Customer Service 866.965.0400

Has Anyone Noticed...

musclejunkie

Question

the number of really nice new cars, trucks and SUV's driving around town caked with mud and dirt? I just about had a stroke last Friday, driving to Detroit to see some relatives, with the number of newer vehicles that were total filthy disgusting heaps. The first car I noticed was a Toyota Camry that was still covered with salt from last winter. Seriously??????

Then I began to notice more filthy vehicles that looked as if they had never seen a car wash, let alone a hand wash or wax. the front alloy wheels blackened from brake dust. At first I thought it was Detroit, then when I returned to Lansing, I noticed the same thing. I also notice that home properties are becoming more and more unkept. Someone on this forum mentioned before that the younger gen could care less about the car they drive. This really backs that statement up. Is there any pride left in America? Or have we sunken down so far that we no longer take pride in cars and homes and really could care less about anything. :help:

11 answers to this question

Well I'm 19 and car for my truck a lot. Would be more but don't have the money to but everything of Adams. I care for it mechanically too.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply a gen-specific thing. It definately isn't gen-related. Might be "gen...der"-related though. :loser: The SUV next to me yesterday caked with dirt and mud was driven by a woman. I thought the fairer sex was more caring about their image. She was yacking a mile a minute on her cell phone. Maybe she just flat out didn't have time to care for her SUV, you know with all the multi-tasking, shopping sprees, social texting and networking and gabbing with friends. :jester: Just want to see if Teresa is awake yet this morning. I can almost picture the icon of a gun shooting me. :explode:

I was at a cruise in on Sunday, had the windows down, and was the first car in the row parked beside a new black Mustang. Sitting there beside the car with the sun shining down on it, my wife looks through the windows and says "Oh my gosh Rich, you need to go show that boy how to fix his paint!" That kid had so many swirls in that paint that it looked like permanent scratches. It was shiny, but a big mess. Guess the 65 year old knows a bit more than the 19 year old. And apparently, I'm teaching my wife too! :jester:

I had a similar thought the other day, and it dovetails white what you observed. Basically, my thought was this: most cars that people are buying these days aren't worth caring for. Cheap econoboxes, lame crossover SUVs that are made to look tough but are just thin metal and cheap motors and undersized brakes, appliances like camrys, and so on. Maybe it's the economy and people are just tring to get to and from work, but there doesn't seem to be a connection between who you are and what you drive for a lot of people.

I used to look at every beaten, neglected car i saw and think to myself, "there was a day when someone brought that car home, brand new, and was so proud to have the neighbors come over and have a look at it", but now I'm not so sure every new car gets that day.

lansing is horrible man, older people younger kids they all dont care for their cars. the worst at MSu is the international student that pick up nice bimmers, mercs and dont care for them at all. There are a few with maseratis and lambos that just let them get disgusting and simply dont care. i pulled up to a light yesterday next to a guy (like 60ish) in his new 5.0 mustang and i could only tell the car was black from looking at the roof, i wanted to tell him I can teach him to take care of his car but didnt. cause if a young guy goes and says that its not "proper" haha. i wish i would have taken it a pic cause i had to double take and couldnt believe it. I think its just most people dont care, they paid for the car, now why pay for keeping it clean? simply lazy

the number of really nice new cars, trucks and SUV's driving around town caked with mud and dirt? I just about had a stroke last Friday, driving to Detroit to see some relatives, with the number of newer vehicles that were total filthy disgusting heaps. The first car I noticed was a Toyota Camry that was still covered with salt from last winter. Seriously??????

Then I began to notice more filthy vehicles that looked as if they had never seen a car wash, let alone a hand wash or wax. the front alloy wheels blackened from brake dust. At first I thought it was Detroit, then when I returned to Lansing, I noticed the same thing. I also notice that home properties are becoming more and more unkempt. Someone on this forum mentioned before that the younger gen could care less about the car they drive. This really backs that statement up. Is there any pride left in America? Or have we sunken down so far that we no longer take pride in cars and homes and really could care less about anything. :help:

Yes I've noticed this also. With the state of the economy I'd think that people would be taking extra good care of there cars. Could be that many are leasing and not doing anything except filling with the cheapest gas that they can find. Then do a detail before turning it in. If thats the case there will be many unhappy second owners of these cars, then there is the maintenance :mad: or lack of it.

OMG YES! i live in a very ritzy area of Houston, and i see S550s, 7series BMWs, Range Rovers, Porsche's, the works, and about 90% of them are just gross looking. my $30k truck looks better than a lot of those $100k cars to be honest! the only ones i see that are always clean are Ferrari's, Lambo's, and the high end Audi's

OMG YES! i live in a very ritzy area of Houston, and i see S550s, 7series BMWs, Range Rovers, Porsche's, the works, and about 90% of them are just gross looking. my $30k truck looks better than a lot of those $100k cars to be honest! the only ones i see that are always clean are Ferrari's, Lambo's, and the high end Audi's

And the people with the clean ones probably jusy pay to have it done. Lot of dirty cars around here..farmers will go pick a brand new truck up with 0 miles on it with crap covered boots and take off down the gravel road at 60mph!

Archived