Customer Service 866.965.0400

This weekends project: A very abused F350

Team Adam's

• 1 month later...

Dylan it has been over 4 months since this massive correction, have you seen the truck since your cousin picked it up? Has he taken care of it since this amazing transformation? Always wonder what happens 3 months, 6 months, and even 12 months later.

• 3 weeks later...
Dylan it has been over 4 months since this massive correction, have you seen the truck since your cousin picked it up? Has he taken care of it since this amazing transformation? Always wonder what happens 3 months, 6 months, and even 12 months later.

I've seen it more than a few time... he keeps coming over to raid my detail spray supply LOL. Its definitely not perfect, but its still looking decent, he is taking care of it pretty well on his own. I think seeing the change from before to after convinced him to take better care of it.

WOW!! What a load of work! I'm completely amazed.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
Really nice job... Dylan after you went over the windows and all with the orange 4" pad with the SHR, did you coat them with any thing. Got some spots the clay didn't get... Thanks

Quick Sealant... but when this writeup was done back in July it was still just a prototype product.

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the bump as I would have never found this.  I'm paying back a friend of mine who bailed me out of a tight jam with as close to something like this that I can manage.  Fortunately not as big as an F350 (2007 Lexus RX350) with about 150K on the odometer.  I just took a closer look at it and the headlights are my biggest worry.  They are in bad shape.  I'm planning on using a 4" focus on my drill with paint correction then finishing polishes.  Think that will do the trick?

• 9 months later...

If that truck was on scale of 1-100, I would put the "before" at 15.  Everything was there, just needed to be shined. I would rate my truck at a 16, maybe.  The interior and "VRT" applications are in better shape, but my bumpers and front end are in worse shape.

Of everything you used on there Dylan, I have minus the metal polish(es) for the bumpers.  How necessary are those?  Would the PC and PF polishes do just as good, or do I need to put together another shopping cart?!?  Also, how did you manage to clean up and shine the plastic chrome grille?

I've got close to 300,000 miles on my truck, and my maintenance schedule was only slightly better than your cousins up until the last year or so.

BTW, I have yet to be less than amazed with everything I have seen on this site!  SOOO many good products and uses.

Wow, still great work by DvK!

Of everything you used on there Dylan, I have minus the metal polish(es) for the bumpers.  How necessary are those?  Would the PC and PF polishes do just as good, or do I need to put together another shopping cart?!?  Also, how did you manage to clean up and shine the plastic chrome grille?

Dylan may stop by a let us know, but my guess is PFP (It would have been Fine Machine Polish at that time), and a white foam pad.  This works great on thin finishes like the 'chrome' plastic parts.

You can use the paint polishes on the bumpers, just know that the polishing may stain the pads.  I do this with my chrome front bumper on my Frontier, with no staining.

Of everything you used on there Dylan, I have minus the metal polish(es) for the bumpers. How necessary are those? Would the PC and PF polishes do just as good, or do I need to put together another shopping cart?!? Also, how did you manage to clean up and shine the plastic chrome grille?

If you have raw metal then you need metal polishes. Paint polishes work differently than metal polishes as they are designed for different surfaces.

The faux chrome can be treated like paint as that's all it really is. I don't remember what I used on this truck in particular, but it was definite paint polishes of some kind with a machine.