Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about MSW?

Carolinaboy

Question

Well I'm gonna take the plunge and order the PC Accessory Kit I've been wanting to buy for a while. I am gonna grab some Drying towels too. The Meg's ones I have I swear are just scratching the paint :mad:

Anyways my main question is, Will MSW give me enough protection for a while? I don't have the extra funds to get what I really want. (PREMIUM SHINE) So will just finishing the paint correction with some MSW be good enough for a while?

I'm waiting for a Daily Special that fits my needs just right so I can throw that into the cart too. :thumbsup:

Thanks in Advance!

The wiping after 12 hrs. is just to remove any slight haze from the curing. I have never had anything to wipe off - needless to say I am pleased about that. And even one coat lasts months - I live near the beach (I can smell the ocean) and obviously it's a marine environment, all the brass (even coated) corrodes from the air, and yet the MSW on my black DD that lives outside, went months and was still beading when I stripped it for the next polishing

That's good to know, I live on the coast too! I just put in my order :banana:

I couldn't wait

I didnt do the second wipe down on the Edge yet because its been raining since..

do I have to re-do the msw?

Nope, it is just fine like it is, you just wouldn't want to layer anything over it without doing that second wipe down.

But I am really interested in Darryl's method, I'm going to have to try that out. Maybe I'll do the roof of my truck that way.

The bottle says to let it cure for 20 min. Adams video says let it cure for 20 minutes if it's warm but if it is cold out or humid to wait 30 to 40 min to cure. Then wipe off. Then the next day when the curing process is totally complete re-wipe any further hazing that may have occurred.

If you want to layer it, you must do the coats separately. I will apply the first coat, let it cure overnight, take it off, put the 2nd coat on the next day, cure overnight, remove the next day. So far, I've had no issues with needing to re-wipe as indicated.

- Darryl

I think the reason you are not seeing a need to rewipe is you are NOT taking it off after it has hazed over, instead waiting until the next day to wipe off the residue.

So no rewipe for you as you never wiped to start with :lolsmack:

If you want to layer it, you must do the coats separately. I will apply the first coat, let it cure overnight, take it off, put the 2nd coat on the next day, cure overnight, remove the next day. So far, I've had no issues with needing to re-wipe as indicated.

- Darryl

Do you leave the product on the car overnight or apply, let dry for 45ish mins and do a wipe down the next day before the next coat?

The wiping after 12 hrs. is just to remove any slight haze from the curing. I have never had anything to wipe off - needless to say I am pleased about that. And even one coat lasts months - I live near the beach (I can smell the ocean) and obviously it's a marine environment, all the brass (even coated) corrodes from the air, and yet the MSW on my black DD that lives outside, went months and was still beading when I stripped it for the next polishing

- Darryl

Archived