Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fire Hose nozzle

LQ9SS

Question

I was rather disapointed when I tried out the fire hose nozzel. Mine seems to not twist/operate smoothly and it won't hold the position in which I set it at. It always wants to automaticaly twist back to the strong spray position. I can't get it to stay on a medium fan spray position.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks.

• Answers 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this makes a big difference too, at least it does for me!

This is true for me also. :2thumbs:

I see a pretty noticable difference also between using a 1/2" hose and a 3/4" hose. This nozzle is designed for a high water flow, if there isn't enough volume AND pressure you won't get the powerful effect.

Ok now the real question, are the nozzles working as advertised? I might spend 65 dollars on a pos or no?

In my opinion it is a great tool! Based on my use of the nozzle it seems to NEED pressure and volume. My experience seems to show that if your water system has low pressure or if you only have 1/2" pipes/hoses it doesn't seem to perform as well.

Also remember that Adam's has the best customer service backed by their 110% guarantee! They will work to make sure you are satisfied! :thumbsup:

Its really strange guys... I went so far as to TRY and make my nozzle do this as I worked on that Honda this weekend. Dropping it, setting it awkwardly on its side... never once did it 'self adjust' to any real noticeable degree.

The ONLY way I could get it to change settings took some effort/intent on my part to force it -

I had to twist the hose up a bit, not to where it would kink, but close... then set the nozzle down near a groove in the driveway... the rubber bumper would prevent it from rolling, but the hose would try to untwist... as it did it would take the backend of the nozzle with it and adjust the spray pattern.

Is that perhaps whats happening to some of you guys? Is the hose twisted up when you set the nozzle down?

Check out what some of Adam's customers have to say!

<TABLE class=CommentCell border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=GreyCell height=20 align=left></TD><TD class=GreyCell align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=CommentCell border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>1. eric on 4/24/2011, said:

THIS THING IS AWESOME!!! Its a must have and the BEST nozzle I have ever owned! Built to LAST!!!

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','188981');" type=radio name=helpful_562_188981> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','188981');" type=radio name=helpful_562_188981> no (0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>2. Nickolas on 4/8/2011, said:

all I can say is WOW.. the pressure my hose puts out is horrible, but when I put a straight stream with this, WOW! Now this is more like an actual FIRE nozzle.. I bought a $20 before that claimed to be a fire nozzle and it was horrible!

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','173415');" type=radio name=helpful_562_173415> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','173415');" type=radio name=helpful_562_173415> no (0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>3. Christopher on 4/1/2011, said:

Sure... You can buy a 20 or 30 dollar "fire" nozzle. Why should you spend 50 bucks on this one right? Well... #1 reason is... IT WORKS!!! I liken it to a fine watch. The movement of the nozzle is precise and smooth, and the overall quality is impecable. Why buy something that's made in China, when you can give your money to one of your neighbors here in the U.S.? The control of the stream that you have with this nozzle is second to none that I've tried. Don't go cheap! Buy something that'll last.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','135177');" type=radio name=helpful_562_135177> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','135177');" type=radio name=helpful_562_135177> no (0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>4. Mark on 2/16/2011, said:

I was very skeptical of this product at first glance, but after reading the numerous reviews and hearing nothing but praise, I pulled the trigger on it. I can now say I am extremely pleased with the superb American made quality. I am very confident this nozzle will last me the rest of my life...... no kidding whatsoever.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','117558');" type=radio name=helpful_562_117558> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','117558');" type=radio name=helpful_562_117558> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>5. Paul on 2/12/2011, said:

I have spent unknown $$$ over the last 25+ years on hose nozzles. I am convinced that this one will be my last one for the rest of my life. It is solid, well built and puts out a strong stream or a fine mist.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','192959');" type=radio name=helpful_562_192959> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','192959');" type=radio name=helpful_562_192959> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>6. Timothy on 2/6/2011, said:

Pricey, but very nice piece add the shut off you will be pleased.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','229172');" type=radio name=helpful_562_229172> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','229172');" type=radio name=helpful_562_229172> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>7. Jeff on 1/11/2011, said:

I was hesitant on getting this for the price. I had a nozzle that was similar (so I thought) that did not impress me. All I can say is this is a nice piece of equipment. Streams to spray, very nice. With a shut off valve behind it you can lower the pressure and get a nice flood for rinsing out if it too.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','187029');" type=radio name=helpful_562_187029> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','187029');" type=radio name=helpful_562_187029> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>8. Buddy on 12/5/2010, said:

This fire hose nozzle is like a precision instrument carved from aluminum. It holds its spray position very well when shutting off the water and setting it down. Plus it will create the perfect spray pattern for any situation. After washing my car I hosed down the driveway and my wife watered the flowers. This is one purchase you will not regret and the fire hose nozzle should last forever just like you expect from items made in the USA!

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','188932');" type=radio name=helpful_562_188932> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','188932');" type=radio name=helpful_562_188932> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>9. Ryan on 11/25/2010, said:

This is THE nicest nozzle I have ever had my hands on. Period. This is great for just about anything you need to hose down. Its like a mini-fire hose in your own yard.

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','184213');" type=radio name=helpful_562_184213> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','184213');" type=radio name=helpful_562_184213> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not) <HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>10. Chris on 11/23/2010, said:

What a spectacular nozzle! Talk about well built, this is USA craftmanship at its finest! Probably the last nozzle you will ever buy. A must have detailing tool!

Was this comment helpful?<INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','Yes','112010');" type=radio name=helpful_562_112010> yes <INPUT onclick="return RateComment('562','0','No','112010');" type=radio name=helpful_562_112010> no (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=CommentCell border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=GreyCell height=20 align=left>10 of 10</TD><TD class=GreyCell align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=CommentCell border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left><HR color=#dddddd SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=CommentAuthor vAlign=top align=left>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mine is also tighter than looser.

If you are concerned that much please call the 800 number.

Everyone needs to keep in mind the amount of money invested in your end of hose accessories! If you are spending upward of $100...NEVER let them drop on the ground! Yikes!

Mook

Has anyone returned one and not been able to reproduce the problem? This would be the best way to get too root cause. There may some external factor that happens over time.

:bump: Good point? I want to know if it is even worth returning.

Archived