Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass towel... which side?

paoutdoorsman

Question

22 answers to this question

I've tried the glass towels both ways and found using the 'rough' side first works best, then the 'smoother' side for polishing. However, no matter how frequently I clay / wash / alcohol wipe / seal the windshield AND wipe down the wipers, my right side wiper chatters. Both wipers were replaced with OEM at the beginning of summer. No chatter from the driver side. It can be so annoying when driving around town at speeds that don't push the rain up the windshield.

I agree with claying the glass. Glass is very porous and traps dirt, even worse than paint. Use Adam's Glass Cleaner as lubricant on the glass when claying. Yes, I've clayed glass inside and out. I haven't clayed tint.

If the towel is still gripping after you have clayed the glass, use a little more GC.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I'm doing my wife's Mustang tint this weekend - I'll be claying her glass before doing that. Anyone ever clay on the inside? The car is a 2007 Mustang with about 47k on the odometer, always kept perfect on the inside, glass cleaned monthly (inside) - ?? I guess that's subjective eh? Baggy test on glass?

I have both blue and green, I favor the green, now I know why. Thanks for the info Mr. Dylan.

Either side will work, BUT - and not to contradict the many helpful folks who chimed in before this - when we went to the green towels the sides were actually made a little different.

The side thats a little more rough is better for the initial scrub, the side thats 'sueded' (as I like to call it) is better for the final wipe down.

Again, both will work, but if you have very problematic glass, try using it like that and you'll see an improvement in how easy gunk comes off and how much less streaking you see.

Archived