Customer Service 866.965.0400

would you wait 45 min to save 20cents/gallon

Diggerdan11

So there is a Gas Station in the parking lot of the Fred Myers in my home town (Fred Myers is a one stop shopping place in the North West owned by Kroger). If you have your Fred Myers rewards card you get 3 cents off/gallon. And each time you spend $100 at the store you can get 10cents off/gallon. You can also get the 10cents off a the local Shell stations, with the same card. ( shop for groceries there so I always have enough points to get the 10cent discount)

Well This weekend is Special because its founders day so there are sales all over the store, and if you fill up this weekend you get 20cents off/gallon.

I drove by on my lunch break and I bet there were 60 cars waiting, I noticed that there was a lifted F-350 at the end of one of the line. I went home, made lunch ate it and headed back to work, about 45 min later that same truck was just filling up (its slow in Oregon since we cant pump our own gas) :loser:

My Question is Would You Guys Wait That Long Just To Save 20cents/gallon?

I just filled up today and it cost $88 and if I would have filled up there it would have cost a whopping $84. I’m sorry but my time is worth more than the $4 I would save.

The costco we shop at is the same way... save a couple cents on gas, but wait like 30-45 minutes to get it. What I always laugh at is the amount of people sitting in their cars, engine running, A/C on, while they wait. The fact they'll likely burn more than enough to offset that savings while they wait seems lost on them.

Oh well... keeps the lines at Chevron shorter :D

No way. I wouldn't even put Fred Myers gas in my car since I don't know who's gas they're using. It's probably a mixture of what everyone else had left over like costco. I'll be across the street at the chevron or shell. Plus, at a 45 min. wait, that's well more then the $4 or even the full tank is costing me in time.

The costco we shop at is the same way... save a couple cents on gas, but wait like 30-45 minutes to get it. What I always laugh at is the amount of people sitting in their cars, engine running, A/C on, while they wait. The fact they'll likely burn more than enough to offset that savings while they wait seems lost on them.

Could not have said it better than myself. Costcos around here are the same way, there is a chevron right across the street only charging 3cents more a gallon and no wait, and better fuel.:lolsmack:

Only Chevron & Shell in my vehicles, and no way could I wait that long to save a few pennies. I filled up most of the fleet a few weeks ago and that did sting the wallet for a while. (memo to self: do not let all cars get low on gas at the same time) I just heard about the thing in Oregon where you can't pump your own gas, unemployed people do it or something.

Bruce

Not a chance!

These X cents off/gallon thingymejiggs aren't gonna break the bank for me.

Plus, like some said earlier, my time is more valuable than sitting around fiddling my thumbs for an hour in the hope of [possibly] saving $2.00/fill.

The epitome of "unproductive" is what these people do.

To each their own....

I drive across the street pay 3 cents a gallon more which is .45 cents on a 15 gallon fill up. No line or waiting. I don't understand the rational of people who wait like that.

Here at Kroger (where I work) if you spend like 300 bucks on groceries (or something close you can get like 30 cents off of gas. That just about levels the price between the 93 octane I buy and the 87 octane my parents think I buy. The best part is there are several Krogers with gas stations around so the lines are never more then 2-3 cars long.

Archived