. Only working in sections to do my paint correction. There is a nice separation between the bed and the cab so I can correct and then seal without worrying about messing it up when I do the next section. Worked out pretty well. Clayed the bed sides and tailgate. Then I started the paint correction with The PC7424. I started with PCP and orange pad first but it needed more. So I stepped up to the blue microfiber pad and HCP. Then went over it with the PCP and orange pad. Then white pad and PFP. Once the 2 sides and rear was done I used the grey sealant pad and LPS. I did 2 coats, waiting about an hour and half between the coats. Very pleased with the results! 

First time doing a paint correction. Was very hesitant about doing it. But I took the steps slowly. Followed the videos and directions. I think I got the paint to about 90-95% corrected. Thats all I was looking for. Took me from time of set up until after all pads were cleaned and supplies were stored away about 5 hours. 

As time permits I will do the rest of truck. Will probably have to do 1 step a day for the front (microfiber and HCP one day, then Orange pad and PCP the next, etc..) There is no breaks in the body that would allow me to do full correction at a time.