Customer Service 866.965.0400

Garage pictures.

wcmclellan

• 5 weeks later...

Man, it's been a LONG time.

So we finally bought a house (closed a month ago) and I finally have my garage. It's still in progress and being used to do other projects around the house so it was cluttered when I took the latest photos, but you can get the idea.

So here is how it started when I bought the house. Basic shelves and in need of some minor maintenance.

garage4.jpg

garage5.jpg

garage6.jpg

The truck barely even fit in.

garage7.jpg

So first I had to get the concrete pad the old owners put in cut ad partially removed. My truck fit in with it but the car didn't. if you note where it meets up with the door it was also a huge tripping hazzard.

garage8.jpg

Then I sprayed the walls with new paint, and we got a new hotwater heater. Washer/dryer will come later. I took all the shelving out on the one side and bought two cabinets. One for car cleaning supplies and one for tools and such. We are in the process of having impact windows put in the house as well so once those are in I can get rid of the hurricane shutters on top of the shelves on the other side and replace them with two 48" cabinets like these. Then once the washer/dryer is in I'm also goign to add one or two 30" wall cabinets over them as well.

car cleaning supplies. Also I see my camera was focus challenged on this shot for some reason.

garage-1.jpg

I actually got the handing brush idea from here. :D

garage-2.jpg

It's hard to see with all the crap but I also have a couple of shelves low on that far wall for the recycle bins. And the roll away tool chest actually sits up next to the HW heater but I took it down to paint the wall and now there is baseboard in the way being stained. haha.

garage-3.jpg

Thanks May.

My long term goal is to eventually either put a flush mount lift in the floor from Bentpak or gut the attic and make it a high ceiling so I can put a small lift in that can raise the truck high enough to comfortably work on.

Oh, and I also ordered my race deck flooring today so that should be in NEXT weekend.

I'll take more photos as I get it cleaned up and added to.

Thanks May.

My long term goal is to eventually either put a flush mount lift in the floor from Bentpak or gut the attic and make it a high ceiling so I can put a small lift in that can raise the truck high enough to comfortably work on.

Oh, and I also ordered my race deck flooring today so that should be in NEXT weekend.

Flooring may be my 2012 summer project! My lift was Summer 10, new garage heat pump was this Summer, so hopefully floor next year!

Make sure you take a lot of pics!!:2thumbs: BTW nice job!

Thanks Mayben.

fixed! lol

no problem.. I wish I had a garage, I would love to have a lift as well, lol

FINALLY took some shots of the "finished for now" garage!!! Everything is always a work in progress, we all know that. But for NOW I'm happy with where I'm at. Here in a few weeks, I'm going to take a few days off and lay down some nice floor coating. Not sure what system, there's a few good ones, but more than likely a nice red from Ucoat-it!! So that will be coming by the end of September!! Other than that, I'm feeling very organized & stylish about the way things turned out. Most of the flags & banners came from Ebay or Amazon, or the vendor themselves. :)

Straight on -

DSC_0970.jpg

Charger side -

DSC_0968.jpg

Jeep side -

DSC_0969.jpg

Walking into Charger side, to the left -

DSC_0971.jpg

Notice the halogen overhead. GREAT detailing light in here now -

DSC_0990.jpg

Little further down the wall -

DSC_0972.jpg

What the Charger stares at every night for bed -

DSC_0973.jpg

Door area, heading into our basement -

DSC_0974.jpg

Quickie of the Charger's show poster, portable twin halogens, & 1 of the 4 pumpin' Sony speakers -

DSC_0975.jpg

Little workbench/shelving area in the middle -

DSC_0976.jpg

Closeup of the new stereo (LOVE this thing, HIGHLY recommend) -

DSC_0977.jpg

The door into/out of the garage -

DSC_0978.jpg

Overall view of the Jeep side -

DSC_0988.jpg

To the right of the Jeep (pax side) -

DSC_0987.jpg

Area in front of the Jeep -

DSC_0979.jpg

Sitting on top of the fridge -

DSC_0982.jpg

The sticker graveyard on the fridge, lol -

DSC_0980.jpg

DSC_0981.jpg

DSC_0983.jpg

Black & Decker workbench/storage area (Flex pads drying, lol) -

DSC_0984.jpg

Little "cove" area I have off to the corner -

DSC_0985.jpg

Ignore the "other" products leftover, lol. FULL ADAM'S convert now!! :) About 1/2 my microfiber collection is in the wash right now. Little low, lol -

DSC_0986.jpg

Would like to get some form of a Mopar/Dodge/SRT rug for in front of the door as well. I'll see what I can find, but no rush. :) And I know I'm a bad boy for not getting pics of what's INSIDE the fridge!!!! MY BAD!!! I lost my focus for a minute, lol......

Oh, and before anyone asks, the marks on the floors are from various things being painted over the years. When I was an idiot, lol. :) Another reason why I'm looking to coat the floor!!!

And with three separate 500W halogens (one on the side of each bay, and one in the middle), along with the portable twin 500W halogens. I'm now SUPER-PICKY about my paint, lol. All that killer light allows me to inspect it thoroughly right down to the nitty gritty!!! :)

I must say... I spent a good time of my shift in this thread and now if you will excuse me... I need to clean up a little... haha no, but man you guys have some nice man caves. I'm living with my parents and I'm still in college so I really have nothing to contribute besides a small 2 car garage with an broken down 2003 PT Cruiser in there taking up half the space.

glad I could give a few ideas, I would love to do something similar some day! lol

Before I sold my GC SRT8, I thought about taking off all rear emblems and putting on a Mopar logo on the rear hatch where the jeep logo was. I figured it would make people wonder what it was, but still had some meaning behind it!

Edited by bjoeaull

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great Rick....you'll love that flooring. When you get the chance, paint the walls for that final touch:2thumbs:FYI, I painted mine grey, and now I have to get some extra lighting because of the dark color, haha.

Dave