Customer Service 866.965.0400

Here's what 120MPH into a wall looks like....

Grubrunner

Like Peter Brock once joked to a Sydney newspaper only weeks prior to his tragic death - "... it's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden impact!"

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PjSVOnrVg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PjSVOnrVg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Here is an eye opener for you guys who ride bikes....

If you are squeamish I suggest not looking at the pictures....

Motorcycle VS Semi, 100+ MPH.

298201_2498251664884_1510676149_32780766_1570316567_n.jpg

Here is a 2nd picture.... I removed it because it was extremely graphic. If you want to see it click the link.

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad161/FFKingsford/301445_2498251824888_1510676149_32780767_1149546733_n.jpg

Just replayed, and replayed and replayed again for everyone at our house tonight....major impression made.

So, if a car traveling 60MPH were to cross the center divider, and hit another going 60MPH, would the problem be the same, only double the casualties?

The hair is standing on my arms, neck, and back. (I'm Italian, so that's a lot of hair at attention......)

:eek:

So, if a car traveling 60MPH were to cross the center divider, and hit another going 60MPH, would the problem be the same, only double the casualties?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8E5dUnLmh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think the announcer got his physics wrong. 120 MPH closure is like a head on between 2 cars (one Extremely heavy) at 60 MPH, not 2 cars at 120MPH. Net closure rate between the focus and large concrete block is 120MPH. But regardless, at this speed, you're toast. Or maybe a really thin film of peanut butter.

how+about+no.jpg

Question for Jason, first of all, disturbing/enlightening pics. Second, I know that you're a firefighter/paramedic, say that crash in the video did happen, How would go about getting the people out? Or do you even bother?

how+about+no.jpg

Question for Jason, first of all, disturbing/enlightening pics. Second, I know that you're a firefighter/paramedic, say that crash in the video did happen, How would go about getting the people out? Or do you even bother?

I have a feeling that work will be done for them

there wouldn't be any life to save, I highly doubt someone could survive that crash.. their body would have been pinched/severed in a few places from what it looked like..

We ran an accident on I-95 similar to that a couple of summers ago. A late model BMW rear-ended a broken down late model Nissan Armada at what state police crash investigators determined/calculated 100-plus MPH speeds.

I could go into [gruesome] details but I'm sure nobody here wants to read about it.

I pray I never see anything like that for the rest of my career.

Amen.

there wouldn't be any life to save, I highly doubt someone could survive that crash.. their body would have been pinched/severed in a few places from what it looked like..

That part is a given. My question is more what happens next? Do you remove what you can and the car goes to the scrapyard? Or do you even bother trying and it all goes in one piece? The latter seems unlikely but I'm just curious.

Here is an eye opener for you guys who ride bikes....

If you are squeamish I suggest not looking at the pictures....

Motorcycle VS Semi, 100+ MPH.

298201_2498251664884_1510676149_32780766_1570316567_n.jpg

Here is a 2nd picture.... I removed it because it was extremely graphic. If you want to see it click the link.

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad161/FFKingsford/301445_2498251824888_1510676149_32780767_1149546733_n.jpg

Yep..That's pretty bad! I read in one article though, that a rider just like this one in the same circumstances still survived because he had his helmet on.. Crazy Huh

Well see first thing I would do is key up my radio and say:

Me: "Kancomm, Otto Engine 35."

Dispatch: "Engine 35"

Me: "10-79"

Then I would throw a tarp over them and wait.

Some might not see the humor in that but if you were a FF you'd understand. If they are confirmed dead... which he was 110% dead. Then it's not our problem. Call the coroner (10-79).

More than likely we'd cut the car apart to get body parts for the coroner and just throw them in a black leather bag.

Here's a few of a different accident where the guy survived....

6455_1177310402178_1510676149_30488456_33989_n.jpg

6455_1177310642184_1510676149_30488462_5638444_n.jpg

Sometimes when it looks like a complete disaster like that... yellow... thing... They are fine. I mean that guy wrapped his drive door 50% the way would a concrete/steel beam and could of walked away if they would of let him.

FFKingsford.. Is that REALLY what it looks like? Almost looks like a staged thing and at first I thought it was just meant to be like that. What object did that? I'm trying to be vauge so if people don't want to know they dont have to. It just looks too 'clean' so to speak.

Archived