Customer Service 866.965.0400

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Z71_Denali

Question

Post up anything about detailing that just really grinds your gears!!!

You know what really grinds my gears?

Having to clean smudges and streaks from the inside of the windshield! i cannot stand seeing them when i'm driving, they're so distracting, so i clean the whole windshield immediately if i see one! i don't care if the outside of it is dirty, the inside has to be spotless!

:help:

• Answers 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really grinds my gears when people email me, or our tips line:

"I have swirl marks in my black car. What is the best wax to hide them? Do you have a black colored wax?

:pc:

Ha ha - it's called shoe polish.

Yeah, that stuff is dismal - polished that black stuff off my HHR when I got it from the dealership. Apparently THEY use it.

People who lean on my car, people who scratch up the passenger size interior plastic, people who leave trash in my car, etc. I banned both of my parents from my car for a month when my mom spilled ginger ale in my back seat and my dad scraped up my center console, and then later, I found them leaning against my freshly detailed paint. No respect.

That drives me nuts, than they joke and say oh that will buff out. Than I flip a lid after they say that, they do not know once they are scratched that is it.

When I pick up my son, and no matter how careful he is, he bumps the glove box or door or kick plate with his shoes.:help::help::help:

When he does it in my RS he just looks at me, wipes it off, and says sorry daddy. I know the rules.:lolsmack::lolsmack:

Lets see there are a few things that "really grind my gears". When the wife complains about how the vehicle don't need to be washed. But then complains when they look like crap.

When someone leaves a note on their door and says "call me at blah blah number, Iam 10 minutes away." Just an extra minute at each stop can add over 3 hours to my day. It is really frustrating when it is 8 o'clock at night and Christmas time and people ask you if you can wait 5 minutes...:willy:

ahh, good ol' thread revival!

i've got another one:

when i see a really dirty car, and someone wrote, "Wash Me" on it... if i ever caught someone doing that to my cars (not that they ever get dirty enough with the small exception of long road trips), they'll be washing blood out of their shirt from the broken nose i'll give them!

Not sure if I missed this one or not. But when you go to some sort of drive through and they give you a cup with a lid thats not all the way on, so when you go to close it, its difficult and the **** spills!! Especially when they have the lids that seem like they don't even fit in the first place!! Happened to me tonight..

The Night shift Detailers at my Limo Company (which run's 24/7-365) get away with everything:

1) Spraying the Limo's with only water then wiping them dry with a old bath towel, :willy:

2) Sleeping in the back lunch room on the clock:mad:

3) Mixing degreaser with window cleaner, and then spraying it under the seats as a Air Freshener because they like the smell:mad:

4) Waxing a car and then spraying it off with high pressure water instead of wiping the residue off. And then a driver the next day wonder's why there is white stuff all over there car for their next run for the morning:mad:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

people who tell me I took long enough to come up with a clever comment to a thread I just read :mad:

;-)

people who tell me I took long enough to come up with a clever comment to a thread I just read :mad:

;-)

If it makes you feel better, I found your comment pretty funny. :)

Idiots. Plain and simple. People who love to worry about your life more than their own, people who constantly piss on your parade, try to crap all over your dreams, who do not make sense in any capacity and who provide NO help at all whatsoever when posting a question on a forum or in person.

Also idiot drivers. To the guy that rolled his utility van in the middle of the highway this morning because it looked like fun and backed my commute up so I was an hour late, thank you. We all appreciate your efforts and I'm sure speeding along was really worth the effort.

I have many, MANY more but I'll save those for later.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Idiots. Plain and simple. People who love to worry about your life more than their own, people who constantly piss on your parade, try to crap all over your dreams, who do not make sense in any capacity and who provide NO help at all whatsoever when posting a question on a forum or in person.

Also idiot drivers. To the guy that rolled his utility van in the middle of the highway this morning because it looked like fun and backed my commute up so I was an hour late, thank you. We all appreciate your efforts and I'm sure speeding along was really worth the effort.

People who double post? I kid, I kid.:D

I absolutely agree about the idiot drivers - they are everywhere! But, since I work in insurance, I guess I need them so I continue to have a job.

Archived