Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed: 2011 Challenger Limited Edition

The Ryan

Hey folks - sorry for my recent extended absence.. My promotion at work has been quite the task so I haven't had a lot of play time lately.. However, Today, I bring you a co-workers brand new beauty... His 2011 Challenger SRT8 Limited Edition #1022 / 1100 produced.

Products used on his new beauty:

Wash:

Adams Green Wheel Cleaner

Adams Shampoo

Adams Fender Brush

Adams Lug Brush

Adams Firehose Nozzle

Adams Merino Washmitt

Adams Detail Spray

Adams Clay Bar

Polish:

Adam's Swirls and Haze Remover

Adam's Fine Machine Polish

Adam's Detail Spray

Machines:

Porter Cable 7424XP

Flex 3401 VRG

Trim:

Adam's In n Out Spray

Adam's Super VRT

Adam's Invisible Under Carriage Spray

Interior:

Adam's Leather and Interior Conditioner

Wax:

Adam's Brilliant Glaze

Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax

I agreed to polish this car out of the kindness of my heart, and for a "cruise" around lakewood... It naturally came with; what else - dealer installed swirls. I was anxiously awaiting his arrival this morning, as its a true beauty. As this monster pulled up into my driveway I grabbed my Nikon and snapped some early shots in the early overcast morning.

11Pullingin.jpg

1Arrival.jpg]

2Arrival.jpg

3Arrival.jpg

4Arrival.jpg

6Arrival.jpg

7Arrival.jpg

8Arrival.jpg

We began by cleaning the massive amounts of brake dust the huge rotors produce, followed by a thorough Lug cleaning and backs of the wheels with a wash mitt. Then I foamed down the car and let Daryl play with the new super soft Merino Wash Mitt to get car squeeky clean.

9Wash.jpg

10Wash.jpg

Here's a shot of the month old car's clay after finishing up the hood:

11Clay.jpg

After air drying it, and a quick wipe down with a Great White Drying towel, we began to prep the car for what was going to be a long task:

12Prep.jpg

13Prep.jpg

14Prep.jpg

After we taped up all of the necessities it was time to get this show on the road. I showed Daryl how to use the porter cable while I got out the flex for the larger panels, and let me tell you - this car has HUGE panels, it reminded me of polishing an SUV.

15Polish.jpg

I grabbed the light of truth and my camera for some initial results after 1 pass with SHR/Orange pad, followed by FMP/White Pad.

16Initialresults.jpg

17initialresults.jpg

19results.jpg

18wipedownhood.jpg

21Flippedhoodshot.jpg

After about an hour with the PC, Daryl decided he wanted to try out the big machine:

20Daryltryingtheflex.jpg

My Camaro was banished from her home as her spot was temporarily filled by a Monster 392 Hemi producing 470HP:

22Camaro.jpg

After nearly 8 hours of (2 people) polishing this gigantic car it was finally time to lay down some Brilliant Glaze, followed by a coat of Americana:

23BrilliantGlaze.jpg

After we removed the Glaze it was quite pleasant to see how much depth and color the glaze brought out in this amazing blue:

24BGremoval.jpg

25BeautifulPaint.jpg

The beautifully stitched leather seats were treating to a hand rub in of Adam's Leather and Interior Conditioner:

26Seats.jpg

After 10 hours (20 total with two of us working) of relentless polishing, glazing, waxing and dressing; it was finally time to get this beast in the sun and see the fruits of our labor. I grabbed my camera as Daryl pulled the beast out of Yellow's home as I could not wait to get some shots of this beauty in the southern california sun:

27pullingout.jpg

28PO2.jpg

29PO3.jpg

30PO4.jpg

Success, this thing officially changed colors with a ton of work! As soon as it pulled out I just about started drooling as the paint looked dripping wet, dark where there was no sun, and vibrant blue when the sun made its way onto the surface of the paint:

31Moneyshots.jpg

32MoneyShots.jpg

33Moneyshots.jpg

34moneyshots.jpg

35moneyshots.jpg

36moneyshots.jpg

39moneyshots.jpg

finishingtouches.jpg

41moneyshots.jpg

42moneyshots.jpg

43moneyshots.jpg

44postdrive.jpg

45limitededition.jpg

46camaroreflection.jpg

47alldone.jpg

99Dylanshot.jpg

So, thats all she wrote. Minus the hour long "cruise" I took around town at speeds I will not mention incase anyone from lakewood PD decides to read this. The 470HP 392 Hemi was bound to get me in trouble if I continued to parade it around town. This car is Fast, Fun, and Beautiful... I don't think I've smiled so much since I bought my camaro... Well maybe when my daughter was born, but this was a close second :lolsmack:

Looks great Ryan. I've never been a Mopar guy but I've always liked the looks of the new Challengers and that's one car I wouldn't mind having. Sometimes I wonder if there's an RPO code for those dealer-installed swirls though.

great job! i guess it is possible to polish a turd! :jester:

NOW behave this is all about detailing and not judging ones taste in wheels.

Yes the Challenger came out looking good, love the blue color. I never realized just how large the challenger has become until I saw one at the dealership the day I picked my new car up.:cheers:

Archived