Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpet Cleaner

07RS4

Question

Alot of people have posted in the past that they used the Little Green carpet cleaner with good results. I finally ordered mine yesterday and it came in today. I have a feeling this will be a killer combination and any stains don't have a chance. :rockon:

I opted for the Auto version. Make sure you compare the three that they offer if your interested, they make three models, and only two have the heater feature for $99, and the other Little Green looks the same, but it doesn't have heater and it's $89. Not sure it makes any difference, just FYI.

Carpet.jpg

I'll post results after I use it tomorrow. I've pretty much erraticated all the stains in my wifes van, but with the addition of the water, I should get up even more I hope. We'll see what the dirty water chamber looks like.

Dave

Well, I just finished up the entire van. I only took a couple of pics of the floor mats, but it was pretty consistent throughout. There wasn't any stains to concentrate on, I just did all of the carpet because it hadn't been done in 4 years since we bought it. As you can see, the carpet looked clean, but the water tells a different story.

My method was simple, I soaked the crap out of the carpet with the Adam's cleaner (32 Oz for the entire van), scrubbed it with the brush, and then used the Bissell to do a thourough cleaner with just hot water. I didn't use the included Bissell cleaner at all. As we all know the Adam's Carpet Cleaner is first class. I didn't get any foaming, or that feeling like I didn't remove all the soap, which is what you get from most of the carpet cleaning solutions.

Before, clean water and empty tank.

PassengerSideBissellBefore.jpg

Passenger Side and Rear Passenger Side before...pretty clean right? (I started scrubbing one, before I took the pic)

PassengerSideBefore2.jpg

PassengerSideBefore3.jpg

PassengerSideBefore.jpg

Passenger and Driver's side afters. Each bucket was from just the two carpets, so I used alot of water to do a deep cleaning.

PassengerSideAfter.jpg

DriversSideAfter.jpg

My overall impression of the machine is a great. The suction doesn't seem like much when placing your hand over the end, but it seemed to do the trick just fine. Could I get alot more lift out of my 5 HP rigid, yes. Especially with the reducer and claw nozzle. That thing feels like it's going to suck out the dang carpet fibers. But the hoze is to big, and the attachment is to akward. I haven't tried the Adam's Shop Vac, but with a good claw attachment, and hot water compression sprayer, you could probably get similar results.

Pro's

1. Small and Compact

2. Easy change reservoir's

3. Long cord

4. Clear tip on the extractor end, which was nice so I could see when it was pulling water

5. Hose is small and easy to manuver in the small area's. It comes with a carpet cleaning crevis tool, but I didn't use it.

Con's

1. None yet.....

Awesome!

IMHO, the Adam's crew is short changing themselves with Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner.

I've removed spots/stains embeded over a period of [lengthy] time on carpets and rugs that the professionals at Stanley Steamers were unable to remove.

This product is nothing short of amazing!

I'd pay five times the current value/cost for this product.... in a heartbeat!

"We think Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is the best available" -- Adam's crew.

Absolutely!

nice i would love to try this thing out...where you getting those green spray bottles ?

I can't post the link. I get them when I order Adam's products from another dealer, they throw them in for an extra $5.

With two seperate nozzle settings, THESE will do the same job.

:2thumbs:

Yeah, to each their own, I like both types:thumbsup:

But the nozzle tips have nothing to do with why I use these types with some of my Adams products. These are dual action, which means they spray on both trigger pulls. They cover alot of area quickly. :patriot:

Dave

Sorry for the late bump and the partial thread jack, but I was looking to get one of these for the car. However, I've seen reviews that say it is "ok" and that the suction is the main problem.

I'm not looking for just "ok" I dont think any of us are, if we were, we wouldn't use Adam's. My question is are there any other alternatives that anyone car recommend with out buying a professional extractor?

I bought 2 weeks ago, haven't had the chance to use it, yet. I'm hoping to do a full detail of my Charger on Monday, if everything goes as planned, I'll test out the Bissell on my floor mats. Actually, they only need to be vacuumed, since I cheat and use a set of clear vinyl mats on top of my carpeted mats, but if I have the time...

From what I've seen there is one model that has a weaker motor than the others. But, these are still intended for occasional use by the average housewife/husband, not a professional detail shop. So, the suction power will be very low compared to a professional model. From countless reviews I read before finally ordering one, the suction is fine for the average guy, but there will still be moisture left. Either left it air dry or use a towel/shopvac to remove more of the water before letting it air dry.

