Customer Service 866.965.0400

C7 Corvette?

XQIZT

Looks like the rendering borrows a lot from the camaro... specifically the ZL1

The hood heat extractors, the tail lights, even the front fender gills.

If everyone remembers there was a lot of this kind of stuff flying prior to the C6, but GM knows how valuable the vette image is and I'm confident whatever they bring out will be impressive.

In the end this is still a rendering put out by jalopnik based on what they have seen, so I don't put much creedence in the design holding true b/c it was just this past August that a lot of these sites were SURE the C7 was going to be a mid-engine inline turbo'd 6...

Until GM pulls the wraps off of it themselves stuff like this is nothing but speculation.

Looks like the rendering borrows a lot from the camaro... specifically the ZL1

The hood heat extractors, the tail lights, even the front fender gills.

If everyone remembers there was a lot of this kind of stuff flying prior to the C6, but GM knows how valuable the vette image is and I'm confident whatever they bring out will be impressive.

I mean, they are already in a way alienating current Vette owners by bringing in that High Revving Turbo'd V8!

I agree Dylan...I don't remember there being THIS MUCH hype about the C6 being revealed...maybe because we've been teased and prodded since the Sideswipe concept in the Transformers movie? Certainly, GM's reveal will be the only one that counts, but this latest rendering falls in line with most of the calmer speculations have been: evolutionary, not revolutionary and ready to compete on the track.

this latest rendering falls in line with most of the calmer speculations have been: evolutionary, not revolutionary and ready to compete on the track.

Agreed (and as it should be IMO) I'm sure most of us remember the HAMMERING GM took about the C6 looking so similar to the C5. They were absolutely RAILED in the press for the design. Now a days though, its not much of a discussion, all thats talked about is the bang for the buck and the incredible things they've done with the platform.

I don't expect them to reinvent the car, just improve on what they have... the Vette is still a world beater in the performance department and a steal for the money. If they can just continue to build on that plus address smaller things like interior fit/finish I think the C7 will be just as big of a winner (although it'll probably get bashed by the automotive press for the first 12 months)

It's no too bad. If the camaro-esque taillights are replaced with rounder Vette lights it could work. The front looks very good; the vents on the upper rear fenders would probably go. I also think it might be cool for GM to have a split window just for the first year of the run -- it would be a neat homage to the 63.

...all thats talked about is the bang for the buck and the incredible things they've done with the platform.

I don't expect them to reinvent the car, just improve on what they have... the Vette is still a world beater in the performance department and a steal for the money.

:thumbsup: You sound like a vette guy...I always laugh when people are so shocked that vettes hang with cars 2 and 3 times their price.

I also think it might be cool for GM to have a split window just for the first year of the run -- it would be a neat homage to the 63.

Very true... just make it a special order or limited run thing and I'm sure there'd be a ton of people lined up to get one, those that don't want it don't have to have it. Lord knows GM has enough special edition and trim package vettes out there already, whats one more?

:thumbsup: You sound like a vette guy...I always laugh when people are so shocked that vettes hang with cars 2 and 3 times their price.

Its hard to argue theres a better value for a 2 door sports car out there... the GTR somewhat stands the world on its head, but aside from that you've got Porsche, Ferrari, etc in that realm - pretty impressive for the vette to compete performance wise in those areas.

That being said I wish they'd step up the interior options. I get that its hard to offer the value they do with the finishes and amenities of a Ferrari, but offering upgraded interiors w/ bolstered race seats for example would be a nice start. Its almost a crime you can get Recaro race seats in a Caddy CTSV but not in a vette.

Truth be told, if they removed the vents on the top side of the rear fenders and cleaned up the rear a bit, I could see this easily being the C7. The rear end aside, this works for me.

Exactly! Take those stupid hood vents out too!

The more I keep looking at it, the more it grows on me. They need to change the tails too though...

1. Not actual photos

2. Went through the same stuff (leaks,etc) when the C6 came out

3. Says it's with the ZR1 stylings .......... according to Chevrolet, they are only making the ZR1 one more year UNTIL the C7 comes out, so there will be no ZR1

4. Don't believe everything you read.

5. I like it............ all but the hood scoops.

6. I can't afford a new one now......... I'm sure the prices will be astronomoical by then and I still won't be able to afford one.

It'll get changed 100 X till then. Fun to dream.

This concept looks to me like a combination of the C6, Camero, and Saturn Sky. It looks like a corvette, which is undoubtably an American icon. But it does not give me the sence of WOW that the stringray/Sideswipe concept envokes. That concept to me gets me excited about buying one. While I know some do not care for the Sideswipe Vette, I love it. The style is remeniscent of the Stingray. This just looks like another vette we have seen for the last 30 years. Just my opinion. They would have to make both versions to make both sides happy. As Dylan said, what is one more trim package?

2011corvettec7_1.jpg

2011corvettec7_3.jpg

I don't really care for this drawing. Way too angular. It doesn't have a sleek, sexy feel to me. Feels like they're making a transformer version of the vette.

The Sideswipe concept looks like it wants to be a batmobile. I also get the feeling looking at it that it'll have sight lines that make the driver jealous of the camera's quality sight lines. :loser:

They're trying too hard with some of the concepts and need to keep it simple. Go back to the basics and build on them. Radical design for only the sake of radical design usually ends up being crappy.

I think it looks amazing. Looks Fast and very aerodynamic. I love all the lines.

I dont care to much for the vents above the rear wheel next to the door. I think the vents on the hood look good and are probably funcional.

I love the tailights but i can see how die hard corvette fans wont like the fact that they are square.

agreed, looks like the illegitimate offspring of a ZL1 and a transformer. and what are they doing with those pipes, they trying to one up the 458 with 4? haha idk, when i look at it, it doesnt scream out vette to me, screams cartoons. I dont think it resembles the idea of a corvett,e how i think of one at least hardly at all.

AJ...I saw that and it could cut either way...as damage control or as fact.

GM wins either way...the get feedback on the design if it IS the direction they are going....OR as a nice distract for a month or two while they work away in silence.

AJ...I saw that and it could cut either way...as damage control or as fact.

GM wins either way...the get feedback on the design if it IS the direction they are going....OR as a nice distract for a month or two while they work away in silence.

Yes that could go either way but I find it very hard to believe that this design came off of a GM sheet of paper. Not from the looks of the first 6 generations. No way in hell.

Archived