Customer Service 866.965.0400

FedEx Ground-Post Office Shipping

texn884

Question

I am not to key on this cheaper way of shipping using the fedexground postoffice delivery. I ordered the sepcial of In & Out Spray on the 21st and just checked on where it is and the delivery is scheduled for the 29th!

Over a week and a half? That is horrible not anythig to do with Adams but with having it shipped normal fed ex ground I haveit in two days.

No wonder why the post office is going away. I guess its on the same trucks as fed ex ground but the importance of the packages is not there becasue of some unknown reason.

Will not be using that cheaper service anymore, it SUCKS:confused::(:help::drool::willy:

22 answers to this question

I just rec'd my first order. Order on 9/15/11.. rec'd it on 10/1/11.. Even a USPS flat rate box would get here faster and cheaper. If the dealer here wouldn't markup his prices 100%+, I would get it from him. The price we pay for living in Hawaii..lol

Hey Chuck,

Really not fair to work in percentages when dealing with such tiny shipments... theres a baseline rate at work with any carrier thats gonna make that total less attractive for light orders than it would for heavier ones.

$6.81 was the total for shipping, the cheapest flat rate box/envelop available is $4.95 I believe. A difference of $1.86, contact me before your next order and I'll knock $2 off of something to make it up to you.

Just as an example - take your exact order and add a 16oz Brilliant Glaze. The total of the order then becomes $47.51 smarpost comprises $7.61 of that, or about 16% of the total. The reason is that after the base rate the cost only increases a small amount for every bit of weight added.

I'll put your concerns in front of Adam and let him know, but shipping comprised about 31% of your order, had you had the option of the flat rate box its still 24-25% of the order total. When you considered you saved 50% on the towels with a buy 2 get 2 FREE deal the percentages really don't seem that huge.

Dylan- Really, I'm not upset about a couple of dollars. I promise it won't change my lifestyle. Promise. Plus I won't need the towels till Spring so I thought what the heck, I'll order them now at the lowest freight rate. And yes I do appreciate Adam's offering this.

My wife and I purchase many items online just like many on this forum do. I'd be willing to bet that you do also. Paying for freight is just one of those things that will sway me buying from ABC and going to XYZ Co. My wife became a Prime Customer with Amazon just to see no freight charges added to her order. I believe it costs $50/yr. In essence she is paying all freight up front in a sense but Amazon also gets things right out for their Prime Customers.

Freight to me, and I'm sure many others, is just one of those things that affect buying decisions. People hate to pay freight. Think of yourself, do you like paying freight? I don't know, maybe something can be worked out.

Anyway, my Challenger sure does look good. It's all your fault! :)

That would be our government run postal system hard at work! LOL... as I said earlier in the thread:

fast and cheap do not coexist in the world of shipping

I dont care if its fast. I'm just waiting on towels.... However I would like to know where the hell they are at though!

I have to agree but its not the time it takes.... Its the tracking of the package. I had a package take 2 weeks once through USPS and they didnt update the tracking info on it until 2 days after it was Delivered.

That would be our government run postal system hard at work! LOL... as I said earlier in the thread:

fast and cheap do not coexist in the world of shipping

Hey Chuck,

Really not fair to work in percentages when dealing with such tiny shipments... theres a baseline rate at work with any carrier thats gonna make that total less attractive for light orders than it would for heavier ones.

$6.81 was the total for shipping, the cheapest flat rate box/envelop available is $4.95 I believe. A difference of $1.86, contact me before your next order and I'll knock $2 off of something to make it up to you.

Just as an example - take your exact order and add a 16oz Brilliant Glaze. The total of the order then becomes $47.51 smarpost comprises $7.61 of that, or about 16% of the total. The reason is that after the base rate the cost only increases a small amount for every bit of weight added.

I'll put your concerns in front of Adam and let him know, but shipping comprised about 31% of your order, had you had the option of the flat rate box its still 24-25% of the order total. When you considered you saved 50% on the towels with a buy 2 get 2 FREE deal the percentages really don't seem that huge.

I ordered the daily special last Tuesday concerning the 2 for 1 single soft towels. It took eight days to get to N.E. Ohio. The freight was 45.5% of the product cost. Seems excessive to me.

