Customer Service 866.965.0400

How Sad

subytek

Sadly, the vast majority of people in America won't so much as bat an eye at the fact we're slowly being undermined. Just keep pumping our stores full of cheap, low quality, lead laced, goods while more and more Americans lose their jobs every day.

Sad sad state of thing... and most people just don't care.

Unfortunately Nick it won't matter much who the next president is... "americans" as a whole have become complacent and self centered. Instead of spending a buck or 2 more at the store for the domestic option, they worry more about saving a few on the chinese version.

Huge corporations like walmart import chinese goods and stock their shelves with them at a staggering rate, all the while people are more worried about whats happening on the Jersey Shore than they are about whats happening to America.

Companies close factories, lay off Americans, and reopen for business in China. People don't care because taking action would require them to miss this season of American Idol.

The Chinese send us poison pet food, lead laced kids toys, and mercury laden drinking glasses. Sure, a few people get riled up for a few minutes... but then the new celebrity couple is on the rocks and they focus on that instead.

People are out of work, our economy is struggling, but most people are set to "ME ME ME" mode so all they worry about is getting what they want however they can get it.

Honestly, its sad to say, but we've reached a point where who takes that oath of office the next time won't matter. The damage is done and the dominos are already set in motion. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that by the time people wake up to whats happening there won't be a way to fix it. It would take a MASSIVE cultural and ideological shift in this country to turn this around, and frankly I've lost faith that the majority of our 'fellow Americans" have the ability or the desire to do either.

Maybe when China outpaces us to a point that their military is better equipped and better funded than ours people will start to realize how scary this is. We're a military superpower not because we try harder... its because we have the money to be. There is a day coming where the Chinese will be outspending us... and given their less than friendly nature thats a scary scary day for not just us, but the entire world.

extremely sad..

It really sucks that the our children's generation (I dont have any yet, but plan to soon) are going to be really screwed even more so.. I love my country but we need to find a way to fix this BS.. I think companies that outsource should be 'fined' or have to pay certain fees and what not. They are saving themselves money by doing so, ruining our economy, they should have to pay for that.. it should be something that urges them to rethink and keep production here..

The fix is simple..............ONLY BUY AMERICAN! If nobody bought anything made in another country we'd all be a lot better off. We need to get out from under depending on other countries for our oil too. But unless the American public starts thinking and acting with their wallets opening for American made goods, then nothing will change.

extremely sad..

It really sucks that the our children's generation (I dont have any yet, but plan to soon) are going to be really screwed even more so.. I love my country but we need to find a way to fix this BS.. I think companies that outsource should be 'fined' or have to pay certain fees and what not. They are saving themselves money by doing so, ruining our economy, they should have to pay for that.. it should be something that urges them to rethink and keep production here..

The fix is simple..............ONLY BUY AMERICAN! If nobody bought anything made in another country we'd all be a lot better off. We need to get out from under depending on other countries for our oil too. But unless the American public starts thinking and acting with their wallets opening for American made goods, then nothing will change.

I've been trying to make sure most things I buy/need are American.. unfortunately not everything is..

Even if trump doesnt run (personally i really really hope he does) He is starting to pave the landscape for 2012. Dylan is right though, we, as a whole could care less just as long as were getting things for cheap. I could start this thread into a downslope but im not going to. I have alot of anger built up for how dumb america became, It truly sad. it is true what trump is saying that we are laughed at by the world. sadly even if he did become pres and then was able to stay in office for 8 years he still would have the left to deal with and would have to deal with "waaa if we stop buying things from china people may go hungry"...there is only so much any Right winged president can do without having to deal with the left and all their BS.

BTW: I have been wallmart free for 8 years and can honestly say my life has improved.:D Albedamed if wallmart every gets another dime of my money, That is a company that is destroying america one sale at a time. This can be a topic for another time though.

Even if trump doesnt run (personally i really really hope he does) He is starting to pave the landscape for 2012. Dylan is right though, we, as a whole could care less just as long as were getting things for cheap. I could start this thread into a downslope but im not going to. I have alot of anger built up for how dumb america became, It truly sad. it is true what trump is saying that we are laughed at by the world. sadly even if he did become pres and then was able to stay in office for 8 years he still would have the left to deal with and would have to deal with "waaa if we stop buying things from china people may go hungry"...there is only so much any Right winged president can do without having to deal with the left and all their BS.

BTW: I have been wallmart free for 8 years and can honestly say my life has improved.:D Albedamed if wallmart every gets another dime of my money, That is a company that is destroying america one sale at a time. This can be a topic for another time though.

Two years Wal Mart free for me and darn proud of it!

I have a client who was hired by a company in China on an advisory capacity to develope a residential golf course community. The homes were very large one and two story (likely more than one family). The houses constructed were for the exterior only...no interior except for a floor and exposed roof. Utilities were stubbed in. Exterior doors and windows were installed and there may have been limitted climate control. Other than that it was what we call a shell. The person who bought any of these houses would later need to hire a company to build the inside, which was not included in the price.

