Customer Service 866.965.0400

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Z71_Denali

Question

Post up anything about detailing that just really grinds your gears!!!

You know what really grinds my gears?

Having to clean smudges and streaks from the inside of the windshield! i cannot stand seeing them when i'm driving, they're so distracting, so i clean the whole windshield immediately if i see one! i don't care if the outside of it is dirty, the inside has to be spotless!

:help:

• Answers 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backgound info- I'm 58 and drive a 2011 GT. Wife's friend comes to the house; comes in through the gargage . Is that your daughter's car? Why do you drive a car like that? Oh! it so shiney. She's lowering her blinged out hand getting ready to rub the paint. I yell don't touch it. She goes inside and tells my wife. Wifey tells her with all those rings on your hand your lucky he didn't throw something at you.
:iagree:

Some really just don't get it. It's just a car. (or truck) what the heck is with that?

I agree with all the above! Especially slamming the door!

I also hate the look ya get when ya tell someone to stop grinding the dirt into the paint. They look at you like you're the one who is crazy! Keep your grubby hands off!!!!!!!!!!!!arrgh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I thought I was crazy or had a bad case of OCD, but seems I am not alone. I would add to the list:

Using window washer fliud on the highway. I absolutely hate when I have the roadster freshly detailed and some jack wagon in front of me decides to clean some bugs off the windshield at 70 mph.

Backgound info- I'm 58 and drive a 2011 GT. Wife's friend comes to the house; comes in through the gargage . Is that your daughter's car? Why do you drive a car like that? Oh! it so shiney. She's lowering her blinged out hand getting ready to rub the paint. I yell don't touch it. She goes inside and tells my wife. Wifey tells her with all those rings on your hand your lucky he didn't throw something at you.

Out of all the comments yours had me LAUGHING. Sounded like a joke really.

As for black cars. My first car was a:

1999 honda civic DX hatch BLACK, which I never knew about swirls. However got the cleanest car award in the yearbook! I still remember my X GF yelling at me saying are you done wiping that stupid car down yet.

Second was a 2003 Honda civic BLACK

My brand new one is a Black cherry almsot black.

All I can say is I love black cars. They may take some work but they are SEXY!

When my mother thought it would be great to tease me, by having the dog on the leash and let her get closer and closer to my open car door. She let the dog get to close and she slightly scratched my interior plastic trim. I lost it! Yelling and flipping out. Ended up throwing a bottle of VRT which exploded all over the porch. So neatless to say that all that grinds my gears. So last night I ordered another bottle of it.

When I lose 70% of my LSP's initial slickness after the first wash a week later.

That sounds like something we can help you with, start up another thread with details and I bet we can get that problem solved for you :2thumbs:

I don't think I could possibly add to this thread! I can easily claim any one of these. Of all of these, the one that gets me going the worst is the hand prints. Especially if it is my wife. She knows how much time and effort I put into a detail. Oh well. It's nothing some WW or DS couldn't fix!

Also,

1. Rain right after a wash

2. Puddles from sprinklers

3. Other people

4. Other people's kids

5. My wife leaving junk/trash in the truck

I think I could go on and on...

My wife says "what grinds my gears? You farting in my car when ever I drive! You think you're fooling me?" :jester:

Seriously, she hates road tar.... so do I since I get to clean it off.

I'm in complete agreement with almost all previous posts. My personal gear grinder is: "Why are you washing it again? It's only going to get dirty again" My response is: "Why do you wipe your butt? It's only going to get dirty again!"

My wife says "what grinds my gears? You farting in my car when ever I drive! You think you're fooling me?" :jester:

Seriously, she hates road tar.... so do I since I get to clean it off.

I'm in complete agreement with almost all previous posts. My personal gear grinder is: "Why are you washing it again? It's only going to get dirty again" My response is: "Why do you wipe your butt? It's only going to get dirty again!"

"Why are you washing it again? It's only going to get dirty again" My response is: "Why do you wipe your butt? It's only going to get dirty again!"