I have had the regular Little Green for years. My original purpose at the time was do the carpeted stairs, but when I first used it in my car a couple years ago I was happy. Now I use it all the time. It removed stains in my old G6 that the detailer down the street's "premium carpet service and shampoo" couldn't. What a waste of money that was. But now I don't have to worry, I do it my self.

Mine doesn't have the Pro Heat because that model wasn't available then.

Nice, I was just about to post a thread asking about this same exact model of carpet cleaner. Figure it would be a lot easier than a huge carpet cleaner. Also, the scrubbing method sucks...lol. I might just have to get one of these. Would you recommend it? Did you fill it w/ pure Carpet and Upholstery cleaner?

Nice, I was just about to post a thread asking about this same exact model of carpet cleaner. Figure it would be a lot easier than a huge carpet cleaner. Also, the scrubbing method sucks...lol. I might just have to get one of these. Would you recommend it? Did you fill it w/ pure Carpet and Upholstery cleaner?

i picked one of these up recently and really like using it...i get more out of the carpets now then i did before with the spray scrub and wipe method....when i use it i lay down a good amount a CUC on the carpet and let it sit for a few minutes...in the machine i put about 3-5 ounces of cleaner with the rest being hot water....i then spray from the machine onto the carpets again and let it soak...i give it a quick scrub with the carpet brush and use the vacuum after that...the water is always really nasty on my customers cars lol

Is there a difference between the Autocare Proheat and the Little Green Proheat? Looking at the specs they are pretty much identical.

Hey bro. From what I remember...there are three options of the LGM.

1. A green one that doesn't heat-up...(relatively speaking)

2. A green one that heats the water up a bit....(like $10 more)

3. The black auto-care one....I believe the only difference is that it comes with the crevice tool. It has a brush at the end with the ability to suck up water. I've used it...works ok. Same price point as the green version that heats up.

With all of them the best plan is to use the hotest water you can. I crank my water heater the night before if I know I'm doing carpets. They all "heat" up the water...but not by much IMO.

Get the black auto version one...it looks better, and comes with the crevice tool. The price points are the same, so might as well get one that looks good:lolsmack:

Hope it helps. If you want more info...go to the Bissel website and click all three to compare.

-D

Hey bro. From what I remember...there are three options of the LGM.

1. A green one that doesn't heat-up...(relatively speaking)

2. A green one that heats the water up a bit....(like $10 more)

3. The black auto-care one....I believe the only difference is that it comes with the crevice tool. It has a brush at the end with the ability to suck up water. I've used it...works ok. Same price point as the green version that heats up.

With all of them the best plan is to use the hotest water you can. I crank my water heater the night before if I know I'm doing carpets. They all "heat" up the water...but not by much IMO.

Get the black auto version one...it looks better, and comes with the crevice tool. The price points are the same, so might as well get one that looks good:lolsmack:

Hope it helps. If you want more info...go to the Bissel website and click all three to compare.

-D

Yup. looks like the only difference is the crevice tool. LGM(h) has a brush attachment. Tough choice. I can't find the autocare version locally. The LGM(h) is at Best Buy.

Yup. looks like the only difference is the crevice tool. LGM(h) has a brush attachment. Tough choice. I can't find the autocare version locally. The LGM(h) is at Best Buy.

You got Amazon Prime?...you could have it to your house on Tuesday:drool:

EASILY the best C&U cleaner I've used!

Dave, did you dilute it 4:1 when using the Bissel?

Mark, I personally never dillute the C&U cleaner...for me, I just prefer not to do carpets or upholstery more than once, so I never leave it to chance.

When I use the Bissel, I just use hot water in the machine, because by that point the cleaner has already done it's job. I usually work it with a brush, and a steamer to break up the dirt and grime, then extract it with the hot water.

If I used a prefessional extracter like a Mytee, I would use it in the machine.

Mark, I personally never dillute the C&U cleaner...for me, I just prefer not to do carpets or upholstery more than once, so I never leave it to chance.

When I use the Bissel, I just use hot water in the machine, because by that point the cleaner has already done it's job. I usually work it with a brush, and a steamer to break up the dirt and grime, then extract it with the hot water.

If I used a prefessional extracter like a Mytee, I would use it in the machine.

Makes sense. I have a bissel auto, but not a steamer. I spray the carpets undiluted, then wipe like I normally would. If needed, I'll go over the carpets with the extractor using C&U diluted 4:1. Gives a little more bite than just plain water. If I had a steamer, I'd probably just use water too.