I do not know how much each "shell" sold for. But my client told me for a few weeks before the houses were scheduled to sell people were camping in their cars waiting. On the morning of the sales the Chinamen were seen heading to the sales office with suitcases. They would pick the house they wanted and open their suitcases. Each suitcase had a million or more cash in it. These were multi million dollar homes only finished on the outside and the people were paying cash !

Only in America.....not anymore

Dylan has a great point and it's sad but extremely true. Our deficit increases while the revenue the great american dream once provided is dwindeling away. We keep spending what money we have on military(not entirely a bad thing dont get me wrong) instead of investing in more jobs. (A) because its cheaper to import crap and (B) its easier to pass blame when we get infected crap. America is becoming less and less of the dream it once was that companies like adams will not have an option to be in business because america is too used to paying 3 dolllars on a bottle of chinese wax vs. quality product. Sure sounds like a bargain but in the long run its a huge dominoe effect on your vehicle, the economy, americans, jobs, deficit, our power in the world, and i can keep going here but hopefully we grasp the point. 3 dollar bottle of wax equals american downfall.

extremely sad..

Wow! And I thought I was alone in this thinking. Every one of you guys are right on...excellent comments! I traded in my rice burner for an American Icon...Ford Mustang, last fall, only to read on the sticker that the transmission was made in CHINA! :help: My brother "used" to make parts for the US car companies, but they slowly kept beating his company up over wages and benefits, claiming they would be happy if they moved their operation to Mexico and Bejing China. After three years of our governor pleading with them, offering them tax incentives to stay, the unions slashing wages and benefits, my brother was let go, two years to retirement with a severance check of a thousand dollars and unemployment. He went back to school and now works in health care making half of what he made three years ago. He lost his home and is currently moving in with me, which is a good thing because our governor is a stupid ex-CEO P_I_K who is out to destroy the middle class, and my wages and benefits are on his chopping block. My brothers company, Federal Mogul, headquarters in Detroit, MI, built a brand new state of the art factory in Mexico, forced by the hand of the big three. Take a drive to Detroit and witness the devestation here in Michigan. What is the new governor's solution? Let's throw out all regulations, laws and all taxes levied on corporations. In other words, let the middle class carry the tax burden, punish the unions, and let the few companies left do as they please to workers and the environment.

Like Dylan has said, it makes no difference who is in office. They are all incompetant and unable to see the forest through the trees. I'm old enough to remember this country when it was a super-power. Jobs were plentiful, we had laws and regulations to protect both us and the environment we live. People had good jobs, bought cars and houses, payed taxes for the betterment of society and cities housed cultural centers and beautiful architecture. We now live in a borded up, abandoned, third world ghetto with our focus on Entertainment Tonight and this stupid royal wedding. Who freakin cares! We look for our next unemployment check and welfare check from the government and we drive beat up pick-up trucks, held together with coat hangers and duct tape with a couch in the bed for the filthy dirty kids to ride on our way to Walmart and McDonalds. We are truly the joke of the world.

I sincerely hope Trump runs. I agree with every utterance from his mouth. We need a kick-a__ and take names leader to take this country back. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. You guys are the best. If we all stick together, we can make a difference. Have hope. It is all we have right now.:patriot:

Maybe when China outpaces us to a point that their military is better equipped and better funded than ours people will start to realize how scary this is. We're a military superpower not because we try harder... its because we have the money to be. There is a day coming where the Chinese will be outspending us... and given their less than friendly nature thats a scary scary day for not just us, but the entire world.

Unfortunately for them they will need about 20 yrs of military advancement to even compare to ours. They have numbers but not the quality we have today.

Not only will China pass us, the US $ will be replaced as the world reserve currency. But this is a financial/political topic that could be discussed for days.

I don't think the American people don't care. I think they are just people fighting to get by day by day. Paycheck to paycheck. They need to be educated.

And as far as buying only American. I don't need to tell you how hard, probably impossible in most conditions, it is to buy only American. That is only a symptom of the overall condition. But should certianly become a priority when trying to find a cure for this mess.

God Bless America! It will endure if we believe, remain positive and return to the roots of our country's foundations.

:patriot:

All I read is sad news it seems :(

:rockon: TRUMP 2012 :rockon:

I just don't know about Donald...

Successful business man: check

Flamboyant and well spoken: check

Address sensitive mainstreet issues not broached by others: check

President of the USA: just not sure...

Would think in our case him being a successful business man and financially educated that after 4 yrs in office could possibly make a change in the US economy. At least I'd rather him then Obama or any other democrat.

I just don't know about Donald...

Successful business man: check

Flamboyant and well spoken: check

Address sensitive mainstreet issues not broached by others: check

Enemies will know not to mess with The Donald: Check

The Donald will not be able to be bought like other politicians: Check

President of the USA: just not sure...

What other qualifications are you seeking

He had me when he blasted Rosie O'Donnell :rockon:

Archived