Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray after wash?

SteveC68

Question

14 answers to this question

How many here spray the detail spray on their car right after the wash and before drying? I tried that and it left detail spray spots in a few places, but those seem to wipe off easily even after a few days on the car.

I use either DS or WW depending on my mood.

1. 2 bucket wash
  2. Sheet rinse
  3. Force air dry
  4. Towel dry remaining water with WW or DS

I should explain. I sheet rinse, then blow our all the "cracks" with my Master Blaster then lightly mist each panel and wipe off with my great white towel. I just think the detail spray makes it pop!

I use either DS or WW depending on my mood.

1. 2 bucket wash
  2. Sheet rinse
  3. Force air dry
  4. Towel dry remaining water with WW or DS

So you don't spray the entire car then with detail spray or waterless wash, just the reamaining wet areas that need drying?

If I'm using waterless - yes... just the wet areas.

If I'm using DS I do the entire car b/c I'm using it for the added gloss.

Key thing is, don't spray the whole car down then wipe - the product will be dry before you get all the way around. Work panels or small sections at a time - light mist of product, wipe, repeat. This applies to pretty much any way you'd use it... wet or dry... work in sections. The only time you can get away with spraying the ENTIRE car down is if its cool to the touch and in 100% shade.

This is what I noticed (before I purchased my Metro MasterBlaster for a drying aid)in the summer time. After I did a final rinse after washing.If I sprayed the entire vehicle down with DetailSpray,I would NOT get hard water spots while towel drying.

Archived