This is a classic and with your permission I will be borrowing this response to use repeatedly... :D

1)ERRRR when people tap my tinted windows, it send me through the roof:mad:.

2)"Your going to wash/wax the paint off that car"

3)Can you do mine/How much do you charge?

4)People that do not clost the doors with the handle

5)Chicks, when you take them out on a date to a restaurant and you have to park next to people because they're busy they open the door and hit the car next to you, there for chipping the edge of your door. She's lucky she was so cute and gave me the puppy look otherwise she would have been ridding home in a cab:banana:

6) Why do you care so much, its just a car:mad:

7)Drips after you blow all the cracks/crevices pull it into a garage and BAM theres one hear and there

8)When i have to park next to people

9)when you come out to a clean car in a parking lot and you see a outline of a face/hand prints because they cant see in:mad:

10)people that touch my car

11)people that attempt to lean against my car

12)Bugs

13)Birds

14)Hot chicks that stare at your car at the light next to you and dont offer their number:D:lolsmack:

Ah, your #8 is probably my #1. The wife and I went to the movies a few weeks ago after I had spent the better part of the day detailing my car. Well I cruised the lot for 15 minutes to find an "end spot" and my wife was none to pleased that I would not just park next to the dented pickup truck in the front row... :jester:

When my mom is like "They are just rags! Why does it matter if I throw them on the garage floor?" or "How can throwing these towels in the dryer on high be bad?" or "Why do you spend all that money on polishing crap? You should be saving it for college!" (I already save 2/3 of every paycheck I get. The rest is supposed to be my spending money, that I can spend on anything from crack to Adams to mods). It also is pretty sad when she looks at me detailing every single inch of my engine bay and says "What is wrong with you? It's not like its a show car. It's just a V6!" or when she is like "You shouldn't waste all of that ****! I didn't want my seats cleaned anyways. You should have just put the money you spent on that away for college!".

When my mom is like "They are just rags! Why does it matter if I throw them on the garage floor?" or "How can throwing these towels in the dryer on high be bad?" or "Why do you spend all that money on polishing crap? You should be saving it for college!" (I already save 2/3 of every paycheck I get. The rest is supposed to be my spending money, that I can spend on anything from crack to Adams to mods). It also is pretty sad when she looks at me detailing every single inch of my engine bay and says "What is wrong with you? It's not like its a show car. It's just a V6!" or when she is like "You shouldn't waste all of that ****! I didn't want my seats cleaned anyways. You should have just put the money you spent on that away for college!".

i had to deal with this all through high school it sucked but now a junior in college and fulltime employee for the state and a detailing business on the side she isnt saying anything lol

i had to deal with this all through high school it sucked but now a junior in college and fulltime employee for the state and a detailing business on the side she isnt saying anything lol

When I made 100 bucks off my neighbor for a detail, after using maybe 15 bucks worth of products and about 3 hours of my time, she still *****ed about it. Funny, she thinks I am being all responsible and smart with my minimum wage job. After 3 hours at Kroger, I make 22 dollars, minus tax and union dues. But even though 3 hours detailing can get me 100 dollars, and 3 hours of labour gets me 22 dollars, it is always a fight getting her to let me buy more Adams stuff. :willy:

This is why this is my fav forum, we all have the sickness!!! bout to start my last year of collision repair school, so I'll be finishing my K5 blazer and re-doing my 89 caddy and trust me if I go somewhere and there isnt somewhere to double park I WILL GO HOME!

This is why this is my fav forum, we all have the sickness!!! bout to start my last year of collision repair school, so I'll be finishing my K5 blazer and re-doing my 89 caddy and trust me if I go somewhere and there isnt somewhere to double park I WILL GO HOME!

It really grinds my gears when people email me, or our tips line:

"I have swirl marks in my black car. What is the best wax to hide them? Do you have a black colored wax?

:pc:

They must know a guy at the dealership where I bought mine. One of the sales guys said "get yourself some black wax". Good thing I remembered that the first time I used the PC and saw a little black on the pad!

Of course, that only happened the first time, and now it really shines ,and the shine LASTS!

Archived