Customer Service 866.965.0400

Camaro stripes wrecked?

haulnash

Question

I did paint correction on my 2010 Camaro SS the last couple days. I did a two bucket wash, clay barred the entire vehicle, including stripes, rewashed, then taped off stripes for paint correction. The last thing I did was to add som SVRT to the stripes. While claying, itseemed like the stripes were shedding a lot of dirt. I used plenty of DS while claying, and did not have any sticking problems. Yes, I watched Dylans stripe care video before tackling this job. And no wax was applied to them. Any idea what to do? Hope it shows up in the pics.

The rest of the car turned out great!

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h380/haulnash/157.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

If the splotch your speaking of is the same thing I have in my CGM stripes.. It's an actual defect from applying the stripes... I have a couple in mine as well, I'm the only one that knows they are there.

That's why I mask off vinyl stripes and leave them alone. They have so many manufacturing processes with them that you don't know how they will react to what. Plus, there are cheap quality, high quality and everything in between. The vinyl industry is about as diverse as the detailing industry.

That's why I mask off vinyl stripes and leave them alone. They have so many manufacturing processes with them that you don't know how they will react to what. Plus, there are cheap quality, high quality and everything in between. The vinyl industry is about as diverse as the detailing industry.

Will give the Revive a try when the funds will allow. I guess this was one of those learn the hard way lessons. I know I read in a couple different places that said it's OK to clay stripes, and to never wax them, but the proof is in the pudding. Thanks, folks, for all your help. Love this forum!

Marring is just another way of saying it's damaged in some way, correct?

lol, marring ? did you see the pictures and/or do you know what marring is/looks like ?

So, you're questioning Dylan too?

:lurk:

Anyway, you all have either a better monitor than me or better eye sight that I do.... or both.

Because I cannot see a darng thing resembling any damage..... but a nice ride in the pictures posted.

While claying, it seemed like the stripes were shedding a lot of dirt.

My first detail on my new Camaro, I gently clayed the stripes parallel to them and got a lot of left over adhesive. Is it possible that's what you saw?

Sooo....no wax on vinyl stripes? I have a coworker with 2010 SS Camaro who is asking me what to do.I said tape them off-gave him a bottle of DS. Tell him Revive....but no wax? The pics here look like a nice ride! I was curious myself about Camaro stripes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sooo....no wax on vinyl stripes? I have a coworker with 2010 SS Camaro who is asking me what to do.I said tape them off-gave him a bottle of DS. Tell him Revive....but no wax? The pics here look like a nice ride! I was curious myself about Camaro stripes.

You have PM. :thumbsup:

I've been waxing mine with BW (so far) and they look amazing (IOM on Summit White). Just do it carefully...

Thank you all for the fast replies. I will give them another shot of DS and see if they clean up. They look great in the sunlight, but when shaded, the streaks really show up.

Are they vinyl or painted on?

Archived