Customer Service 866.965.0400

Introducing FedEx SmartPost Shipping!

In our never ending efforts to give our customers what they want we've introduced a new shipping option that will save customers on their shipping charges for smaller orders - FedEx SmartPost! A lower cost alternative to standard ground shipping that keeps the cost of smaller shipments lower and thus the savings are passed on to our customers. We have also renegotiated our express rates with FedEx, meaning that 2nd Day Air is now only a few dollars more for most shipments!

So What is SmartPost?

FedEx SmartPost is a great, cost effective, solution for smaller, low weight orders when your not in a time crunch to receive your items. By utilizing a combination of FedEx and USPS deliveries the overall cost to you is kept lower! Shipments are still originated at the Adam's HQ in Boulder, CO and picked up by FedEx. The final leg of the delivery is handed off to the USPS at your local Post Office, meaning the delivery arrives with the standard mail.

How long will it take for my SmartPost shipment to arrive?

Typically 2 to 7 business days within the contiguous U.S., based on the final destination ZIP code, and the distance from the Warehouse in Colorado. The farther away you are, the longer it takes. If you need a package delivered by a specific date or in a rush FedEx Ground or 2nd Day Air are still your best options.

Whats different about SmartPost vs. Regular Ground Shipping?

The biggest difference is the transit times being 2 or more days longer without the option of commercial or weekend deliveries. Also, due to the fact that its a combination of FedEx and the USPS tracking capabilities are limited.

fc033639.jpg

979ac50a.jpg

nice! if only a PC kit and a gallon of DS would fit in my mailbox!!!

I've received ebay orders via the Smartpost system, my local USPS delivery person leaves them on my porch. The downside is speed, Fedex Ground is faster plus the tracking is much better. But, it is cheaper. :) I'll stick with Fedex, but it's great that Adams is trying to find more options for their customers!

YES! A lot of times the only thing holding me back from making an order was the final cost after shipping charges. I'm not expecting a HUGE difference, but every little bit helps! Thanks Dylan and the rest of the crew!

wish this happened last week. i made my order on the 12th, got the fedex smart post, were the usps delivered it to me, late in the afternoon btw. and it cost $13.46

but on the plus side, today i have a bunch of nice new towels.

Any help in curtailing the cost of shipping charges is much appreciated. There is no question that I scale back on my orders because of this extra cost. There is nothing more irritating than shipping doubling the cost of receiving a small weight item.

Def nice for people to have the option. I've used it with other companies and it can be painfully slow once the USPS gets it, I'll likely keep paying for reg Fedex, but again, great option for people who want to save a couple bucks if they don't mind waiting a little longer.

In case you guys are wondering, I used the Smartpost on my last order for the DS special. I ordered Saturday night, and it arrived today, not to shabby. I'm in Northern California for reference. Definately worth the savings in my neck of the woods.:rockon: Thanks Adam's crew for the new option.:2thumbs:

• 4 months later...

I noticed it was not an option with my last order just a few days ago. It seems to me that the shipping calculator has been off lately - on the high side, or the shipping rates were bumped up. I had no problem being patient waiting for my orders so I'll miss the post option.

Maybe USPS would be viable for smaller orders? :mail:

It may be better to order from your "Local " dealer rather than directly from Colorado. You may not be able to take advantage of the daily specials BUT the difference in shipping cost may nullify the savings over buying from someone closer anyway.

Just another option to explore.

Seems we simply can't please everyone so its been pulled down.

The fact is if you want it fast, it ain't gonna be cheap. If you want it cheap, it ain't gonna be fast.

Regardless enough people complained about the transit times to justify removing it so I guess we'll just stick to regular fedex for now.

It may be better to order from your "Local " dealer rather than directly from Colorado. You may not be able to take advantage of the daily specials BUT the difference in shipping cost may nullify the savings over buying from someone closer anyway.

Just another option to explore.

Eric does daily specials:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

The fact is if you want it fast, it ain't gonna be cheap. If you want it cheap, it ain't gonna be fast.

Regardless enough people complained about the transit times to justify removing it so I guess we'll just stick to regular fedex for now.

I don't understand why it can't remain an option. The people that need the product faster will pay extra to receive it sooner and the people that don't care about wait time will go the cheaper option. If the people don't want to have to wait as long, don't choose the smart post option...

no Dylan, for sure you can't please everyone, but.... I've only used it once and it worked great and it saved shipping money I could spend on more product. most of the time the price wasn't a big difference but it seemed to be the only time I used it. it's not a big deal, and I'm not trying to make it one for sure, but why if it didn't work well for some and they complained, why don't those folks just check another box next time?

I can only assume it became a problem for you guys as in lost orders or something like that because the longer delivery time was very well warned.

thanks.:thumbsup:

You mean we can't have both???? :help:

Don't give up on us yet friends, we are looking at a better program of offering discounted shipping....stay tuned!

;)

I won't give up... Iam perfectly content with current set up. It's always going to one thing or another when you have "human beings" involved. And your never going to make all of them happy. :cheers:

I can only assume it became a problem for you guys as in lost orders or something like that because the longer delivery time was very well warned.

thanks.:thumbsup:

It should be the difference of only a day, because FedEx drops those shipments off at the local post office and the mail man should deliver them the following day. It is more cost effective for UPS and FedEx, being that the Post Office is a business that they assume they are going to either drive right by or stop there anyhow. And the mail man goes to every house every day. So for example they can drop 10 boxes at the Post Office all at one time. Instead of making 10 individual stops. And the mail man can make those 10 individual stops being that he is going to your house anyhow. That is why UPS/FedEx charge more for residential deliveries because your house isn't a business that they would normally go to on a daily basis. And if you have a business run out of your house to qualify as a business you need to have an entrance for the general public to walk in and out of.

Edited by LFairbanks