Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC plate for claybar

Frid

Question

So I just went to Charleston today to see John who works with Line-X and is a dealer for Adam's. He told that he had something Adam didn't sell but was talking into coming up with. Its a plate that goes on the PC like the backplate Adam's has, but clay bar can be used on it. Thought it was the coolest thing I saw and would save a good amount a time when claying. Anyone else have one of these. He didn't know the company name that made them off hand but he said he would get it for me if I wanted.

17 answers to this question

The G brand used to sell one of these. May still... Never saw a reason for it. I suppose if you're claying an airplane or a bus, it may be nice, but the DA action doesn't really work in my head. Not to mention the constant folding and pulling to bury the contaminates.

Chris

LOL... this has been brought up before. If you understand the purpose of claying and how to effectively clay this is a TERRIBLE idea thats been around for some time now. I'm a tad disappointed one of our dealers would even think this is a product worth selling.

You need to be able to FEEL the clay and how its behaving on the surface. Without that feedback you don't know if an area is still contaminated, if your clay is sufficiently lubricated, or over lubricated.

Claying is a tactile response driven process, the feel and feedback you get tell you when you're done or if you need to keep going over an area. Sure, you could "PC" clay all over your paint.... but the end result could be paint thats marred to death uneccessarily, or not fully decontaminated b/c you couldn't feel the rough spots giving resistance still as the machine powered thru them.

31pVb6ZtZzL._SS400_.jpg

and any 'circular' damage would stand up and scream on the finish.

Only claying by hand for me. I am just trying to remove the contaminants gently. I clay it with light pressure (wiping the surface, not leaning on the clay) and just enough to get it glassy smooth (during the baggie test) and no more. The clay does do some light marring even when I am claying gently and I am not trying to make more work for myself. :)

Archived