Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not sure about the Microfiber glass towels

I have used the Adams Microfiber towles many times with little sucess. They seem to not slide across the glass and bind up to much. Maybe i'm not using them the right way but I have gone to the Microfiber towel that looks more Waffle weave and they work much better for me. Any ideas to help me on using these towels with better sucess. I own about 5 of Adam's glass towels. The rest of the towels Adam's offer are the best I have ever used and have not found any better products than Adam's

The glass towels do hang on to the glass more than the other towels. What aren't they doing for you? I've found that any other towel leaves streaks and if I want perfect glass, I have to use the glass towels. Which towels do you own? Blue, white, or green?

Sent from my iPhone4 using special algorithms and data nodes!

I have had the same problem of the towel hanging up or bunching up and not wiping well. I kept trying different things until I realized that I just needed a little more glass cleaner, once the towel had a little more moisture it glides much better.:thumbsup: And of course once it is cleaned and you use the glass sealant the towel will glide better with less cleaner too! :2thumbs:

YEs, that is correct...they do bind up more than a regular towel does and that's by design. The friction you are experiencing is actually helping you clean the glass as opposed to just smearing chemical all around...hence the streaking from other products and other towels. This is precisely how I demo the Glass Cleaner and Glass Towel combination and people are always amazed at how the glass comes out clean and streak free. You have to put a little elbow grease behind it and as with other Adam's products, make sure to not use too much. Perhaps your towel is getting too wet. Hope that helps a little. I love the Glass Towels!

- Darryl

The glass towels do hang on to the glass more than the other towels. What aren't they doing for you? I've found that any other towel leaves streaks and if I want perfect glass, I have to use the glass towels. Which towels do you own? Blue, white, or green?

Obiously I love Adam's products, but I find it hard to believe "every" other class towel leaves streaks. A few years ago, before MF was a proven winner, I was using papertowels as with the mirror's in the house. I don't get streak's even with the cheapest papertowels. I'm just saying Chewy, not trying to be a jerk. Of course Adam's Products are top of the line, that's all I use, and why I'm here everyday. But, I hear all to often on this forum that nothing else could possibly work in certain applications, and that is just not true.

I think the few that have had issue's with the glass MF just have to perfect their teqnique. When this was happening to me, I was using way to much glass cleaner and getting the towel to wet. The use of two also helps, or get a polishing cloth to finish it off.

Obiously I love Adam's products, but I find it hard to believe "every" other class towel leaves streaks. A few years ago, before MF was a proven winner, I was using papertowels as with the mirror's in the house. I don't get streak's even with the cheapest papertowels. I'm just saying Chewy, not trying to be a jerk. Of course Adam's Products are top of the line, that's all I use, and why I'm here everyday. But, I hear all to often on this forum that nothing else could possibly work in certain applications, and that is just not true.

I think the few that have had issue's with the glass MF just have to perfect their teqnique. When this was happening to me, I was using way to much glass cleaner and getting the towel to wet. The use of two also helps, or get a polishing cloth to finish it off.

Just so you're aware when I say "other towels" I mean, polishing, WCW, drying. NOT other brands!

YEs, that is correct...they do bind up more than a regular towel does and that's by design.

BINGO! Its more of a "squeegee effect" the towel is in 100% contact with the glass, giving chemical or contamination no where to go but with the towel.

Helps largely to clay your glass if you haven't already.

Just so you're aware when I say "other towels" I mean, polishing, WCW, drying. NOT other brands!

Oh, got ya!

Been gone a couply days. So back to the towels. Some good responses but still as I have tried all of what you have said I still have problems with the towles. I have tried small amounts of spray, large amounts of spray, just got done claybaring the whole car including the glass and have even tried other professional glass cleaners. I'm not saying the towels are not good in fact if you can put up with the glass grabbing the towel and bunching it up the final result is almost perfect clear glass. It almost appears that the towel is more of a polishing cloth than a glass towel. All I can say is this towel is not my first choice in glass towels. On the other hand I have not found better microfiber drying and polishing towels out there. The double white soft towels that adam's have is my go to towel everytime.

Like 07RS4 stated we all like Adam's products and his great service but there are other products out there that are very good and I'm not ashamed to say that I use some of them, but will always be a good customer for Adam.

After folding the towel in 4ths I hold part of towel in between my thumb and index finger. Push down firmly and work in product quickly to help create the friction to get the glass really clean. I also only use a small amount of product, a little goes along way.

I used my glass cleaning Micro fiber towels. They work great although they do take some time to master. I also fold the towel in quarters hold some of it between my thumb and for finger and go to work. Streaky glass bugs me and Adams is the best I've found.

I agree that the glass towels to grab, but I know they get the glass really nice and clean too!

Here's my technique. Maybe it will help you.

On the door windows of the Corvette (for size comparison):

2 full sprays (move the bottle side to side as you spray to cover more area)

UNFOLDED glass towel, flat palm, wipe with moderate pressure side to side/up and down.

I've noticed that there are 2 different weave patterns on the glass towels and one of them moves better across the glass than the other. So if it bites too much, flip the glass towel.

Use a dry towel to perfect the glass.

Once there is a little product in the towel, they slide a little better.

Good luck! :2thumbs:

I alays go over the glass with a WW towel after the glass towel, works good. XQZIT the drying towel work just as good as the WW towel?

In my post I was actually only talking about glass towels. I edited it to clarify. As far as the WW towel or the drying towel; I'm not sure if they are the exact same material or not. They obviously have the same pattern and are purpose build size wise.

For me, on glass, I only use the glass towels. One wet to apply, one dry for buffing.

i prefer to use the glass cleaner with a WW towel on fairly dirty glass, then make a 2nd pass with a dry glass towel. i still haven't figured out which side of the towel is best. some glass one side works better, and other glass the other side works better.

I have a dozen or so Adams glass towels and a 5 gallon bucket that I dispose of the glass towels when dirty.On a detail I was all complete except for cleaning of the glass and ALL of my glass towels were in the bucket (dirty).So I pulled out a couple (have over a dozen) of Adams blue WW towels to clean the glass.

Guess what,I think the WW towels work MUCH better than the actual glass towels for cleaning glass (for me).I use two of them per session/per vehicle.One for the initial wipe and a follow-up with the second.Works PERFECT!

The glass towels have NOT been used for month's.

I'm not sure if I will ever use them again (for cleaning glass).;)

I had noticed some streaking with the glass towel. I think I was able to adjust my technique and I no longer have this issue.

In short, I use two glass towels. One of them is for the washing part and it is expected to get damp/wet. The second one I only use for the last pass and its job is to dry the glass completely. I think lots of the streaking has been residual product.

The other thing I noticed is that you really want to work the towels a bit harder to get the glass completely dry. Prior to using Adam's, I would use alcohol based window cleaner in a spray can and any residual would evaporate with minimal wiping. I think alcohol based window cleaners can be a bit forgiving in this area.

-EB

Archived