When I ordered the product, I thought why doesn't Adam's throw it in a USPS priority box with a mailing label and just send it. It would have gotten here sooner plus it would have saved me a couple of bucks. Instead I received a 8 1/2" x 12" carton containing the towels plus it was full of packing paper.

One my my major gripes with Adam's is NOT the products, but the shipping policies. Someone over there needs to review this costly expense to their customers. Maybe even consider what Amazon does for its Prime Customers.

Anyway, here's the route my package took:

Oct 4, 2011 10:41 AM

Delivered

BAY VILLAGE, OH

Package delivered by U.S. Postal Service to addressee

Oct 4, 2011 8:32 AM

Out for delivery

BAY VILLAGE, OH

Oct 4, 2011 7:06 AM

At U.S. Postal Service facility

BAY VILLAGE, OH

Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

Oct 3, 2011 9:37 PM

Departed FedEx location

FEDEX SMARTPOST LEETSDALE, PA

Oct 3, 2011 12:00 AM

Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

Oct 2, 2011 11:30 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

FEDEX SMARTPOST LEETSDALE, PA

Oct 1, 2011 6:11 AM

Departed FedEx location

FEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH

Sep 30, 2011 4:13 PM

FEDEX SMARTPOST GROVE CITY, OH

Sep 30, 2011 3:21 AM

Departed FedEx location

GROVE CITY, OH

Sep 29, 2011 4:56 PM

GROVE CITY, OH

Sep 29, 2011 2:36 PM

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Sep 28, 2011 7:10 AM

Departed FedEx location

HENDERSON, CO

Sep 27, 2011 9:06 PM

HENDERSON, CO

Sep 27, 2011 5:56 PM

Picked up

HENDERSON, CO

not a fan of fedex dumbpost either... took a week and a half to get a package!

and the postman obviously can't read a note that says please leave package on front porch. they left it in my apt complex's leasing office! fedex and ups don't have that same problem

Just a tought.

I work out of gallons. Once I refill the 16oz bottle and it appears I've not got enough remaining to refill the bottle again, I order. I'll take the cheaper shipping, I've got time.

With a product like In & Out Spray I have several cans. I think I bought them on a daily special. When I start my last can, I'll order more. Again, I'll take the cheaper shipping, I've got the time.

I know what you're saying Curt.. I used it on the wax special and tracked it evety day. I was a little upset but it was delivered on the 23rd instead of the 26th like they where saying. So I was happy and then understood what was going on when I talked to fed ex and the post office. Im glad they offer this type of shipping for the smaller stuff.

I had another shipment ship this way and it got here in 2-3 days and now a week and a half. It is great to have the option there but now I know what to expect so I can watch my dead grass grow next time. LOL

It's not Dylans fault but like you said Chris, It will last longer, lol. I still have 1.5 cans left but loe to see extra on the shelf kind of like all the ammo I have, you cannever have enough.

Not to state the obvious but you gotta pay to play. If you need it and can't wait pick the faster shipping. It usually takes a week through smart post, I use it one things I don't absolutely need right away (gallon refills, Towels, etc)

I think its great because especially on smaller orders I was still $8-$12 for shipping. Thats a bottle of DS right there!

Theres that old saying about cars that comes to mind: Fast, Cheap, Reliable - You can only Pick 2

I for one understand what Dylan is saying. In my business the Distribution Centers have started charging us a monthly Shipping Charge ON TOP of the price of parts with the added fuel surcharges !

We now have to place a $3 S&H on all special orders to help offset this charge. I can get items from 3 different DCs if ordered before a certain time of the day. $3 for overnight delivery is not bad at all, but some people will just FREAK OUT over $3.

So I tell them well I can get it shipped with other goods for no cost.. but it will take 5-7days and they complain about that as well.

Its not Adams or FedEx or even the USPS its just business. Either pay more and get it timely or pay less and wait. Like Dylan said you cant have both.. Here or from my store.

Its kind of a "darned if we do / darned if we don't" thing here guys.

People complained about shipping prices so we offered a 3rd, cheaper option... the trade off is it takes longer to receive your items, but now I'm hearing complaints that it take too long.

Can't have it both ways -fast and cheap do not coexist in the world of shipping- unfortunately. So its a situation where you pay more to have it quick or pay less and have it take awhile.

Archived